DC throws Rockhold and Woodley under the bus

Oh I wish we could see DC beat the brakes off this kid lol.

Maybe start with you, but can EVERYONE stop being so stupid? Jake has not beat a SINGLE MMA fighter in MMA. Stop falling for this morons game. I can't believe there are this many brain dead people here. Stop allowing that narrative. When Jake Paul fights and beats Ben in MMA, THEN HE IS AN MMA BEATER. You guys are too much.
Jake Paul got the mma world shook rn. If I was DC I would stop trying to feed my boys to this killer and just let the young man move onto some real fighters.

Id like to see Whittaker or Till beat the brakes off Fake Paul. Send an actual striker this time with good hands. Give them 6 months of prep time instead of 11 weeks and I think we see Fake Paul sent to the shadow realm.
A highly ranked "actual striker" MMArtist needs a 6 month camp to beat a youtuber, LMAO.

i dont get why a lot of mma fans just dont understand that striking is not equal to boxing
just because these mma guys throw punches dosent mean they can box

jake would be a big favorite against woodley/rockhold

You're funny!
Jake would get KTFO by Woodley or Rockhold.

Yes, striking and boxing are not equal, but there are many similarities, though.

Jake is an amateur boxer, Woodley and Rockhold are ex champions who have much better striking than Askren, who absolutely sucks at striking/boxing/standup fighting. I

Both Luke and Tryon are closer to JP's size makes sense.

They're also too old in my opinion but this is one of the reasons JP might accept the fight.

You guys think GSP was/is risk adverse or cherry picking. JP is even worse he would never accept a fight that there is a high chance he would lose.

He's not doing this to challenge himself. It's a money grab. 1.5m views at $50 = $75m

Isn't DC too big to fight either JP or J'Leon? DC is 240 on a good day (starving), he ain't cutting weight at this point in his life

You're funny!
Jake would get KTFO by Woodley or Rockhold.

Yes, striking and boxing are not equal, but there are many similarities, though.

Jake is an amateur boxer, Woodley and Rockhold are ex champions who have much better striking than Askren, who absolutely sucks at striking/boxing/standup fighting. I
dude they are champions in MMA not boxing
even if their hands are good by ufc standards its still just amateur level by boxing standards
and i consider jake as a decent amateur boxer

the only guy i kinda respect in mma by boxing standards is adesanya and maybe holloway

even guys like poirer and conor are only at amateur level of boxing.
any golden gloves guy would piece them up

even if their hands are good by ufc standards its still just amateur level by boxing standards

the only guy i kinda respect in mma by boxing standards is adesanya and maybe holloway

Jake Paul is not golden gloves. Not even close.
You are comparing a youtuber with zero quality boxing experience vs top mma fighters

And Adesanya and Max are not the only ones

Yan
Masvidal
Garbrandt
Mousasi

DC has way better hands both in terms of speed and power then Askren. However DCs strengths aren’t translating well into a boxing ring. No limitless clinching, collar ties and dirty boxing. Nah the risk of DC losing would be there against Jake in a boxing match regardless of what people think.
I just can't believe that. He spent an hour fighting Stipe Miocic and most of it was spent on the feet. He's faced the most fearsome strikers in MMA like Silva, Miocic, Lewis, and Rumble and only succumbed to body shots once after going 4 hard rounds with the greatest HW in UFC history. The only KO he suffered was from a clean head kick against the GOAT who was juiced to the gills.

What about Cody and Masvidal?

What about Cody and Masvidal?

Amazing strikers in MMA but they won’t beat competent boxers. That’s not how this works. You open the playing field and allow MMA fighter to utilize more weapons then just “hands”..it’s an absolute massacre.

But with Boxing’s Limited specific set of rules, it’s
Not happening.

DC has always been one of the biggest dicks in the sport, but plenty of people ignored it because Jon happened to be his rival and so it was less noticeable (for some) compared to the things Jon did and said.

Who are the 15-20 fighters ahead of him? DC had a MW frame but won gold at LHW and HW. He is easily top 10 if not top 5.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He lost both rivalries with Jones and Stipe, indicating he probably never should've been champion at either weight. Definitely not LHW at the least seeing as Jones sweeped him.

He's the definition of a paper champ who's deeds look great on paper (UFC champion) until examined in their context about what was happening at the time to make it happen (Jones wasn't around, lost next 2 to Stipe), and then it becomes a lot less impressive and seemingly more that he was just a top 5 fighter who lucked out. Which may not have even been the case at HW seeing as in the run that matters he only beat Stipe and 3 week notice Lewis. It's not like he beat Ngannou, Blaydes, or anybody else to firmly entrench himself there as the actual best, and not a guy who just got an eyepoke KO of Stipe.

He's also only 6-4 in title fights, so trying to say he's top 5 is beyond ridiculous. Jones is 15-0. GSP is 13-2. Anderson is 10-2. Etc. There's a very big gap between the top 5 and someone like DC.

Saying he's somewhere in the top 15-20 is perfectly fine. He is. After that context does make it complicated to throw him higher. Not his fault he fell in the eras he did, but he did and his own champion "era" was more of a placeholder sticky note.

Listened to the interview. Thought the same thing, but I think it was unintentional. In one breath he was saying he doesn’t “punch down” and at the same time was saying Tyron is a good boxer and sounded like he was implying Tyron would be a “punch up” for Jake. In the context it seems apparent he thinks highly of Tyron, but kinda insulted Tyron unintentionally in my opinion. I think he sounded like he was trying to push for Tyron to get a big payday. Just my interpretation of his rant.
I think it’s fair though, Tyron is on a bad skid and would appreciate that payday, while DC was just apart of a very important trilogy fight for the heavyweight championship. Being a former Olympian too, it’s just gross for DC to consider boxing Jake Paul.

Edit 2: I might have misinterpreted DC as explained by Volador. If so, mea culpa, DC. Sorry for calling you out on my mistake. Blame is on me if this is the case.

Prologue: After some twitter drama between DC and some ex pro boxer in Jake Paul's "entourage", DC got "called out" by Jake to box this ex pro boxer on Jake's next card (I guess). DC declined.

The reason that DC declined, he says, is that for all of his life DC has fought for world titles and that he doesn't want to "punch down". Then DC continues to say that this ex pro boxer should fight Tyron and "Rockhold or somebody like that" (instead of DC).

DC: "I'm not gonna do that [box this guy] because you don't punch down. I'm not gonna punch down and fight a guy that's on YouTube. Stupid. I fought for World titles my whole life. Why would you start the punch down?"

Then DC goes on to say things like:
"But I would like him to fight Tyron. I would like to see him fight somebody more real."
and
"Fight Luke Rockhold or somebody like that."

FYI, DC, Rockhold was a champion in the very same organisations that you were a champion in: Strikeforce and UFC. Tyron was also a champion in the UFC. These guys also fought for World titles - and won them. Apparently it's below DC to fight a "guy that's on YouTube", but DC doesn't think that it is below Luke or Tyron to fight this "guy that's on YouTube".

Edit: Mid talk about fighting the ex boxer DC changes to say that he would like Tyron and Luke to fight Jake (I missed this - I thought he talked about the ex boxer).
I think this makes it even worse regarding the "punch down" argument though. Jake has never fought a pro boxer while the ex boxer guy has a boxing record of 24-3-1 facing other pro boxers.

Yeah I thought it was a lil slight too but he's also much bigger than Paul.

Jake Paul is not golden gloves. Not even close.
You are comparing a youtuber with zero quality boxing experience vs top mma fighters

And Adesanya and Max are not the only ones

Yan
Masvidal
Garbrandt
Mousasi
i never said jake is golden gloves level
i said he is a decent amateur boxer read it again

yan and garbrandt are decent, not as good as adesanya but still elite in terms of mma standards

but masvidal? he is literally a street fighter with a brawling style. not impressive at all the only thing he has going for him is power
i dont watch bellator so dont know how good mousasi is

i never said jake is golden gloves level
i said he is a decent amateur boxer read it again

yan and garbrandt are decent, not as good as adesanya but still elite in terms of mma standards

but masvidal? he is literally a street fighter with a brawling style. not impressive at all the only thing he has going for him is power
i dont watch bellator so dont know how good mousasi is
For years people were touting Jorge as an underrated fighter with some of the best boxing in MMA. He's one of the slickest guys around, he has head movement and puts combinations together well, he's not a brawler like Mike Perry.

J’Leon Love isn’t an ex boxer. He’s still active.

And he’s absolutely destroy Woodley

For years people were touting Jorge as an underrated fighter with some of the best boxing in MMA. He's one of the slickest guys around, he has head movement and puts combinations together well, he's not a brawler like Mike Perry.
i am more a boxing fan than mma fan so i can only tell you my perspective
masivdal overextends and leaves himself open a lot in boxing he would get counterd by any average pro even darren till was able to do it
his movements arent smooth he uses much more stamina than other boxer would
also his footwork is very flat but i guess thats just a lot of mma guys

Back