DC throws Rockhold and Woodley under the bus

Prologue: After some twitter drama between DC and some ex pro boxer in Jake Paul's "entourage", DC got "called out" by Jake to box this ex pro boxer on Jake's next card (I guess). DC declined.

The reason that DC declined, he says, is that for all of his life DC has fought for world titles and that he doesn't want to "punch down". Then DC continues to say that this ex pro boxer should fight Tyron and "Rockhold or somebody like that" (instead of DC).

DC: "I'm not gonna do that [box this guy] because you don't punch down. I'm not gonna punch down and fight a guy that's on YouTube. Stupid. I fought for World titles my whole life. Why would you start the punch down?"

Then DC goes on to say things like:
"But I would like him to fight Tyron. I would like to see him fight somebody more real."
and
"Fight Luke Rockhold or somebody like that."

FYI, DC, Rockhold was a champion in the very same organisations that you were a champion in: Strikeforce and UFC. Tyron was also a champion in the UFC. These guys also fought for World titles - and won them. Apparently it's below DC to fight a "guy that's on YouTube", but DC doesn't think that it is below Luke or Tyron to fight this "guy that's on YouTube".

Edit: Mid talk about fighting the ex boxer DC changes to say that he would like Tyron and Luke to fight Jake (I missed this - I thought he talked about the ex boxer).
I think this makes it even worse regarding the "punch down" argument though. Jake has never fought a pro boxer while the ex boxer guy has a boxing record of 24-3-1 facing other pro boxers.

He is trying to get Rockhold (his buddy) and Woodley giant paydays. He is a heavyweight and retired with a bad back. He also can't make 190lbs to fight JP these guys can

I don't understand why the MMA fighters don't stipulate American kickboxing rules: punches and kicks no clinching.

Because an MMA fighter who's popular will bring $$$ and give him a better shot at winning than fighting someone who's a real boxer. "good boxing" by MMA standards would translate to "poor boxing" by boxing standards. Paul would have much better odds beating washed up retired MMA guys over washed up retired boxers. A 15 year past his prime De La Hoya would do 10 times better against Jake than probably any even active MMA guy. Same goes for most retired pro boxers who are a decade plus washed up.

And I'm not implying Jake's a good boxer, I'm saying most MMA fighters in a straight boxing match wouldn't do very well.
Jake Paul murders De La Hoya at this point. 48 year old drug riddled Oscar is not going to be able to move around and avoid shots like he used to and certainly isnt going to stand up to hard shots from a 190lb 24 year old.

DC has way better hands both in terms of speed and power then Askren. However DCs strengths aren’t translating well into a boxing ring. No limitless clinching, collar ties and dirty boxing. Nah the risk of DC losing would be there against Jake in a boxing match regardless of what people think.

This is all a big W for JP. He is going to become the MMA killer, just leave him alone.
Maybe start with you, but can EVERYONE stop being so stupid? Jake has not beat a SINGLE MMA fighter in MMA. Stop falling for this morons game. I can't believe there are this many brain dead people here. Stop allowing that narrative. When Jake Paul fights and beats Ben in MMA, THEN HE IS AN MMA BEATER. You guys are too much.

DC: "I'm not gonna do that [box this guy] because you don't punch down. I'm not gonna punch down and fight a guy that's on YouTube. Stupid. I fought for World titles my whole life. Why would you start the punch down?"

DC Bless. If I’m gonna fight some worthless YouTuber it’s gonna be the double rainbow guy

To me it sounds like he was saying "I wouldn't call out this YouTuber boxer but if he fought a real fighter with decent striking I would watch it" you know, more like he wouldn't entertain the idea but if someone else does that's cool.
Yeah but he phrased it in such a way that he is above it because of all of his accomplishments. I don’t think he really thought it through before he said it.

Jake Paul would run through Tyron and Luke. MMA has already been ashamed enough.

Pretty sure you misunderstood completely. He was saying he won't punch down in that he won't respond of get into a back and forth on twitter with nobodies, or fight a nobody who's 60lbs lighter. Him fighting them was never even proposed. 500k and even 1mil is less than DC made in his MMA fights, they're not even close to the same weight class.

Tyron actually was proposed already to fight Jake, is a similar size and he's not retired, so he's saying which guys he would like to see Jake fight. The punching down part was about getting into a Twitter feud with a smaller guy. You misinterpreted.

Classic sherdoger believes his point is even stronger now that he correctly understands what DC said.

Lol, this drama is actually pretty hilarious. I would love for fatboy DC to fight Jake.
They don't give a pass to towel sennanigans in Thriller. They are all cringey scumbags but have at least some minimal standarts. DCheater has no place there.

Beating a well rounded MMA fighter in boxing and thinking he sucks is like beating Shaq in a free throw contest and thinking he sucks. It’s narrow and stupid.

Terrible thread. Let me break it down for you.

"I'm not gonna punch down, why would i do that"

"I'm not gonna punch down AND fight someone on youtube, i would kill him"

"Fight a MW, fight luke rockhold"

Lets see if you can put those clues together.

Id like to see Whittaker or Till beat the brakes off Fake Paul. Send an actual striker this time with good hands. Give them 6 months of prep time instead of 11 weeks and I think we see Fake Paul sent to the shadow realm.
whats wrong with woodley?
are you not sure he would beat him?

Are you joking?!
6 months to beat an amateur?
Whittaker or Till should beat him with no camp after 1 week of sandblasting prostitutes.
Whit and Till = legit striking
Askren = worst striking in MMA ever (not counting complete bums)

source.gif
i dont get why a lot of mma fans just dont understand that striking is not equal to boxing
just because these mma guys throw punches dosent mean they can box

jake would be a big favorite against woodley/rockhold

Back