DC throws Rockhold and Woodley under the bus

NikLuk

Silver Wolf
@Green
Reaction score
Edit 2: I might have misinterpreted DC as explained by Volador. If so, mea culpa, DC. Sorry for calling you out on my mistake. Blame is on me if this is the case.

Prologue: After some twitter drama between DC and some ex pro boxer in Jake Paul's "entourage", DC got "called out" by Jake to box this ex pro boxer on Jake's next card (I guess). DC declined.

The reason that DC declined, he says, is that for all of his life DC has fought for world titles and that he doesn't want to "punch down". Then DC continues to say that this ex pro boxer should fight Tyron and "Rockhold or somebody like that" (instead of DC).

DC: "I'm not gonna do that [box this guy] because you don't punch down. I'm not gonna punch down and fight a guy that's on YouTube. Stupid. I fought for World titles my whole life. Why would you start the punch down?"

Then DC goes on to say things like:
"But I would like him to fight Tyron. I would like to see him fight somebody more real."
and
"Fight Luke Rockhold or somebody like that."

FYI, DC, Rockhold was a champion in the very same organisations that you were a champion in: Strikeforce and UFC. Tyron was also a champion in the UFC. These guys also fought for World titles - and won them. Apparently it's below DC to fight a "guy that's on YouTube", but DC doesn't think that it is below Luke or Tyron to fight this "guy that's on YouTube".

Edit: Mid talk about fighting the ex boxer DC changes to say that he would like Tyron and Luke to fight Jake (I missed this - I thought he talked about the ex boxer).
I think this makes it even worse regarding the "punch down" argument though. Jake has never fought a pro boxer while the ex boxer guy has a boxing record of 24-3-1 facing other pro boxers.

Last edited:
Listened to the interview. Thought the same thing, but I think it was unintentional. In one breath he was saying he doesn’t “punch down” and at the same time was saying Tyron is a good boxer and sounded like he was implying Tyron would be a “punch up” for Jake. In the context it seems apparent he thinks highly of Tyron, but kinda insulted Tyron unintentionally in my opinion. I think he sounded like he was trying to push for Tyron to get a big payday. Just my interpretation of his rant.

DC made millions and millions of dollars in each of the last few years of his career. He and his family are setup for life.

He's trying to get his buddy Rockhold or a friend in Woodley a payday. They didn't make a fraction of the money DC did and don't have high profile broadcast careers.

Here’s the thing is Woodley doesn’t box well, and Luke first box well plus has been incredibly chinny in his recent outings.

Luke is also a way better kicker than a puncher.

DC is a top 15-20 p4p fighter in MMA history

Rockhold and Woodley, despite being former champs, aren't even close to that tier of greatness
All three are former champs , so no matter what rank we give them they are the absolute elite of the elite. I dont see a need to differentiate further regarding a youtuber

Lol I heard that..

But Jake is like 190, besides hendo it would be the smallest guy he's ever fought.(if that) Size, chin, punching power etc..

Plus he's older and significantly financially better off than them.

Id like to see Whittaker or Till beat the brakes off Fake Paul. Send an actual striker this time with good hands. Give them 6 months of prep time instead of 11 weeks and I think we see Fake Paul sent to the shadow realm.

For as much (deserved) shit Jake Paul gets realistically he’s a semi serious Amatuer Boxer fighting non boxers. He’s got the fundamentals. Sadly I’d take him over Rockhold or Woodley in a pure boxing match. At the same rate, a low ranking or old retired UFC fighter would obliterate Paul in a mma match. Sage Northcutt should call him out for an MMA match. That would be interesting.

most of these MMA guys who go into boxing swing tense labored punches from the shoulders and traps. Boxers just pop those punches out there from the hip.

No matter how awesome a lot striking looks during an mma fight, only a few mma guys (Holloway, Diaz) actually throw the types of punches that could actually translate to an actual boxing match.

I see why Conor took a whole year off to focus only on boxing.

Lol, this drama is actually pretty hilarious. I would love for fatboy DC to fight Jake.

Dude probably has a hell of a lot of physical issues still plaguing him, so he really doesn't want to go through a boxing camp.

Id like to see Whittaker or Till beat the brakes off Fake Paul. Send an actual striker this time with good hands. Give them 6 months of prep time instead of 11 weeks and I think we see Fake Paul sent to the shadow realm.

Are you joking?!
6 months to beat an amateur?
Whittaker or Till should beat him with no camp after 1 week of sandblasting prostitutes.
Whit and Till = legit striking
Askren = worst striking in MMA ever (not counting complete bums)

source.gif

DC is trying to get two of his mates a payday, he’s being a good bloke actually.

Why don’t he just fight a real boxer? Keep this dudes name out of MMA.

Back