DC throws Rockhold and Woodley under the bus

For as much (deserved) shit Jake Paul gets realistically he’s a semi serious Amatuer Boxer fighting non boxers. He’s got the fundamentals. Sadly I’d take him over Rockhold or Woodley in a pure boxing match. At the same rate, a low ranking or old retired UFC fighter would obliterate Paul in a mma match. Sage Northcutt should call him out for an MMA match. That would be interesting.

most of these MMA guys who go into boxing swing tense labored punches from the shoulders and traps. Boxers just pop those punches out there from the hip.

No matter how awesome a lot striking looks during an mma fight, only a few mma guys (Holloway, Diaz) actually throw the types of punches that could actually translate to an actual boxing match.

I see why Conor took a whole year off to focus only on boxing.
He should fight diaz

DC trying to help his homies get a payday

Who are the 15-20 fighters ahead of him? DC had a MW frame but won gold at LHW and HW. He is easily top 10 if not top 5.
For sure top ten very close if not top 5. Imo its bones/gsp/silva/khabib/dc

I thought Woodley was fight Oscar?

EzObGQpUUAQjAlU

Listened to the interview. Thought the same thing, but I think it was unintentional. In one breath he was saying he doesn’t “punch down” and at the same time was saying Tyron is a good boxer and sounded like he was implying Tyron would be a “punch up” for Jake. In the context it seems apparent he thinks highly of Tyron, but kinda insulted Tyron unintentionally in my opinion. I think he sounded like he was trying to push for Tyron to get a big payday. Just my interpretation of his rant.

Nailed it.

Also, DC is a retired 45 year old former wrestler and former MMArtist. Both Tyron and Rockhold are both still active and much younger, this fight would be just a payday for them, whilst for DC it would be the fight that ends his career as a fighter. I think he also believes there is a slim chance that Jake outboxes him or TKOs him as he himself is not a boxer.

No matter to say It would be great to watch and I'd bet my house DC would put his heart and soul into it, unlike Ben who just went in for the payday and thought he was gonna win just cause he's a fighter (with a recently replaced hip and chub chub hanging off his limbs shoulders and belly). It was not embarassing bc of the loss, but bc of how he showed up and the fact he was constantly downplaying his opponent.

For as much (deserved) shit Jake Paul gets realistically he’s a semi serious Amatuer Boxer fighting non boxers. He’s got the fundamentals. Sadly I’d take him over Rockhold or Woodley in a pure boxing match. At the same rate, a low ranking or old retired UFC fighter would obliterate Paul in a mma match. Sage Northcutt should call him out for an MMA match. That would be interesting.

most of these MMA guys who go into boxing swing tense labored punches from the shoulders and traps. Boxers just pop those punches out there from the hip.

No matter how awesome a lot striking looks during an mma fight, only a few mma guys (Holloway, Diaz) actually throw the types of punches that could actually translate to an actual boxing match.

Diaz?? Maybe Nick had decent boxing, Nate's is way overrated. He's sloppy and slow, conor easily outboxed him and knocked him down several times in both fights before gassing. Nate's long and has a helluva chin, only reason why he'd put Paul in his place. Wether the storm and then overwhelm him with volume

DC is a top 15-20 p4p fighter in MMA history

Rockhold and Woodley, despite being former champs, aren't even close to that tier of greatness
Right you are Kenny. To add to this, I don't think DC is disrespecting them, he's just giving his own personal reasons why he wouldn't do it, and then suggesting other fighters that would put on a good show/represent MMA.

Why don’t he just fight a real boxer? Keep this dudes name out of MMA.

Because an MMA fighter who's popular will bring $$$ and give him a better shot at winning than fighting someone who's a real boxer. "good boxing" by MMA standards would translate to "poor boxing" by boxing standards. Paul would have much better odds beating washed up retired MMA guys over washed up retired boxers. A 15 year past his prime De La Hoya would do 10 times better against Jake than probably any even active MMA guy. Same goes for most retired pro boxers who are a decade plus washed up.

And I'm not implying Jake's a good boxer, I'm saying most MMA fighters in a straight boxing match wouldn't do very well.

Id like to see Whittaker or Till beat the brakes off Fake Paul. Send an actual striker this time with good hands. Give them 6 months of prep time instead of 11 weeks and I think we see Fake Paul sent to the shadow realm.

They could roll off the sofa tomorrow and blitz full camp Paul.

First jab and Rockhold would be sent to the shadow realm.

He said he wouldn't punch down and call out Jake Paul. Despite this he wants to see Jake Paul get his ass beat by a real fighter with decent striking. He's not taking a shot at Rockhold or Tyron.

Are you just stupid or click baiting?

DC said tyron and rockhold should fight jake paul not the random cheerleader douche
He is saying that Jake is not worthy of a fight with him. But he is worthy of a fight with his good buddy Luke LOL. That’s what he said.

He said he wouldn't punch down and call out Jake Paul. Despite this he wants to see Jake Paul get his ass beat by a real fighter with decent striking. He's not taking a shot at Rockhold or Tyron.
He is taking at shot them because he is saying Jake is not worthy of a fight with him. But he is worthy of fighting somebody else namely one of his friends. He’s putting himself on another level in comparison to them.

He is taking at shot them because he is saying Jake is not worthy of a fight with him. But he is worthy of fighting somebody else namely one of his friends. He’s putting himself on another level in comparison to them.
To me it sounds like he was saying "I wouldn't call out this YouTuber boxer but if he fought a real fighter with decent striking I would watch it" you know, more like he wouldn't entertain the idea but if someone else does that's cool.

This is kind of why I cringed when I heard that Askren was going to fight him. Askren is a horrible boxer. He has the worse standup in MMA. He would get outpointed by women in a boxing match. Now for some reason, Jake is getting hype for beating the worse striker in MMA.

DC just doesn't want to get slept by Jake Paul like Askren.

Hes scared.

I don't think his fundamentals are that good. He really makes himself a sucker for the lead hook, even more than Rockhold. He even backs up on a straight line just like Rockhold and his lead hand is meh with all his combinations just being 1-2s.

Dc should have said, no thanks I'm not a boxer. Fight me in mma

Back