DC s weird re-tweet

It's pretty obvious that despite being the best at what he does that Jon is dealing with a lot of insecurity. He can't seem to grasp why he gets booed. In his mind it shouldn't be happening, and yet it is, and he can't reconcile those two things.

It's probably true. I'm probably the only person I know [Outside internet dudes] that likes Jon.

That being said: To have a lot of haters means that he probably has a lot of fans too.

It's quite honestly a shame. I could never be a full-out fan but I sometimes feel he can be somewhat likeable... then it's gone.

There were three distinct moments where I thought I'd be a Jones fan. The Machida (go gets some fans). Immediately after the Gus fight, whereI felt Gus won but accepted there was reason Jones could be seen as the winner. But then Jones gave Gus no credit, and talked about 70% etc... which just pushed me right back to disliking him. Then there was this fight. I went in disliking Jones. Once again, he was so good and seemed to be working on not eyepoking, so I was ready to just tip the cap and consider maybe I could like him if he was making an effort. Then that final moment in the fight, plus the crying remark immediately turned me again.

And I'm not the only one. I know so many people that want to like Jones, mostly because he's a great fighter. But then he talks or acts.... and it's gone.

It's pretty obvious that despite being the best at what he does that Jon is dealing with a lot of insecurity. He can't seem to grasp why he gets booed. In his mind it shouldn't be happening, and yet it is, and he can't reconcile those two things.

Really? He has seemed to accept his arrogance and is using it quite well actually. A lot of people like his tweets he makes after his fights that pokes fun at the other fighter.

You are portraying yourself in Jones. Jones winning the fight is the reason for your behaviour. You need to let it go, gus will beat jones and that will relief the pain and anger.

BR
Dr. Phil

I'm a jones fan just calling as I see it.

DC is a sorry figure now. He talked so much crap, trained so hard, believed so much and then got dominated at his own game. He shouldn't have talked as much as he did, he wilted under the pressure as soon as he clinched with Jones and realized he was up against a superior wrestler.

Jon Jones ruined him last night. This is basically as hard a loss as a top level fighter can take.

Yeah but some day, soon...almost over-night, everyone is gonna be calling him the true and undisputed GOAT. Happened when Silva beat Chael for the second time...all of a sudden, people felt more comfortable calling him GOAT.

Same thing will happen for Jones. Probably only when he beats Gus in their rematch if that happens.

Something just has to click with people at a certain time against a certain opponent when it comes to fans accepting a new GOAT.

sxnpqw.jpg

rain-man-2.jpg

Yeah he cares so much about pleasing the fans that was why he called out all the fans wearing "Break Bones" t-shirts during the post fight interview right? Think.

And if anything he looked super emotional knowing that he just beat the biggest challenge of his career with so many fans and fighters actually picking Cormier over him.

Yes because the people wearing break bones shirts are obviously his fans right? Duuuurrr. He wants to be liked, is very mad that he isn't so he lashes out. Very obvious to see for anyone with a basic understanding of human psychology.

Really? He has seemed to accept his arrogance and is using it quite well actually. A lot of people like his tweets he makes after his fights that pokes fun at the other fighter.

idk, maybe. I'm thinking more of immediately after the fight when he said everyone who bought a Break Bones shirt wasted their money. Called folks "haters". Since he can't understand why they boo him, I think the natural assumption is that there's just something wrong with those people, and that them booing him has everything to do with them and nothing to do with him.

I think that's why it got so personal with DC, because DC pointed out again and again not just that folks don't like Jones, but why they don't like Jones.

a lot of people are idiots, which sherdog constantly reaffirms.

Casual fans like him because they dont hear much backstory.

There is way more of them then there is guys who know back story and judge him accordingly (good or bad).

But i doubt Jones is very upset right now .

That's because most people hate being wrong and love shitting on fighters who lose and fellating fighters who win.

I fully admit I predicted DC would kick his ass, and not just because I hate Jon, but because I seriously thought DC was better, and I have no reason to shit on DC. Props to Jones.

Jones has his fans. He went out before the fight and shook hands and posed for selfies with those that we on his side. The backstage interviewer said that one woman was in tears after he took a selfie with her.

Jones has this effect on people. Cormier also was in tears after he met him in the octagon.

Yes because the people wearing break bones shirts are obviously his fans right? Duuuurrr. He wants to be liked, is very mad that he isn't so he lashes out. Very obvious to see for anyone with a basic understanding of human psychology.

When you say all he wants is the adoration of fans, obviously you mean he wants the adoration of people that are NOT already his fans am I not right? And those fans wearing break bones shirts like you said are obviously not his fans, which by your logic are the ones he should be trying to convert into his fans. But did he try to do that? Fuck no, he called them out and made every single fan wearing that shirt in the arena looked stupid.

It's quite honestly a shame. I could never be a full-out fan but I sometimes feel he can be somewhat likeable... then it's gone.

There were three distinct moments where I thought I'd be a Jones fan. The Machida (go gets some fans). Immediately after the Gus fight, whereI felt Gus won but accepted there was reason Jones could be seen as the winner. But then Jones gave Gus no credit, and talked about 70% etc... which just pushed me right back to disliking him. Then there was this fight. I went in disliking Jones. Once again, he was so good and seemed to be working on not eyepoking, so I was ready to just tip the cap and consider maybe I could like him if he was making an effort. Then that final moment in the fight, plus the crying remark immediately turned me again.

And I'm not the only one. I know so many people that want to like Jones, mostly because he's a great fighter. But then he talks or acts.... and it's gone.

This is basically my Bisping story.

That's because most people hate being wrong and love shitting on fighters who lose and fellating fighters who win.

I fully admit I predicted DC would kick his ass, and not just because I hate Jon, but because I seriously thought DC was better, and I have no reason to shit on DC. Props to Jones.

good to hear a genuine person on here, i was disgusted at the amount of idiots that talked shit about cormier after he lost.

good to here a genuine person on here, i was disgusted at the amount of idiots that talked shit about cormier after he lost.

This always happens when a disliked champ isn't beaten; people put faith in a contender who deems himself worthy, the fans love him, and then he loses and the fans just spam what a worthless piece of shit he is.

Back