DC responds to eye poke allegations: I didn't do it on purpose.

DC's whole schtick is being the "nice guy" when really he's a total douche. So of course he publicly denied doing it on purpose, even though he obviously and blatantly did it on purpose.

TightFabulousAplomadofalcon-size_restricted.gif

accidental. but dc needs to be more aware. if it happens once a warning, twice, take a point

Anyone else find it kind of odd he's talking about it now after almost two years since the first fight?

Nah. The topic of the role eyepokes played in his fights with Miocic had never completely died, but lay smoldering in the embers of forums and Twitter. Of course it blazes up anew as another fight with him approaches. And therefore DC will talk about it because he always has to have the last word.

Nah. The topic of the role eyepokes played in his fights with Miocic had never completely died, but lay smoldering in the embers of forums and Twitter. Of course it blazes up anew as another fight with him approaches. And therefore DC will talk about it because he always has to have the last word.

DC is a smart guy and therefore I don't believe him one bit saying he was unintentional.. He's an old dog that knows the old tricks and I firmly believe he knew what he was doing there. He tries to act like a teddy bear that would never do something like that but he knows enough about the game of how to sneak those things in and then answer questions about it later.

DC is a smart guy and therefore I don't believe him one bit saying he was unintentional.. He's an old dog that knows the old tricks and I firmly believe he knew what he was doing there. He tries to act like a teddy bear that would never do something like that but he knows enough about the game of how to sneak those things in and then answer questions about it later.

I wouldn't put it past him. I'm sure he's the type who's capable of viewing less-than legal-techniques as really being savvy "veteran moves." I remember him commentating once when someone did a fence grab and he said something like "of course all the fighters know it's illegal but, if the referee doesn't SEE you do it, ha ha ha..."

During their 5 rds ( 1 in 1st fight, 4 in second fight) there was no round that DC did not tried to eyepoke stipe. Every round he tried to eyepoke stipe with his open finger jap. LOL and this dirty pig says "not on purpose"
He even tried to eyepoke stipe just before the last left body hook lol. It was so fullfilling to watch him get unconscious and KTFO'D
f that.
I would've loved a powerjab from Stipe to break his fingers.

Ive always liked DC but i find his explanation of this very strange.

Is he trying to say when he wears 16 ounce gloves, he can extend his fingers inside his gloves to extend his reach? That is complete nonsense if thats what hes trying to say.

16 ounce gloves will not protect your fingers, hands even your wrist if you arent punching with a proper fist.
BOOM! So glad someone else said it first.

I appreciate this issue is finally getting the attention it deserves and there are a lot of solid posts ITT, but this is the one. Just because you CAN extend your fingers inside a 16 oz glove doesn’t mean you would... why would you??? To hurt yourself? Even easier to do so in big gloves than in an mma fight. weak ass excuse and straight up lie.

stipe still didn’t use a great strategy and was shocked by Cormier’s hand speed, but the eye pokes directly affected the outcome of the fight.

They both eye poked each other more than once. I don't think either has the right to complain

"More than once"

Nice one! So if DC poked Stipe 47 times and Stipe poked DC twice, it is the same because it's more than once?!

Wow, just wow..

Sigh...I used to respect DC as a fighter. Rooted for him in most of his fights. The guy clearly cheated, and lying through his teeth after the fact.

I'm old enough to remember when he fought Barnett early in his career and afterwards said he was shocked at all the oldschool dirty tricks Barnett was subtly pulling in the positions that the ref couldn't see, as well as the standard "open" dirty tricks like covering the mouth to disrupt the breathing, that were really throwing him off as relative newbie who was looking at MMA still as a sport, not a cage fight. He said that considering it worked so well on him, he was going to start doing it too.

And this was before his much more extensive career both fighting and analyzing, where he obviously realized that things are rarely ever penalized even if you get caught/do it accidentally until around the 3rd time it happens. The refs generally give you the benefit of the doubt. You will easily get away with 2 eyepokes, nut shots, short grabs, cage grabs, whatever, assuming the ref even sees it, so why wouldn't you take advantage of that? As long as you don't do it so badly that it stops the fight and you get DQ'd/NC'd, the benefits are huge and you probably won't lose a point over it (and even if you do, you might've compromised them enough that it won't matter). So yeah, flick those hands out there as a "deterrent" and if you score an eyepoke more power to you.

So yeah, I absolutely don't believe he isn't doing these things intentionally.

Stipe should just Jam his fingers into DC's eye hard this time in the first round..

Get the Jump on DC..

DC is not a dirty fighter, neither is Miocic. One of them just happened to sustain more damage from the accidental eyepokes.

Back