DC responds to eye poke allegations: I didn't do it on purpose.

Well, MMA is the only combat sport with open hand gloves, so that's pretty obvious.

Same in MMA, if you add up all the eye pokes its still way more in the UFC then any other org.

Another scumbag like Cormier, trying to defend the indefensible. Do you really believe in what you just said, watching both fights? This is a joke, outrageous. Come on my friend, your values are inverted or what? Embarrassing.

HE
DID
IT
INTENTIONALLY.

On BOTH FIGHTS.

Crystal clear.
Lol whatever helps you sleep at night

So he flicks his fingers at Stipe's eyes to go for his hands? The same hands that are closer to his waste than his eyes?
You know I'm referring to earlier exchanges but let's just focus on what fits your narrative

yup

I feel this way as well

think he just has some habits which lead to eye pokes by nature.

don't think he's trying to poke people's eyes out
I upset a lot of Stipe's fan club lol. Been gone so long that I forgot how emotional everyone gets over this shit

Obligatory

tenor.gif

DC vs Stiopic 2 had some of the most blatant, obviously intentional eye pokes of all time.

Really? Jones actually taunts the fans about it - you think DC (believe him or not) is worse?

Yes. Jones is an asshole who, deep down, actually knows he is an asshole. DC is a hypocrite who actually believes he is the epitome of ethics.

I prefer Jones.

He just had his fingers extended to measure the distance... The distance he'd have to cover to poke him in the eye.

Yes. Jones is an asshole who, deep down, actually knows he is an asshole. DC is a hypocrite who actually believes he is the epitome of ethics.

I prefer Jones.
Jones seems like an asshole to shallow people but deep down he has a good heart

You guys are just terrible at reading people.

In their first meeting in 2018. Cormier won with a first-round knockout but afterwards there were allegations that an eye poke occurred before the finish that may have altered the direction of the fight. Months later when Miocic was asked about the eye pokes in an interview with MMA Fighting, he declined to address it.

Then came the rematch where Miocic exacted his revenge but once again the eye pokes apparently played a part with the Cleveland native suffering an injured retina that required a procedure to repair the damage done. Miocic was forced to take time off due to the injury and his agent Jim Walter later released a statement saying the two-time champion “sustained a major retina injury from multiple eye pokes” and that he would return when “he is healthy enough to compete.”

There are even entire threads on Reddit dedicated to the “did he or didn’t he” aspect of the eye pokes in the fights between Cormier and Miocic.

In response, Cormier addressed the situation in a recent interview with MMA Fighting where he spoke about the alleged eye pokes that happened in both fights.

“I’m not purposely doing that,” Cormier said. “I’m not purposely poking him in the eye. That first fight, I kind of poked him in the eye but the issue with that was sometimes when I spar and because I’m shorter, I have the 16-ounce gloves, I can kind of flick my hand towards guys and hit them when they’re a little bit out of range. I think that’s what happened the first time.

“The second time, once I think my knuckle got jammed into his eye but that’s not a finger. I kind of punched and the thumb was tucked into a fist but the knuckle got him in the eye.”

“I’m not trying to poke the guy in the eye. That’s f**king stupid,” Cormier said. “Why would I ever do that? I don’t wish long term damage to this guy’s eye. I don’t wish that the guy can’t see out of his freaking eye. That’s crazy.

“One of my friends and co-workers deals with that, Michael Bisping. I don’t want to see another guy having to deal with that. That’s crazy. I’m not trying to poke this guy in the eye.”

Miocic knows his sight may never be 20/20 but he told MMA Fighting earlier this year that his vision has vastly improved since having the procedure on his retina. Being cleared by his eye doctor was a major hurdle in booking the trilogy with Cormier in August at UFC 252.

“I would have been back way earlier,” Miocic said about the eye injury. “It’s definitely way, way, way better. I’ve got spots here and there, I don’t think it’s anything out of the ordinary. I needed glasses in general with the retina or not.”

While Miocic was faced with the more serious injury, replays have shown that both fighters may have dealt with eye pokes in their previous meetings but Cormier certainly holds no ill will towards his upcoming opponent for what happened.

“I’ve gotten thumbed to the eye by Stipe before,” Cormier said. “It’s not like he’s never thumbed me in the eye. He’s stuck me in the eye before. Whatever.”

As their third fight fast approaches in August, Cormier understands that every facet of his two previous meetings with Miocic will be dissected including the eye pokes.

All Cormier can promise is that there has never been a single instance where he’s egregiously attempted to harm Miocic and he certainly wouldn’t wish that on his worst enemy much less someone he respects as much as the reigning UFC heavyweight champion.

“We’re wearing these little gloves and we train with 16-ounce gloves,” Cormier explained. “So sometimes you do things that you do with the 16-ounce gloves that you can’t do with the four-ounce gloves. I don’t purposely try to poke this guy in the face.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/6/...llegations-ahead-of-trilogy-with-stipe-miocic

@DC <mma3>

Back