DC responds to eye poke allegations: I didn't do it on purpose.

I have over ten years of boxing experience and never seen or heard of guys reaching and punching with their fingers extended.

Im not claiming to be all knowing, so maybe its a legit thing, but yeah ive been around the gyms for a long time and never seen it.

I imagine trying to punch with your fingers out would break them immediately

They do it as a range finder, but they've been told over and over again not to extend their fingers as it can cause eye pokes before their fights and during it. DC as a so called analyst should know better than most. @Kung Fu Kowboy is this fighter bashing too?

One thing i fully and always will disagree with.

You cannot ban fighters with having open hands. Striking with fingers out is another story.

But open hands is essential to martial arts. Do not forget what this sport is supposed to be. This is martial arts. You cannot have martial arts without an open palm.

Even in boxing/kickboxing the open palm is used to block and catch punches.

Banning this move is completely ignorant and shows lack of martial arts knowledge.
You can bring your palms up, to parry punches but he doesn't do that even though he knows better than most what happens.

They do it as a range finder, but they've been told over and over again not to extend their fingers as it can cause eye pokes before their fights and during it. DC as a so called analyst should know better than most. @Kung Fu Kowboy is this fighter bashing too?
Yeah i get that its a range finder, but DCs excuse seems to be that he actually is punching with his fingers extended, inside of the 16 ounce gloves.

Doesn't matter. Sherdog believes all eyepokes are intentional. Fatigue couldn't possibly have anything to do with it.

He also said that him grabbing the towel on weighs ins was an optical illusion.
DC was extending his fingers to nulify Stipes range..to make him uncomfortable going in..and atleast twice purposely poked him.
Did Stipe poke him back? Only once in the first fight and it looked unintentional...DC flicked and then put his thumb in Stipes eye socket..and went for the kill even tho he knew what had just happened.
Sociopath bigger than Jones imo
Wouldn't go that far but he's just as fake

I remember a time DC was on camera (I think with Anik, or was it Florian?) explaining the new unified rules changes when they came out, and he was positively giddy and gloating when he talked about the no fingers outstretched rule. He made obvious pointed reference to Jon. But he seems to change his tone when the shoe is on the other foot...it's probably the shoe he threw at Jon, too :rolleyes:

However, when DC fought Miocic the first time it was when Nevada hadn't adopted them yet, so you can't really blame him too harshly for keeping his fingers out since it was still legal. But California definitely had the rule in place when the second fight came round, and Nevada has embraced them by now.

I remember a time DC was on camera (I think with Anik, or was it Florian?) explaining the new unified rules changes when they came out, and he was positively giddy and gloating when he talked about the no fingers outstretched rule. He made obvious pointed reference to Jon. But he seems to change his tone when the shoe is on the other foot...it's probably the shoe he threw at Jon, too :rolleyes:

However, when DC fought Miocic the first time it was when Nevada hadn't adopted them yet, so you can't really blame him too harshly for keeping his fingers out since it was still legal. But California definitely had the rule in place when the second fight came round, and Nevada has embraced them by now.
Changes to the unified rules went into effect Jan 1 2017, DC Stipe 1 was summer of 2018. Furthermore California and Vegas were the first states to recognize the rule changes. Either way DC knew better, so your theory doesn't hold much water

Some of the most obvious eyepokes ever. Loved seeing him get knocked out in the 2nd fight

Changes to the unified rules went into effect Jan 1 2017, DC Stipe 1 was summer of 2018. Furthermore California and Vegas were the first states to recognize the rule changes. Either way DC knew better, so your theory doesn't hold much water

California was one of the first to adopt yes, but Nevada wasn't. They really dragged their feet. From an article in November 2018 : "The new rule allowing referees to take points for fighters points their fingers out toward the opponent’s eyes and the altered language for judging will also be adopted in Nevada once the process is over." https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11...-mma-but-not-same-grounded-fighter-definition

Yoou can argue DC was hypocriical to keep his fingers out the first time, but not that he was doing it against the rules.

I am a fan of DC but its very strange when he threw punches towards stipe and his hand was about to reach stipe's face, DC opens his hands and poked stipe in the eye..

DC has his fingers extended to grab onto Stipe's hands because his reach is too long. DC has been doing this for years. He's not trying to poke guys, it just happens when he's switching between locking hands and punching.
Another scumbag like Cormier, trying to defend the indefensible. Do you really believe in what you just said, watching both fights? This is a joke, outrageous. Come on my friend, your values are inverted or what? Embarrassing.

HE
DID
IT
INTENTIONALLY.

On BOTH FIGHTS.

Crystal clear.

California was one of the first to adopt yes, but Nevada wasn't. They really dragged their feet. From an article in November 2018 : "The new rule allowing referees to take points for fighters points their fingers out toward the opponent’s eyes and the altered language for judging will also be adopted in Nevada once the process is over." https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11...-mma-but-not-same-grounded-fighter-definition

Yoou can argue DC was hypocriical to keep his fingers out the first time, but not that he was doing it against the rules.
Regardless he was still finger banging Stipe's eye and it looked deliberate as hell

The UFC has more eye pokes then almost all the other combat sports combines. In 20 years of combat sports Ive never been to an event were another fighter poked another fighter in the eye. Its some weird epidemic that seems to plague the UFC. Not sure if its the gloves or what. But they really need to do something before another fighter goes blind or loses an eye.

Well, MMA is the only combat sport with open hand gloves, so that's pretty obvious.

DC was gassed in the first or 2nd round?
Yeah, like their first fight, maybe he was already gassed in the first round on that one too. Didn't you see?! Are you blind?!

Seriously, Cormier fans are another level of "scumbagness". I don't get it, they defend the indefensible, KNOWING that was wrong. But they simply don't care. He almost deliberately blinded Stipe and they simply... don't care. This doesn't make any sense, it really gets me mad every single time imagining "people" like that.

Back