DC is by far a much more impressive fighter than Jon Jones

A HW beating a 50 year old MW is the most impressive thing I have ever seen.

Yea Dc looked great, but come on, Dan is washed up, should retire at this point imo. Nothing left to prove.

Beating Dan Henderson doesn't tell us anything really, what was he a -850 favorite? So he won a fight convincingly, that he was supposed to win convincingly.

Jones is a completely different animal than no TRT, 40 years old Hendo.

I like DC and Jones, I think it will be a great fight, but just because DC dismantled TRt' less Hendo doesn't mean he can beat one of the best fighters in the World today. Sure I think he can beat Jones, but it has nothing to do with how he handled Hendo. Hopefully we'll see how Dc handles Jones' length, speed and unpredictable striking. Could be a good one.

DC didn't toss around Mir or Big Nog. He grappled Mir utilizing the clinch. He took Big Foot down after catching a kick.

I'm a huge DC fan, but to disregard JBJ as not being better is ridiculous. We haven't seen DC fight the upper echelon of the LHW division as JBJ did.

JBJ is P4P #1. DC isn't on that list (yet). I would like to see JBJ vs. DC more than Gus vs. DC.

It doesn't matter if JBJ is bigger or has a longer reach. If he makes the 205lb limit, he can fight at LHW. I swear people will pick the dumbest things to complain about. Is Struve too big for HW because he's damn near 7 foot tall? Was Brock too big for HW because he walks around at 290+? Get over it!

I would say DC did a better job than Jackson by having some nice highlight reel moves in his fight.

Yeah it was flashy but a few years ago Shields smothered prime TRT Hendo for 5 rounds.. This is not unprecedented at all..

I don't make stupid bets. Its an MMA fight, anything can happen. Look what happened to Barao last night. My point is not that Cormier CAN'T win, of course he can, my point is that he won't beat Bones.

Oblique kicks and face pawing all night long while slowing beating Cormier up, maybe a late finish. Bones is the greatest LHW of all time and likely in his prime. I say likely in his prime because we don't know if he has even hit his prime yet because he is only 26 years old.

My point is that JJ won't beat Cormier, he will use striking to close the distance and grab a hold of JJ, ragdoll him , control him in the clinch and against the cage. He will take damage to deal his own damage and will not be intimidated.

DC has the grappling advantage over anybody in the UFC , maaaybe Cain and him are on equal levels after training so much with eachother.

we can sit here and argue about it or we can accountbet!

The fight was very impressive, and Cormier for sure showed that he is as good a fighter as he has been given credit for. But he hasn't proven he can defeat any top 5 fighter, and if you would like to count any of his heavyweight-wins as a top 5 win, then I feel like you're just reaching.

I think both Gustafsson and Jon Jones are capable of fighting a completely different fight than Henderson was able to, thus Cormier should beat Glover teixeira or Rashad Evans to earn the titleshot AFTER the rematch between Gus and Jones. :icon_chee

Yea Dc looked great, but come on, Dan is washed up, should retire at this point imo. Nothing left to prove.

Beating Dan Henderson doesn't tell us anything really, what was he a -850 favorite? So he won a fight convincingly, that he was supposed to win convincingly.

Jones is a completely different animal than no TRT, 40 years old Hendo.

I like DC and Jones, I think it will be a great fight, but just because DC dismantled TRt' less Hendo doesn't mean he can beat one of the best fighters in the World today. Sure I think he can beat Jones, but it has nothing to do with how he handled Hendo. Hopefully we'll see how Dc handles Jones' length, speed and unpredictable striking. Could be a good one.

I don't think Hendo is THAT washed up, its really only the Vitor fight recently where he hasn't been competitive with top names and that was over very quickly. Hendo isn't at the stage where I really fear for his long term health like say Nog.

As far as TRT goes my guess is that it'll take awhile before we start to see its effects on someone like Hendo losing muscle mass and having more injury problems.

Well most of the guys Jones fights aren't 50 but yeah they are all old mws mostly. Pretty impressive

What??? If this is sarcasm, I'm sorry I didn't catch on.

Glover, Gus, Rashad, Shogun, Rampage, Bonnar, Machida, Bader, O'Brien and Vera were neither old, nor were they MW's.

Matyushenko was not a MW either but he was up there. If not 40, then right on the cusp of it.

Belfort has spent the majority of his career above MW...the vast majority. 35 wasn't necessarily old, but I wouldn't argue your point there.

Sonnen is really the only one who can closely fit the "old" MW bill. Sonnen too spent a portion of his career at LHW, but not the majority. He too was 35 when he fought Jones (I think).

DC looked great but Jones is a freak

To start off, it's impossible to say who is better between Cormier and Jones. Setting a ridiculous technicality aside, neither has lost. You can't say for sure that any style is the perfect style to beat a man who has never been beaten.

Both face a unique skillset. Jones has never faced (and probably won't ever face) a wrestler who is on Cormier's level. Cormier is a world class wrestler who has adopted seamlessly to MMA, PLUS he trains with Cain V., who's probably the other best MMA wrestler in the world. Gustaffson showed us that outwrestling Jones is not an impossible task.

On the other hand, Cormier is used to beating large, powerful opponents with speed. Jones is like bottled lightning. When you factor in the crazy reach and creative striking techniques, it's very possible that Cormier will be getting hit from everywhere faster than he can react.

Right now, I'm 50/50 on this fight. Anybody calling it an easy win for either guy is insane.

Lol sorry but Jones looks amazing in his fights

Dc is a blanket

As good as Jon is, cementing a legacy with wins over guys with HUGE reach disadvantages is not as impressive as a small guy being able to easily throw around men bigger than him, like Mir, Big Foot and Barnett.

Jon displays the ability of using his size advantage very well, but DC displays pure, flawless and brutal technique. And i repeat: TECHNIQUE! He doesn

To start off, it's impossible to say who is better between Cormier and Jones. Setting a ridiculous technicality aside, neither has lost. You can't say for sure that any style is the perfect style to beat a man who has never been beaten.

Both face a unique skillset. Jones has never faced (and probably won't ever face) a wrestler who is on Cormier's level. Cormier is a world class wrestler who has adopted seamlessly to MMA, PLUS he trains with Cain V., who's probably the other best MMA wrestler in the world. Gustaffson showed us that outwrestling Jones is not an impossible task.

On the other hand, Cormier is used to beating large, powerful opponents with speed. Jones is like bottled lightning. When you factor in the crazy reach and creative striking techniques, it's very possible that Cormier will be getting hit from everywhere faster than he can react.

Right now, I'm 50/50 on this fight. Anybody calling it an easy win for either guy is insane.

this guy knows unlike TS.

TC beaten big slow HW that aren't even on Jones caliber of skills and fight IQ.

I am sure Jones is going to beat DC by decision with skills and pick him aparts with strikes and elbows.

TS then "DC too short, and JOnes have 12 inches reach advantage, not fair." since TS said all Jones opponents are smaller than him and so that mean DC is the smallest opponent for Jones since DC only stand at 5'10" and 72" reach.
Even Reshad was taller and have longer reach than DC.
when Reshad was on TUF he was actually a HW.

Back