DC almost came out of retirement because of Jan Blachowicz

I don’t get why people are bringing up Bones in this. Bones would merk Jan as well, Jan is no where near the caliber of fighter as Bones.

DC fought rumble johnson 2x, took his best punches too. Jon Jones never really asked for that fight, wonder why?
I guess you missed the build up to their fight before Jon got suspended, wonder why? Oh Yes thats right you are a noob and a casual.

“I’ve got to be honest. When Jan Blachowicz was like ‘hey, you want to disrespect me, get off the couch and come fight me.’ And I think to myself maybe I’ll go fight Jan Blachowicz,” Cormier told MMA Fighting on Thursday. “I’ll go fight him and get this done and then I can walk away.

“That lasted about 15 minutes and then I completely understood that I was completely done.”

According to Cormier, the competitive fire that burned inside him while he was wrestling and then fighting will never truly be extinguished but every athlete has to know when to walk away.

After hearing Blachowicz throw out that challenge, Cormier immediately started thinking about the possibility that perhaps he could fight again.

“Obviously every great fighter feels they can win,” Cormier explained. “I was like ‘maybe I’ll go fight Jan Blachowicz’ cause there seems to be a path for that. When I left 205, I just kind of left. I vacated the title and now that this new champion is there with not that many big name fights on the horizon.

“Now he does now that he has Izzy (Israel Adesanya) but at the time he didn’t. It was either going to be Glover Teixeira or Thiago Santos. Well, if you’re looking at a Jan vs. Glover or Thiago, that’s a great fight but if you’re looking at a Jan Blachowicz vs. DC, that’s a bigger fight. It’s like oh my goodness this could be an opportunity.”

After making promises to his family along with a huge number of new job opportunities presented to him following the end of his fighting career, Cormier opted to remain retired.

“I thought about that for like 15 minutes and then I was like you know what? I’m good,” Cormier said with a laugh. “The thought of going down to 205 [pounds] and all this other stuff. Yeah, I think I’m fine. That was it.”

Outside of that small hiccup, Cormier is completely satisfied in retirement and it turns out his day-to-day life hasn’t changed all that much.

“The transition’s been fun and honestly it’s not that different,” Cormier said. “I feel like for the last few years, I’ve been kind of prepping for this life. Because I fought three times in 2018 but then I fought once in [2019] and then I fought once this year. So the reality was I wasn’t the most active guy anymore, right? So the vast majority of the year, I would go in the gym, spar and workout some but then I was doing mostly television things in the off time.

“Now, it’s just not as much in the gym sparring and doing all those things. The workouts are at home in the garage. You jump on the treadmill, maybe the sauna and you’re good. You don’t have to get punched in the head anymore. So I feel like I’ve almost been preparing myself for this life for a couple of years.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Translation: There is no way my fat ass is ever making 205 again.

I guess you missed the build up to their fight before Jon got suspended, wonder why? Oh Yes thats right you are a noob and a casual.
he avoids his name as he does ngannou. nice start date you got there, says an awful lot

he avoids his name as he does ngannou. nice start date you got there, says an awful lot
He was signed to fight Johnson one time directly after his fight against Cormier. He never once avoided Anthony Johnson. Nice deflection as well as your lack of knowledge of the history of MMA it tells a lot CASUAL.

Who cares??? Cormier got his ass WHHHOOOOPED TWICE by Jones.

WMgO8jl.jpg
Turinabol, hydroxy-clomiphene, Letrozole, DHMCT metabolites, and cocaine. The dude's popped for as many if not more steroids than Uncle Chael and Wanderlei Silva but okay. I'm guessing objectiveness isn't your forte? There's more to respect of the man who cries after a loss, then the man who cries after being caught red-handed. You identify with hypocrites, druggies, cheats, and criminals.
24-5.jpg

He was signed to fight Johnson one time directly after his fight against Cormier. He never once avoided Anthony Johnson. Nice deflection as well as your lack of knowledge of the history of MMA it tells a lot CASUAL.

Reyes Lost
White Belt

Nice name

Turinabol, hydroxy-clomiphene, Letrozole, DHMCT metabolites, and cocaine. The dude's popped for as many if not more steroids than Uncle Chael and Wanderlei Silva but okay. I'm guessing objectiveness isn't your forte?
24-5.jpg
And I bet you googled "Jon Jones vs Anthony Johnson" after I informed you, found what I was talking about and felt like a complete dumb ass and could only respond with "he avoids his name" lol funny avoiding the name of someone you were about to beat before getting stripped of a ufc title.

And I bet you googled "Jon Jones vs Anthony Johnson" after I informed you, found what I was talking about and felt like a complete dumb ass and could only respond with "he avoids his name" lol funny avoiding the name of someone you were about to beat before getting stripped of a ufc title.
nope, I saw that face off the day it was posted. Ive missed maybe 5 fights since cain vs dos santos 2

Is that a non man's way of admitting he is a new commer who comments on topics he knows nothing at all about?
why'd he pop for steroids if he wasn't as scared of DC or johnson like you claim? care to speak for jon?

nope, I saw that face off the day it was posted. Ive missed maybe 5 fights since cain vs dos santos 2
You're postering now, you obviously didn't know he signed to fight Johnson otherwise you wouldn't make such silly comments as to him not asking for a fight or avoiding the name of someone he's openly talked about numerous times and has signed to fight.

You're postering now, you obviously didn't know he signed to fight Johnson otherwise you wouldn't make such silly comments as to him not asking for a fight or avoiding the name of someone he's openly talked about numerous times and has signed to fight.
how could anyone miss it , it was right after he fought DC then he crashed his car and hitting that pregnant lady giving her a broken arm and now we're here arguing. Quote me where I say that he never signed to fight rumble, lmao

why'd he pop for steroids if he wasn't as scared of DC or johnson like you claim? care to speak for jon?
Lol I think youre really asking me to think for you not to speak for Jon. He took what he took if he infact intentionally took them to get an advantage just like most pro athletes, so I guess Roy Jones was afraid of the fighter he tested postive for and Tysoj Fury was afraid of a second fight with Wlad LMFAO. If Jon was actually scared if any of the fighters you mentioned he wouldn't sign to fight them, period LMFAO.

how could anyone miss it , it was right after he fought DC then he crashed his car and hitting that pregnant lady giving her a broken arm and now we're here arguing. Quote me where I say that he never signed to fight rumble, lmao
You didn't see it because you weren't a fan, thats why you assumed he never signed to fight rumble and assumed he was "avoiding his name" lol you are new as well as a casual who has no business talking about fighters avoiding other fivhters, you clearly don't know who has fought who and who have been scheduled to fight

Lol I think yourr really asking me to think for you not to speak for Jon. He took what he took if he infact intentionally took them to get an advantage just like most pro athletes, so I guess Roy Jones was afraid of the fighter he tested postive for and Tysoj Fury was afraid of a second fight with Wlad LMFAO. If Jon was actually scared if any of the fighters you mentioned he wouldn't sign to fight them, period LMFAO.
How long have you've been watching combat sports? Do you really think a fighter comes into a fight without an ounce of fear?

You didn't see it because you weren't a fan, thats why you assumed he never signed to fight rumble and assumed he was "avoiding his name" lol you are new as well as a casual who has no business talking about fighters avoiding other fivhters, you clearly don't know who has fought who and who have been scheduled to fight
literally never said that, you can't even quote me. you're just doing your little damage control thing people like you do on ig comments and youtube

How long have you've been watching combat sports? Do you really think a fighter comes into a fight without an ounce of fear?
How can you know whats going on in a fighters head? Some might just and don't try to change the subject you said Jon is afraid of those two men, not that he is anxious before a big fight lmfao, fact still remains Jon Jones postive tests arent indicative of anything accept for the possibility that he might have used them with the intention of getting an advantage as most pro athletes who use steroids do. Fear is just some comforting little belief you put in your own head because you are a delusional hater.

Back