DC almost came out of retirement because of Jan Blachowicz

Can DC even make 205 anymore?

full

Cormier sounds very sensible here. There will always be the urge to step up again when challenged but he understands why he shouldn’t now.

Very logical reasoning. I wish more fighters could think this way.[/QUOTE

the call out involves a guy who has the belt which would be the easiest fight Cormier has had in many years.
So he could go out as a champ.

DC at 205 is about as likely as Conor going back to FW, or Nunes going to 125 to challenge Valentina.

Prime DC(Jones vs DC1, Rumble Fights) probably grinds him to dust but the DC we saw last time vs stipe gets killed. Guy is out of shape, just stands there trading leather and gasses out after 3 weak TD attempts.

Jan finishes any version of Cormier

DC is weak to the body and Jan's body kicks are the best in the sport

Plus Jan's takedown defense has improved tremendously and is now legitimately elite.
If Cormier is championship level fighter, Jan is like top 10. Great fighter but has no chance against DC, any version.

I like how DC is considered among the greatest fighters to ever do it, at least at lhw and hw and yet many decide to label him as shit. How can someone thats only lost to the goat lhw and potential goat hw be shit. There’s a middle ground clearly lost on most. Btw DC is the best ever clean lhw.

Jan finishes any version of Cormier

DC is weak to the body and Jan's body kicks are the best in the sport

Plus Jan's takedown defense has improved tremendously and is now legitimately elite.
Jan will never be the type of kick AS will be when hes a senior citizen, and he couldn't drop DC with a body kick

JJ was scared and acknowledged that HW DC is a lot different the LHW DC but ok
Not much of an advantage for DC when DC weighed in at like 230 in both their fights and turns out, the weight advantage that DC had over Jones (by like what, 10lbs at max) hardly mattered in that fight.

Plus DC at HW gasses quicker since he's not as in shape and is arguably slower because the extra weight that he carried from moving up to HW is mostly fat and not partly muscle like during his days in Strikeforce.

Not much of an advantage for DC when DC weighed in at like 230 in both their fights and turns out, the weight advantage that DC had over Jones (by like what, 10lbs at max) hardly mattered in that fight.

Plus DC at HW gasses quicker since he's not as in shape and is arguably slower because the extra weight that he carried from moving up to HW is mostly fat and not partly muscle like during his days in Strikeforce.
This was right after he KO'd Stipe and Jon still wouldn't dip his toes in the HW division physically. He just liked to beat around the bush until DC already was gone, Stipe had several wars, and he never speaks of Ngannou.

DC senses an easy fight, easy payday. Then realizes he'd have to cut to 205 and is like ...Nah.

Last edited:
The UFC didn't expect Jan to win that's why they don't know what to do with him.. I think the brass completely believed Reyes would win (and I did too).

"What? What? Let me serve this fool!"

*15 minutes later*

"Let me serve myself some more of this sausage and biscuits. Fuck Jan."

Love DC, for the most part. He is right that it would not be worth it to shut up Jan.

Back