DC almost came out of retirement because of Jan Blachowicz

Fan a DC but prolly the best choice at this point...

"I'm good dawg"

Did you even read or listen to the whole thing? Basically says he ain't doing it.

This is what it looks like when someone has only read the thread title.
The entire interview is quoted. 15 minutes of thinking about it is 15 minutes too long imo. Luckily the thought of the treadmill forced that idea out of his head. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I can't stand DC. He has been deserving at times and undeserving at other times as well. But just knowing that you can retire and immediately sign yourself up for a title shot is something I can't get behind. Bouncing between LHW and HW when it's in his best interest to do so, being given every opportunity in the world as he does so. No thanks.

I would say that I'm not sure how he even justifies it to himself, but then again, this is the same guy who wanted Stipe to go and fight someone else to "earn" a rematch while declaring that Brock Lesnar was going to be his first title defense. Plenty of people think about shit for 15 minutes and decide against it. But they aren't attention-seekers, so we don't get to discuss it. Sorry my initial comment hurt your feelings.

Even if DC wanted to, there is no way that he'll get in shape for another fight at HW, not to mention LHW where he'd need to cut like what, 50lbs?

But his style of fighting mixing wrestling/takedowns with speed aggressive dirty boxing is something than Jan definitely needs since Jan is going to literally f all in that Izzy match unless he clinches or takes him down to the ground.

DC is well past his prime but DC would still run right through Glover, Santos, Jan, and even Izzy.

Jan finishes any version of Cormier

DC is weak to the body and Jan's body kicks are the best in the sport

Plus Jan's takedown defense has improved tremendously and is now legitimately elite.
OMFG... this delusional hype train is getting out of hand...
Hope the damn MW with the loose titty KOs him already.

The saddest part is that a guy coming off 2 straight losses in a different weight class can walk right into a title shot without even thinking for a moment that there's a chance he wouldn't be entitled to that opportunity, and he's right.

I truthfully just want DC to shut the fuck up and go away. He's annoying and overrated.
Annoying, sure, that's your subjective opinion. But how is he overrated? I was never particularly a fan, but his record is stellar. There were *years* where I was waiting for him to get "exposed". . . as it turned out only time really wore on him, very few of his opponents did.

Jan might be one of the most overrated fighters in UFC history, and certainly a candidate for most undeserving champion.

The only reason he holds the belt right now is because scheduling made Santos/Reyes impossible.

I think Jan loses to most of the top 10 LHW's right now
You are a perfect example of a complete dumbass.

The entire interview is quoted. 15 minutes of thinking about it is 15 minutes too long imo. Luckily the thought of the treadmill forced that idea out of his head. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I can't stand DC. He has been deserving at times and undeserving at other times as well. But just knowing that you can retire and immediately sign yourself up for a title shot is something I can't get behind. Bouncing between LHW and HW when it's in his best interest to do so, being given every opportunity in the world as he does so. No thanks.

I would say that I'm not sure how he even justifies it to himself, but then again, this is the same guy who wanted Stipe to go and fight someone else to "earn" a rematch while declaring that Brock Lesnar was going to be his first title defense. Plenty of people think about shit for 15 minutes and decide against it. But they aren't attention-seekers, so we don't get to discuss it. Sorry my initial comment hurt your feelings.
You are forgiven. l@nd0

Weak ass shit DC fuck outta here,he knows Juice Daddy Jones would spank dat ass again thats why he even claimed "1 n done" smh

DC would wipe out Jan but at what weight class? No fucking way he could ever make 205 again.

Sorry my initial comment hurt your feelings.
It didn't, but it was obvious that you replied based purely off the headline.

And the thing is, I'm not a fan of Cormier (for much of the same reasons you elaborated on, in addition to his eye pokes in the Miocic fights), but Cormier's interview here was more of a self-reaffirmation on why retirement was the correct choice for himself more than anything else.

I don't think he ever had those thoughts about Ngannou

Back