DAZN is offering Canelo half of his 35 mil guaranteed for his next fight

Those people know they are worth more than 22% of what Canelo is making, as he’s getting that money based on partly of who he is fighting

Want someone you can get DAZN to pay more than $35 million for? Offer Ward something he can’t refuse
Are they though? What are they worth? Especially with no live gate.

Yeah, I'm torn on this tbh.... on the one hand I DO want to see Canelo fight, but on the other hand, I completely understand that DAZN can not financially afford to offer him fights at the current rate with zero live gate.

I hope they can work it out, 'cause having Canelo sit out for another year while we wait for the world to normalize is definitely NOT ideal.

Are they though? What are they worth? Especially with no live gate.
What is Canelo worth with without an approved opponent? Looks like $0

live gate would go like 90/10 to Goldenboy anyways

Well CLENelo needs to stop fighting cans or past their prime fighters.

What is Canelo worth with without an approved opponent? Looks like $0

live gate would go like 90/10 to Goldenboy anyways
Why can none of you who claim they were lowballed come up with a figure that is appropriate?

Why can none of you who claim they were lowballed come up with a figure that is appropriate?
wait, I haven't been following closely this year, multiple potential Canelo opponents turned down 8 million? I can't believe any of the names being mentioned would be offered more than 3.5-4.5 Mil tops let alone 8, GGG only name who'd be worth 8 in his tired shape, but wow.

70/30, especially when they both are undefeated when Canelo isn’t

BJS warned us of this debacle months ago, warned the other guys too, as can be seen here.

_89016005_asbna_billyjosaundersatcourt3.jpg

"Yeah, it's BJ. I don't want any of them. Tell them no. Jacobs, Canelo, the lot of them. See if Amir Khan wants a go. Right. Call me back."

wait, I haven't been following closely this year, multiple potential Canelo opponents turned down 8 million? I can't believe any of the names being mentioned would be offered more than 3.5-4.5 Mil tops let alone 8, GGG only name who'd be worth 8 in his tired shape, but wow.
BJS and Smith both turned down the same offers. Believe last year the offers were around 5 million, and have recently been bumped to 8.
70/30, especially when they both are undefeated when Canelo isn’t
Theyre sure as shit are not worth 11 million, but I would be happy for them to get it if we got to see the fights. Canelo isnt worth his 35 either though right now. Without live gates the revenue just isnt there. We all know Saunders is full of shit either way. First it was the money, then 4 months wasnt enough time to get ready (gee I wonder why) now hell “fight for free” if he has enough time to prepare.

Lastly, undefeated means very little when you havent fought anyone.

Last edited:
Has Andrade been made an offer? Wouldn't mind that.
Dazn is stupidly matching up Andrade vs Liam Williams and Danny Jacobs vs Rosado in November.

Dazn is stupidly matching up Andrade vs Liam Williams and Danny Jacobs vs Rosado in November.
Yeah its just like Ruiz and Ortiz being on same card....
Not understanding a need to build these fights. Wish they would just jump right into them.
Cock tease cards....

Both of those are pointless fights, but after so many of these sorts of matchups I have to think that this is all Andrade wants of his career.

Both of those are pointless fights, but after so many of these sorts of matchups I have to think that this is all Andrade wants of his career.
No way. This has to be Canelos fault also.

Fights would be done by now......and yeah he does like the easy option only this time with fury his judgement was way off

Lol coming from a Joshua fan that’s funny. Eddie and AJ clearly fucked up. They had a massive fight with wilder and blew it

Pretty TUF situation all around. I doubt that anyone has been predicting that DAZN will be viable long term, and you throw COVID into the mix and you have a recipe for disaster. I can kind of see why Canelo won’t budge though. If history has taught us anything about boxing, it’s that there will always be another promoter willing to pay insane amounts of money no matter how poor their prospects are of turning a profit.

Could well be a reasonable ploy just to get out of his contract since he’s taking not being fulfilled and keep his earning levels the same or higher.

People keep ignoring that two of the best opponents available have said no to 8 million to fight Canelo. Golovkin has a fight lined up. Those two are in works for fight a third time in 2021.

Where are all the people who claimed Canelo would duck Smith? Or that BJS would give him a hard fight? Its mind boggling to put all the blame on Canelo.

The guys resume is widely better than anyone. Its not even close.
Fact smith and bjs are turning down that sort of money right now is crazy.....can’t see what they are thinking if it’s genuine

A fighter thinks himself the best but isnt, so you have to bad mouth him and say things that are patently false anytime you talk about him?

Wilder showed up for Povetkin who couldnt pass a piss test. Hell fight wherever the money is.

Anyway Im not trying to hound on you. I think you have legitimate points about Wilder and agree with several of them. You just seem to have an agenda towards him.
Well hopefully he looses the rematch and then disappears. I do blame him for holding up the division and again seems like he is the one delaying the third fight. I want the top fighters to fight each other and I blame him and his management for that more than others based on fights he took

Except in reality he was the undefeated lineal champ. Who is now the concensus #1 heavyweight.
It only seemed like a bogus fight to you because you have something personal against Wilder.
Again how is it a real offer if Dazn isn't even making good on the Canelo deal. Lmao.
You keep dealing in fantasy land.
Find me one person other than frank warren who thought fury was the no1 heavyweight when wilder agreed to that fight.....your trying to rewrite history with the benefit of hindsight

Back