DAZN is offering Canelo half of his 35 mil guaranteed for his next fight

So Canelo won’t be fighting for a long time I guess.

Canelo could bring in the money if they get the right name. The opponents I’ve seen rumored so far are just ridiculous though. Do GGG 3 that’ll bring in the money
I think that ship has sailed. GGG looked so shopworn the last time out I can’t see too many people outside of hardcore boxing fans being interested in the trilogy. By all means make the fight, but don’t expect much of a fan reaction.

I’m really not sure there are any premier opponents out there for him at the moment. There might not be any in the foreseeable future either. Maybe the thing to do is get him fighting more regularly against the decent guys they do have access too: BJS, Smith, Bivol, Andrade. I’m still shocked none of these fights have been made.

They should get Canelo $70M and credit for two bouts off his contract if he takes on Artur. Fat chance, though. No chance Oscar would allow that.

As the above post mentions, why in the hell haven't we seen him against BJS, Smith, Bivol or Andrade? Or one of them next at least?
<BC1>

Kind of weird for DAZN to say they won't approve a fight against a tune up opponent and then later say they're going to cut his purse in half.

Kind of weird for DAZN to say they won't approve a fight against a tune up opponent and then later say they're going to cut his purse in half.
And apparently they’re talking about halving his purse for a potential fight against Smith, which is actually kind of a risky fight.

Well Canelo thought he could just fight whoever the fuck he wanted and still get that DAZN money. Looks like DAZN aren't the mugs he thought they were. Good. I normally side with the fighters but when they treat the broadcasters and by extension the fans like they don't matter then they should be held to account. There's no free money in this game.

Isnt Canelo aware of what is happening around the world? Idiot!

That’s going to be a hard pill to swallow for boxing’s #1 star, and gbp cant intervene or have a say? Sure dazn fucked up but its gbp who is the promoter.

Well Canelo thought he could just fight whoever the fuck he wanted and still get that DAZN money. Looks like DAZN aren't the mugs he thought they were. Good. I normally side with the fighters but when they treat the broadcasters and by extension the fans like they don't matter then they should be held to account. There's no free money in this game.
To his credit, they tried to get two quality opponents who are both ducking him.

On the other hand, BJS and Smith arent the only good opponents available.

To his credit, they tried to get two quality opponents who are both ducking him.

On the other hand, BJS and Smith arent the only good opponents available.
Only of its Bivol at 175 but you and I both know Canelo won’t fight him at 175, but instead make him come to 168 which would be a bitch move in my book because he bravely fought Kovalev at 175 so he shouldnt have a problem doing the same for Biv.

Only of its Bivol at 175 but you and I both know Canelo won’t fight him at 175, but instead make him come to 168 which would be a bitch move in my book because he bravely fought Kovalev at 175 so he shouldnt have a problem doing the same for Biv.
I always hear about all these things Canelo will never do, yet he keeps doing them.

Same people who complain about Canelo not fighting everyone in higher weight classes are the same people who defended Golovkins right not to move up. Hilarious double standards get thrown about.

It would be kind of pathetic not to see the best boxer around fight in a whole year because he turned down a 17.5 million purse.

I really wish we could see more of him soon.

They should get Canelo $70M and credit for two bouts off his contract if he takes on Artur. Fat chance, though. No chance Oscar would allow that.

As the above post mentions, why in the hell haven't we seen him against BJS, Smith, Bivol or Andrade? Or one of them next at least?
<BC1>
BJS doesn't want any part of Canelo or anybody else ranked higher for that matter

Ok enough already, the cash cow has been milked. He’s turning 31 soon and hasnt fought in a year, time to give him real title fights at smw. Where is smith at since saunders Is too busy playing with crackheads on the street

We may have it backwards

The reason canelo wanted nobodies because DaZn had already told him he was getting half money.

Canelo last 5 fights include GGG, GGG, Jacobs, Kovalev

He doesn't look like someone looking for easy fights.

DaZN reneging on deals!! Looks like pacquaio, Fury, wilder and everyone else that turned down deals with them are laughing, they have chosen the right paths

Back