DAZN is offering Canelo half of his 35 mil guaranteed for his next fight

Canelo didn’t have a contract with DAZN it seems only GPB and they have messed him up. He should really have looked at the contract between DAZN and GBP before he signed

You say "messed him up," but I think overall GBP did more good than harm for Saul.

streaming services haven’t necessarily suffered in the pandemic, at least not as much as other industries.
From one point yes, still so much tournaments and events had been cancelled.

On the slip side, venue is cheaper. The cost to rent out Madison Square Garden on a prime night runs $500k to a million
Yes this is truth.
Still there if 1m for venue and if it is possible to sell 19000 tickets for price more than 100 bucks each plus these VIP places it doesn't looks bad at all.
/ OK, if not for U.S, large public event usually allows to cover rent for venue and these undercards, might get money to start advertise events, other expenses fully or paritally to cover, ofc top cats payment lion share comes from broadcasting but still it is nice support: live gates. /

I do not have exp with U.S events financing but if from calculations.
If I as an event's promoter might get 500k or more from live gates after rent etc for arena had been paid out, I gladly agreed to pay 1m for arena rent.
Life is life. 1,5 m - 1m = 0,5m etc and this is simple math.

Yeah, I of course agree that small studios suitable for broadcasting is cheaper to rent ant this is nice during this covid era.
If without covid era, live gates are preferable to have too. then : more attendees and better income from live event = better.

Boxe does have long history with large events and initially live gates income was all, later broadcasting added. Unlike in MMA. Live gate is boxing heritage fundament.
It is not easy to break 100+ years historical habits and fundament.

Oh okay. Gotcha. DAZN certainly chatting the bed, too on that didn't get the one fight they really wanted from Canelo and GGG.
Canelo and Golovkin have already agreed to fight early 2021. (Cinco de Mayo weekend if I had to guess).

This is of course assuming Golovkin/Canelo win their next outings.

Oh okay. Gotcha. DAZN certainly chatting the bed, too on that didn't get the one fight they really wanted from Canelo and GGG.
They could still get that fight though fact they managed to get out of having to pay canelo a fortune to fight lesser opponents is good for them

Canelo and Golovkin have already agreed to fight early 2021. (Cinco de Mayo weekend if I had to guess).

This is of course assuming Golovkin/Canelo win their next outings.

Thanks. Wasn't sure about how firm that was.

We all know how that will go with 4 years separating them from their 1st fight and 3 from their second, but I know I will watch it lol

Thanks. Wasn't sure about how firm that was.

We all know how that will go with 4 years separating them from their 1st fight and 3 from their second, but I know I will watch it lol
Need GGG to look ok in the 18dec fight first

and people talk about UFC's fighter pay lmao

boxing against shitting the bed

Back