DAZN is offering Canelo half of his 35 mil guaranteed for his next fight

There’s still time to do a mid-November fight if they can all get their shit together.

Canelo's lawsuit was dismissed. Gonna have to fight.
lol what? It was dismissed with leave to amend the claim to properly plead the jurisdiction of the defendants. It's a pure technicality relating to the proper forum/jurisdiction for the lawsuit to be heard.

lol what? It was dismissed with leave to amend the claim to properly plead the jurisdiction of the defendants. It's a pure technicality relating to the proper forum/jurisdiction for the lawsuit to be heard.
At best it shows that his legal team is incompetent and won’t have gone down well with the judge. At worst it shows he has no idea what his contract contains

I dont get people having a problem with Canelo doing a freak show fight but want to see a Hall of Famer P4P best right now smashing somebody they never heard of in a flawless victory.
I rather him sit out than watch that.
To be honest the freak show has almost the same odds and would at least be entertaining in a WWE type way..

You better go to U.K boxing forums and start to brag about your english skills and Wilder.;)
+ about your excellent career too. :)
Why the UK forum? I'm a proud American. Let me guess you consider that "Merica" like you do Mexico.

I dont get people having a problem with Canelo doing a freak show fight but want to see a Hall of Famer P4P best right now smashing somebody they never heard of in a flawless victory.
I rather him sit out than watch that.
To be honest the freak show has almost the same odds and would at least be entertaining in a WWE type way..

Either way it’s a waste of time in what should be his prime. He fights this guy then what... no gates in N. America so he goes to Japan and beats up on Murata in May? A wasted year, cause I don’t see him fighting in Hearns backyard in front of 10 people

Updates. Cant wait for his critics to somehow cry about this.

Regardless of his wider pool of options, the opponent still has to agree terms from a reduced budget. Good luck.

Regardless of his wider pool of options, the opponent still has to agree terms from a reduced budget. Good luck.
Yea, and being that 2 quality opponents already turned down 8 million..... yikes.

This is more in line, but bigger, than GGG's deal, where GGG got equity in DAZN. Canelo's opponent isn't getting less, we are looking at them being happy paying $25M a fight ($20M for Canelo, up $5m for opponent) rather than $40M per fight with $35M to Canelo and up to $5M to opponent. And the Canelo payments per subscriber fight can probably be paid annually rather than per fight, which Canelo could do up to 3 times a year. So, depending on that language of $ per subscriber, we could be looking at DAZN saving $25M-$35M a year on just one athlete, that's huge for them.

Canelo, however, should amend his lawsuit or file a different one that looks to secure his original contract.

I still dont get how top ranked contenders who don't have a name outside their backyard, would be considered under dogs against any of the top 4 or 5 at the weight, and have probably never had a purse for half of that would turn down an 8 million dollar guarantee to fight a hall of farmer and the p4p best right now. Can't put some of that on Canelo.

I still dont get how top ranked contenders who don't have a name outside their backyard, would be considered under dogs against any of the top 4 or 5 at the weight, and have probably never had a purse for half of that would turn down an 8 million dollar guarantee to fight a hall of farmer and the p4p best right now. Can't put some of that on Canelo.
But I was told here that Canelo would duck Smith and Saunders because they are bad matchups!

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Who dreamt up 8m anyway?

So in summary from canelo point of view it’s gone from $35m a fight where he gets final say on opponent to new terms of $20m (Plus upside DAZN performance) a fight and DAZN get to pick them....not sure if he will want to accept that

So in summary from canelo point of view it’s gone from $35m a fight where he gets final say on opponent to new terms of $20m (Plus upside DAZN performance) a fight and DAZN get to pick them....not sure if he will want to accept that
he clearly didn't have final say

Back