Social Dave Chappelle went too far - do these guys have an argument?

I have a real issue with Rotten Tomatoes as an aggregate, well, for a couple years now.

It's not because I disagree but it's mostly when you read the reviews from the like "professional" writers a lot of them come across like people trying to find an axe to grind to get their name out there to be hired on permanently someplace. Not saying it's the case here but more of a general complaint about the site as whole.

Trump is fairly easy to make fun of but that market is already stale and saturated for the most part. I think it's more malicious than genuinely funny personally but a lot of people hate him so it sells.

He is, however, nowhere near the comedy gold mine that modern progressives have become. He is the only thing that holds them together.

If it's such a goldmine where are all the miners?

That just isn't true. You see politics even in fucking marvel movies now for years... and they're making more money than ever before.
It hasn't reached a tipping point. People like me still go. They are scooting towards the edge.

I have a real issue with Rotten Tomatoes as an aggregate, well, for a couple years now.

It's not because I disagree but it's mostly when you read the reviews from the like "professional" writers a lot of them come across like people trying to find an axe to grind to get their name out there to be hired on permanently someplace. Not saying it's the case here but more of a general complaint about the site as whole.

I think there was a general consensus that his last two special were kinda meh and went mostly under the radar.

If there is an axe grinding going on it's with this special and there's also a lot of people looking to promote it for the wrong reason like they just like people using the hard N with the ER.

I think there was a general consensus that his last two special were kinda meh and went mostly under the radar.

If there is an axe grinding going on it's with this special and there's also a lot of people looking to promote it for the wrong reason like they just like people using the hard N with the ER.
I liked his last two specials and this one. I also have pretty generally always enjoyed his sort of stand up the same way I've always enjoyed (minus one of the Bill Burr Netflix specials which felt like all he was doing was yelling) Bill Burr and Louis CK specials.

If it's such a goldmine where are all the miners?

Chapelle for one. More in his arena and most of the rest are your average joes at work or online. I think many in showbiz are too chickenshit to make those types of jokes, though for some it's probably a matter of losing their jobs.

Chapelle for one. More in his arena and most of the rest are your average joes at work or online. I think many in showbiz are too chickenshit to make those types of jokes, though for some it's probably a matter of losing their jobs.

So you have one miner.

Doesn't sound like a goldmine to me.

Are you really suggesting Dave Chapelle is the only person who mocks this insane progressive movement (or at least aspects of it)?

Are you really suggesting Dave Chapelle is as relevant as he used to be?

Weird I'm not sure what the difference is between the two but that one doesn't even have an audience score. Which is a better gauge of what people thought about the special as can be seen from his sticks and stones ratings 33 vs 99.

I'm not sure any of the reviews for the current special are particularly relevant due to the recent frenzy and review bombing going on based off the controversy.

There are a lot of bad faith actors promoting it for the wrong reasons.

"BITCH!!! YOU CLICKED ON MY FACE!"

It was a great special. A few really funny parts and a lot of jokes just to piss off the PC culture people. I'm good with both. Not his funniest special but worth a watch.

Dave Chappelle is one of the top 5 best comedians of all time, and everyone criticizing him and trying to tell him what's funny and what's not should get on their fucking knees and kiss the ring.

Back