Social Dave Chappelle went too far - do these guys have an argument?

not when its produced for sale/profit and there is an overt act involved

the freedom is speech is the right to express views/opinions without censorship or restraint

Someone performing an illegal act w/ a child is not 'expressing ones views'. Talking about it? sure, but not acting on it.....

"We shouldn't censor anything except what I feel we should censor"

Got it.

<LucyBless>

"We shouldn't censor anything except what I feel we should censor"

Got it.

<LucyBless>
uh not even close in fact the exact opposite (comprehension?)
i said nothing should be censored, NOTHING. So there's no 'i feel' playa

Words are words, not actions. Sticks and stones......

Every person who isn't lying, brainwashed, or completely stupid thinks pretty much the same things. If I could go back in time, I would still vote for Obama over McCain and Palin.. Its not even a left right thing; it's a "The media is pumping you with stuff that is garbage, so either you are smart enough to think for yourself and realize it, or you are not."

Look at the meme thread.. Where is the easy comedy right now?

In 2005 it was more on the other side. Things changed.

uh not even close
i said nothing should be censored

Words are words, not actions. Sticks and stones......

I'm not sure if you're aware but the definition of free speech encompasses way more than just the spoken or written word in 2019.

Every person who isn't lying, brainwashed, or completely stupid thinks pretty much the same things. If I could go back in time, I would still vote for Obama over McCain and Palin.. Its not even a left right thing; it's a "The media is pumping you with stuff that is garbage, so either you are smart enough to think for yourself and realize it, or you are not."

Look at the meme thread.. Where is the easy comedy right now?

In 2005 it was more on the other side. Things changed.

Please Trump is the lowest hanging fruit in the existence of modern political comedy.

I'm not sure if you're aware but the definition of free speech encompasses way more than just the spoken or written word in 2019.
It doesn't incorporate actions though

Speech isn't action, period.

It's why we have the Freedoms of Speech AND Assembly. If assembly/protest was included, it wouldn't need to be a separate Freedom...….

His special was excellent! I have read a lot of criticism, whining, and crying by Leftists since it was released.

All those PC assholes can "Have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.“ - Richard Pryor (would not approve of the critique against Chappelle)

Comedy is supposed to challenge what people claim to be "reality and truth". There are giant holes in the whole PC movement, and Dave just drove a semi through it. He also hit Trump supporters, but you don't see people crying about that. What a bunch of PC pussies.

Last edited:
It doesn't incorporate actions though

Speech isn't action, period.

It's why we have the Freedoms of Speech AND Assembly. If assembly/protest was included, it wouldn't need to be a separate Freedom...….

Speech is however you decide to portray your message. It can certainly be an action and you don't even have to write or say anything to spread your message.

Please Trump is the lowest hanging fruit in the existence of modern political comedy.
There's some comedy to be had there, but the seriousness of the derangement regarding him and his not-that-controversial pro America platform (not the wealthy tax breaks he used to win R friends; not hiring Bolton for the same reason when he said he would drain the swamp) sucks the fun out of it.

The joke about 36-year-old pussy was my favorite.

There's some comedy to be had there, but the seriousness of the derangement regarding him and his not-that-controversial pro America platform (not the wealthy tax breaks he used to win R friends; not hiring Bolton for the same reason when he said he would drain the swamp) sucks the fun out of it.

Dude his basic mannerisms and appearance are more than plenty to crack jokes about.

He's a walking gaff.

Rational Poster going to take worst poster in WR for another consecutive year!

Dude his basic mannerisms and appearance are more than plenty to crack jokes about.

He's a walking gaff.

Ehhh.. He's a billionaire in his kid 70s. I think Baldwin has previously nailed it, and I laughed.. But making fun of basic mannerisms only goes so far in comedy.

Look at how hyper Elizabeth Warren has come off at times in these debates. That would be funny once. Bernie has odd mannerisms as easy to roast as trumps, and im.not interested in watching somebody from the right make fun of him for it for very long.

Trump holds up better than you think, although you aren't completely wrong.

1. Chappelle gets to make whatever jokes he wants.

2. Anybody who wants to complain about it gets to

3. If Netflix decides it wants to drop Chappelle because he isn't representing them well, they get to

Everyone has a right to free speech; that doesn't necessarily guarantee there will be no consequences to what someone says.

Last edited:
Chappelle is a Democrat by the way.... He voted for Hillary. They seem to be forgetting that. :confused:

Ehhh.. He's a billionaire in his kid 70s. I think Baldwin has previously nailed it, and I laughed.. But making fun of basic mannerisms only goes so far in comedy.

Look at how hyper Elizabeth Warren has come off at times in these debates. That would be funny once. Bernie has odd mannerisms as easy to roast as trumps, and im.not interested in watching somebody from the right make fun of him for it for very long.

Trump holds up better than you think, although you aren't completely wrong.

Making fun of Trump is very in right now. Probably dozens of shows dedicated to that just now between Netflix and comedy central while comedy routines all over the country are poking fun at him every night.

And it's not just his appearance and mannerisms, almost everything he says can be used for comedy one way or another, and it is.

It's just not very true that there isn't anti-Right comedy right now like you seem to imply originally.

Back