Social Dave Chappelle went too far - do these guys have an argument?

Watched it and laughed my ass off. The school shooting and Louis CK stuff was hilarious

But after watching it I do understand why a VERY few SJWs are triggered.

Who cares what these two queers think

Not his best overall material but i loved his underlining points and how he set up everyone for it. Brilliant.

Do you think these guys have a valid argument? Should Netflix drop Capelle? Making jokes about people who are already getting killed/killing themselves as well as the over use of the N word, the one that ends with "ER"

Made it 2/3 through that. Whew, that was tough. Lol, ok so, these guys base their premises on... mind reading! "I think he just thinks..." I would like to know how they can read Dave Chappelle's mind? And lol at the warm up act saying "laugh at everything" lol!! I was at the Joe Rogan Dave Chappelle live show, I can just imagine Joe saying, "Comon guys, it's Dave's special, laugh at everything ok guys?" lol! As if the whole arena wasn't crying with laughter on their own because they were witnessing the greatest comic EVER at the top of his game! Lol!

Not surprised.

The surprising thing is they're jumping the shark by going after a beloved black comic.

The SJW shtick is already getting old. I just hope it goes away fast enough.

I watched Sticks and Stones for the 3rd time last night... and that shit STILL made me laugh loud enough to wake the neighborhood.

I think Norm MacDonald summed it up perfectly.

Get down on your knees and kiss the ring. Dave Chappelle is a comedic genius.

I finally got around to watching it. It wasn’t his best special, and some jokes were sort of cheap and beneath his usual level of comedy (the Chinese trans bit was a wasted opportunity to make a better joke), but it also had some high points (Smollet bit, his impressions, etc) and overall it was pretty funny.

I am surprised it got as much attention as it did. It wasn’t that offensive, and it wasn’t that great. Just my opinion of course.

I’m glad there are real comedians left who still know what comedy is. It’s not always about pushing the envelope but a big part of comedy is to find humor in the things that make us uncomfortable.

JUSTICE FOR JUICY
"What were you doing? Going for a walk?.... ok, was negative 16 degrees but ok... Subway? SANDWICHES?!"

I have watched that a couple of times now. Friggin hilarious.
That skit is Dave in top form.
The best part for me on rewatching it is the "Subway?... SANDWICHES?!" bit and the "that sounds like something... I WOULD SAY"

How can Netflix give him a platform to talk his bigot ways? I'm shocked and he should be banned.

I finally got around to watching it. It wasn’t his best special, and some jokes were sort of cheap and beneath his usual level of comedy (the Chinese trans bit was a wasted opportunity to make a better joke), but it also had some high points (Smollet bit, his impressions, etc) and overall it was pretty funny.

I am surprised it got as much attention as it did. It wasn’t that offensive, and it wasn’t that great. Just my opinion of course.

As obvious as the joke was, the Chinese impersonation made it work("this is how I feeeel insiiide"...LOL), and his quip about only doing that bit when him and his Asian wife were fighting, just added to it. Sometimes depth isn't needed. Sometimes you just need the right person to articulate the point with sheer presentation, and he nailed it. He's just saying the whole idea of someone being trapped in another body, is funny on it's face and you're allowed to laugh at it. He's tackling the issue that it's not something you're allowed to laugh at(because reasons), when it's obviously something that most would find ridiculous if they were just honest with themselves.

One of the funniest parts of the show. A bit on the nose perhaps, but the whole thing is that it shouldn't be offensive to find it funny, because it undeniably is and you shouldn't be afraid to believe that it's funny or absurd...because it is.

Last edited:
Meh. His special wasn’t anything special. I got about half-way through and turned it off. I have no issue with people making fun of other groups but at least make sure your material is good. In my opinion, the material wasn’t good enough to make me want to keep watching.

As for whether he should be deplatformed for making fun of a group, that is on Netflix to decide. They’re a private company, let them do what they want to do if they feel it will be better for business.
Thank you. I don’t care if he makes fun of the wrong people. I just want him to be 64% funnier.

netflix seem to be caving to the bullshit, promoting his older shows on "Popular on Netflix" instead of sticks & stones. i get that it's tailored to your personal viewing but other shows i've already watched are still up there.

He's a comedian, the best comedian. This special was flat out funny, along with his others.

People do need to lighten up.

netflix seem to be caving to the bullshit, promoting his older shows on "Popular on Netflix" instead of sticks & stones. i get that it's tailored to your personal viewing but other shows i've already watched are still up there.

I don't know how intentional it all is, but the initial lack of promotion was noticeable. I actually had to search for the special when it got released. Usually something like that is front and center on the day of release. Burr's was though, and he had a similarly themed special, so again, I don't know if it was intentional to bury Chappelle's, or just an anomaly.

I have also noticed it not showing up in my recs or even "watch it again", which is also odd.

As obvious as the joke was, the Chinese impersonation made it work("this is how I feeeel insiiide"...LOL), and his quip about only doing that bit when him and his Asian wife were fighting, just added to it. Sometimes depth isn't needed. Sometimes you just need the right person to articulate the point with sheer presentation, and he nailed it. He's just saying the whole idea of someone being trapped in another body, is funny on it's face and you're allowed to laugh at it. He's tackling the issue that it's not something you're allowed to laugh at(because reasons), when it's obviously something that most would find ridiculous if they were just honest with themselves.

One of the funniest parts of the show. A bit on the nose perhaps, but the whole thing is that it shouldn't be offensive to find it funny, because it undeniably is and you shouldn't be afraid to believe that it's funny or absurd...because it is.

Bingo...and this is what so many leftists dont get.

Back