Social Dave Chappelle went too far - do these guys have an argument?

That's his best work?! I've never really paid attention to him but with all the hype I figured I was missing something. Turns out I'm not at all...
It's not his absolute best work but a few lines across this special were priceless. The Macaulay Culkin bit was fucking hilarious You are massively missing something if you haven't checked out anything else from Dave Chappelle.

"Yes... and what were you doing at 2 AM? Walking to Subway you say..... Sandwiches? Alright ok sir..... in the winter in Chicago at 2 AM you were getting a sammich.... ...Check to see if Kanye is in town"
what made the kanye part funny and a smart connection by dave was that smollett mentioned the MAGA hat on the attacker and kanye is a Chicagoan who wore that maga hat.

Pretty soon I think that police in the UK will come arrest you if you laugh during a Dave Chappelle special, and "liberals" in the WR will say "what's the problem?"
baby
giphy.gif

Dave Chappelle's live at the Fillmore is still his best IMO... his bit about the masturbating homeless guy still makes me laugh to this day. Dave is a comedic genius, and everyone complaining about his material (whether because you thinks it's offensive or just mediocre) need to bow down and kiss the ring.

Not even 1 solid or legit argument in that. 100% nonsense.

Not his best work but people calling for this to be banned are idiots.

Do you think these guys have a valid argument? Should Netflix drop Capelle? Making jokes about people who are already getting killed/killing themselves as well as the over use of the N word, the one that ends with "ER"

Millennials are fucking pussies.

Wealthy, privileged, white males bemoaning a dark skinned man speaking publically.

Nothing new.

Well yeah.... if you speak heresies against the SJW dogma. It’s a religion to these people.

Last edited:
Forgive Rational Poster. He had his feels hurt by Dave

Fuck that guy. One surefire way to know you’re on the right side of an issue is if he disagrees with you.

Last edited:
Do you think these guys have a valid argument? Should Netflix drop Capelle? Making jokes about people who are already getting killed/killing themselves as well as the over use of the N word, the one that ends with "ER"

Been a while since I've since Brett Erlich.

I liked the special, I thought it was entertaining pretty much the whole way through it though at the same time none of the jokes made me truly crack up the way I have at some of his other material. While I liked it I do see these guys point, specifically about how it feels like Chapelle's just responding to criticisms of himself. That's not necessarily bad but it doesn't always make for good comedy. I think they were a little sensitive on the LGBTQ bit, which I generally liked, but overall I thought it was a fairly measured critique and John even said he liked it.

I actually thought of @NoDak when Dave was talking about how the LGBTQ are not one movement, just different movements riding in the same car.

Pull the stick out of your ass TS.

Comedians can make jokes about anything and anyone. Their job is to be funny not to coddle whiny bitches like you.

Dave's impact wasnt the show or the jokes. It was the reaction. He knew exactly how people would react. He talked about Kevin Hart being ostracized. Hell his opener straight up insulted the people who judge in the court of public opinion.

This show is legacy material because of the reaction. Next level.

Absolutely no.
Free speech means all speech.
I only don't understand how some people (not you) can have no problem laughing at someone's death but get all fired up when a white guy says "the n word"

I actually thought of @NoDak when Dave was talking about how the LGBTQ are not one movement, just different movements riding in the same car.

It's not even a movement tbh, and I will continue to make this correction so long as people decide to create threads, start conversations, make comments or @NoDak me in them. Because it's the truth. :cool:

Just watched it. The key takeaway was how Jussie Smollet's name was pronounced. "Juicy"? I thought he was joking about that.

Chappelle is a smart dude. This is his weakest special yet, but he has made himself a martyr for free speech.

Very smart dude.
You obviously missed his other Netflix specials propaganda dogshit routines

I don’t generally watch a lot of stand up comics but watched the first 20 or so minutes. It was by far better than most stand up comics I see these days.

I plan to watch the rest soon.

Back