Social Dave Chappelle went too far - do these guys have an argument?

These are the people I look to for comedy reviews. According to them Amy Schumer is very funny, and this wasn't.

Haven't seen this yet but I see no reason why the usual artistic standard should not apply. Comics like him are trying to hit on deep things and make them funny. If he came off ignorant or trite or whatever, all he did was come up short as an artist. Chappelle is still a potential GOAT and the rightful heir to Pryor. Hope he doesn't go too serious.

Haven't seen this yet but I see no reason why the usual artistic standard should not apply. Comics like him are trying to hit on deep things and make them funny. If he came off ignorant or trite or whatever, all he did was come up short as an artist. Chappelle is still a potential GOAT and the rightful heir to Pryor. Hope he doesn't go too serious.
He went hard on PC/cancel culture and basically flipped the bird at the sensitive crowd. And while I'm all for that sort of thing and like a side of social commentary with my comedy I think he's better than that so could leave it to the less talented. It was nowhere near like Burrs Walk Your Way out though and had moments of legit brilliance. YMMV as you're more into standup than me, but that's my takeaway.

Eddie Murphy was the rightful heir to Pryor.

Actually I think if you're being honest conservatives just aren't very funny.

Conservative humor has always been second tier or did you actually like Jeff Foxworthy and the gang?
haha, good call on Jeff Foxworthy. Also, there were the four somethings... he was one of them.

I dont think redneck dumbfuck is equivalent to conservative, though, although it falls under the umbrella.

Gavin McInnes is hilarious. Anyone ignoring him due to politics is missing out.

Eddie Murphy was the rightful heir to Pryor.
Chappelle should have been the heir to Murphy...Eddie quit for the big money. But stylistically and mentally, Chappelle is a far better fit.

I never said he wasn't relevant, he's just not as relevant as he used to be.

Apparently the experts that gauge his relevancy/value, disagree with you. Tell me when Kevin Hart gets a $50 million dollar flat fee for a few pre-recorded sets in his vault, plus one new special.

Pretty soon I think that police in the UK will come arrest you if you laugh during a Dave Chappelle special, and "liberals" in the WR will say "what's the problem?"

They probably turned off the camera and jerked each other off.

Wankers.

And I am someone who said it wasn't all that good of a special in the thread for it in mayberry
It wasn't that good. The 'identifying as Chinese bit' was he best part of the show and with how old those jokes are, says a bit about how overrated this special was.

He's coasting on name value

That was probably his best special, pure comedy. Men in particular are so overly sensitive nowadays.
That's his best work?! I've never really paid attention to him but with all the hype I figured I was missing something. Turns out I'm not at all...

The far left can dish it out but not take it.

It wasn't that good. The 'identifying as Chinese bit' was he best part of the show and with how old those jokes are, says a bit about how overrated this special was.

He's coasting on name value
Wrong. I was crying with laughter. Maybe his comedy isnt for you?

Chappelle is a smart dude. This is his weakest special yet, but he has made himself a martyr for free speech.

Very smart dude.

Do you think these guys have a valid argument? Should Netflix drop Capelle? Making jokes about people who are already getting killed/killing themselves as well as the over use of the N word, the one that ends with "ER"

I watched his special with a 62 year old black woman from GAry the other night.

She laughed more than I did when i first watched it. Also chappelle did the very best cover of Prince’s 1999 in history so fugg off

What bit was that funny? If this was 'Dave Smith' no one would think it was 'crying with laughter' funny

This.

It just wasm't that funny. If I was a douche, I would be clapping and agreeing with him, but even then, I wouldn't be laughing.

One of the hardest things as a true standup fan is recognizing when you are being pandered to, and not being fooled into thinking the material is gold because of it.

Critics were offended by Sasha Cohen Barons show last year even though he made fun of conservatives more than leftists. The show is certified rotten.

One critic said we don't need Sasha's show bcuz we already have Twitter world.
Another said the world has changed and Sasha has not. Thank God he hasn't.

I don't wanna view twitter world for comedy. It's fkn. Miserable

By that logic all the late night talk shows are even more useless.Just reading off Trump tweets every night

I guess they didn't like the left wing character who was meant to be a caricature of how the right view the far left?

Those critics must have never seen his earlier work like Chapelle show or Killing them softly.

Back