Dan's Strength Training Log ANGER IS A GIFT

I sucked so bad at painting my Dark Eldar back in the day...

If you don't mind me asking Gfreak which army are you going to start collecting?

I've been thinking about stripping the paint off my old Imperial Guard army and having another go with them with a new colour scheme...

I bought the Dark vengeance "starter" box that comes with a total of 1500 points of figures, a mini rule book. And the tools (dice and stuff) that you need to get started. It comes with Chaos, and dark angels Space marines.

So I was planning on building a Chaos army built after the Iron Warriors legion, cause well... I like tanks. :D lol

Sunday, DEC 30, 2012

BRO DOWN

OHP:
135# 3x6, 100# 2x10

Lat Pull-Down, medium:
5x10, 135# --E

Log Bench Press:
165x15, 185x12, 205x10, 185x12

Spud Strap Face Pulls:
5x15, 100# --E

EZ Bar Curl:
+50 5x10 + D/S, mega pump --E

Smith Calf Raise:
140# 5x12 --E

--OHP was pretty chill. Little slow down on the last set of 135.

--Was going to do DB flat bench but I saw the log sitting there and figured why not. Pretty fun. Really lit up the ol' tris.

I sucked so bad at painting my Dark Eldar back in the day...

I don't know if they've improved but the first generation of DE models were less than spectacular. They mad deciding on a good color scheme tricky and most people went with a generic black-dominant theme to avoid it.

I don't know if they've improved but the first generation of DE models were less than spectacular. They mad deciding on a good color scheme tricky and most people went with a generic black-dominant theme to avoid it.

They improved a little, but still were rather meh. I just don't get why I didn't go Chaos, it would have been the right thing to do...

j/k. We're all some sort of nerd here. Probably.

Monday, DEC 31, 2012

Squats for Reps

HBBS:
260# 1x8

Wide-Stance GMs:
115x8, 135x8, 135x8 --E

Walking Lunges, barbell:
95# 4x15 --E

50 Rep Set, Squats(lol):
135# x25+15+10 --H

Roll-outs, knees:
BW 3x20

---Overall very easy training tonight. Set of 8 was smooth with a little speed drop off on reps 7 and 8. If I'm feeling good on the next rep day I'll definitely try and push it.

---I sandbagged the GM's just a bit as my low back was a little sore coming into today. Also, wide stance was weird.

---Lunges were easy. No knee pain.

---The fifty rep set was horrendous. I had to take a break and some deep breaths at the intervals noted but the entire set didn't take me too terribly long. My metric for this is that "My name is mud" had started before I did and I was finished before it ended.

Monday, DEC 31, 2012

Squats for Reps

HBBS:
260# 1x8

Wide-Stance GMs:
115x8, 135x8, 135x8 --E

Walking Lunges, barbell:
95# 4x15 --E

50 Rep Set, Squats(lol):
135# x25+15+10 --H

Roll-outs, knees:
BW 3x20

---Overall very easy training tonight. Set of 8 was smooth with a little speed drop off on reps 7 and 8. If I'm feeling good on the next rep day I'll definitely try and push it.

---I sandbagged the GM's just a bit as my low back was a little sore coming into today. Also, wide stance was weird.

---Lunges were easy. No knee pain.

---The fifty rep set was horrendous. I had to take a break and some deep breaths at the intervals noted but the entire set didn't take me too terribly long. My metric for this is that "My name is mud" had started before I did and I was finished before it ended.

That looks like a vile, puke-inducing and yet awesome workout.

Monday, DEC 31, 2012
--The fifty rep set was horrendous. I had to take a break and some deep breaths at the intervals noted but the entire set didn't take me too terribly long. My metric for this is that "My name is mud" had started before I did and I was finished before it ended.

Six foot two and blue as hell, I gotta get him in the ground before he starts to smell.

That looks like a vile, puke-inducing and yet awesome workout.

I think the last rep day in the cycle will be really brutal. The 50-rep set was rugged but hopefully I can make it straight through next time.

Wednesday, JAN 2, 2013

Bench Day, Dynamic

Floor Press:
170#(60%TM) 8x3

2nd, 5th, 8th sets:

Incline DB:
3x15 55/ea, 60/eax2 --E

Band P/D:
Orange x100

Standing DB Press:
40#/ea(lol) 3x15 --E

Band Fly:
Minis, black 3x15

Sit Ups:
+25kg 3x20

--Still getting the feel for floor pressing. Setting up is weird. Felt slow, guess it looks okay.

--Last couple of reps in both the incline and standing DB stuff was somewhat taxing but over all pretty easy stuff.

--Really glad today was a bench day. Loooong day at work. Came in pretty zapped.

The fifty rep set was horrendous. I had to take a break and some deep breaths at the intervals noted but the entire set didn't take me too terribly long.

Hey,

Quit being a fucking bitch and do work.

(I am a master motivator, obviously).

Friday, JAN 4, 2013

Deadlift, Reps

Deadlift:
405x8(Rep PR)

4" Block Deadlift
445 2x3

Pulls:

HBBS, no wraps/belt:
205 3x8

GHR:
BW 2x10 --H

Razor Curls:
BW 2x10 --H

Back Raises, on GHD:
x60

--Pretty pleased with how easy and strong the eight at four-oh-five felt. I'd really like it to be a bit faster though. Came forward a few times as well. Oh on the last rep I dropped it and reset because a callous was tearing. Hooray.
The programmed reps were 6 at 80% of TM but I felt really good so I went for the easy rep PR.

--Work off the block still very weak. Starting to sit back harder and still feel stable though. So that's a step forward.

--Still amazed at how mega weak I am on GHRs and such. I've got to have the weakest hams/glutes of anyone pulling over 500lbs. Or inactive. Either way. Pretty unacceptable.

On a dietary note I've been very loosely attempting carb back loading. A friend gave me a copy of Keifer's book so I figured why not give it a try. Thusfar it's been very easy to accomplish. It's working well with my busy and mobile days. I have a lot of energy and my BW is even running light.

A typical training day, this week, has look like:

Between 12-2pm when possible
-Avacado-or-cocoa roast almonds
-Lean meat, chicken, turkey, whatevs
-1/3lb kale chips, when available

Right after training:
-Large tub of greek yogurt
-1/2lb Ground sirloin burger
-1/3lb kale chips
-2/3lb/3 servings rice macaroni and cheese
-1 pint ben and jerry's ice cream or something similar

Which looks like:
azcgi1.jpg

Its a delicious meal. I've looked forward to it every day this week.

Will keep this up and see what happens with my BW.

Gotta admit that looks quite nice.

Gotta admit that looks quite nice.

It definitely is but in contrast the food isn't nearly as gluttonous on non-training days. I pretty much just eat beef and vegetables all day.

I tried some Ghetto GHRs on Tuesday. I put my knees on a bench an my feet under the safeties on the rack. I pushed my self up on the bottom of the of the movement. I did 3x15 and am still paying for it. My hammies are in knots and I am miserable.

Do you have recovery issues from GHRs?

Back