**Daniel Cormier Has A Man Crush On Dan Henderson** w/ Comier vs Jones poll

A HW jones at 240 would IMO spank Barnett but like you said I don't think that has any relevance on Cormier at LHW fighting Jones.

Are you predicting that Jones will gain 20 pounds by the time this fight happens? I thought he said he weighs about 220. I agree that Jones would beat Barnett, he has the wrestling edge and while Barnett has a great ground game his guard isn't great.

If there was another poll option saying not sure I'd pick that. Also that's cool what Cormier said about Henderson lol.

jones would kick cormier's knees out and keep him at range. jones wins via decision.

Jones' wrestling is good enough to keep the fight on their feet where he would pick Cormier apart from a distance.

Are you predicting that Jones will gain 20 pounds by the time this fight happens? I thought he said he weighs about 220. I agree that Jones would beat Barnett, he has the wrestling edge and while Barnett has a great ground game his guard isn't great.

What I am saying is that a HW jones IMO spanks this barnett and I dont even think it will go down to jones wrestling much. I think jones beats barnett on the feet, I dont think Barnett has anything for jones on the feet.

Jones and Cormier will be LHW's when they fight if that was your question.

My comment was soley on the idea of Barnett and Jones fighting not Cormier and Jones which should be a very different fight and at LHW.

Don't like DC's chances against Bones at 205. Aside from the well documented length issue- I think DC's strength and pace are his main advantages, both of which might be depleted by the cut.

I can't exactly recall where, but I recall DC talking about struggling with weight cuts to the point where he wasn't very effective (I think from his amateur wrestling days)- anyway, I can't really recall the source so this isn't so important but he's a pretty hefty guy and I could see his cardio and strength being depleted by fighting at a lower weight class.

I'd love to see him fight Pat Barry (who he'd kill) just to see a short guy HW battle royale.

Jones has said when he goes up in weight he wants to be 240

delusional nuthuggers everywhere...jones will beat the living shit out of dc unless seagall helps him...alot:redface:

That is cool since I'm a big fan of both guys. They both have the Olympic background but both have a no-nonsense waiting-to-KO style matched with a natural toughness (that might be correlated with that aforementioned experience with the Olympics!)

By the way, Cormier beats Jones with wrestling. Which says a lot considering how amazing JJ's wrestling is. I just think Cormier might be on a crazy level beyond even JJ. Call me a nuthugger but I guess we'll find out.

Jones has said when he goes up in weight he wants to be 240

I am aware of that but he isn't close to 240 yet, the OP made it sound like he could get to 240 very fast when it would take him some time unless he gains more fat than muscle.

What I am saying is that a HW jones IMO spanks this barnett and I dont even think it will go down to jones wrestling much. I think jones beats barnett on the feet, I dont think Barnett has anything for jones on the feet.

Jones and Cormier will be LHW's when they fight if that was your question.

My comment was soley on the idea of Barnett and Jones fighting not Cormier and Jones which should be a very different fight and at LHW.

I agree, Jones would beat him on the feet but it does go down to Jones' wrestling because if he couldn't stop Barnett from taking him down he would lose. Jones has better striking and the wrestling to avoid the ground game.

You made it sound like Jones could get to 240 after his next fight or in a short amount of time but IMO it would take like 6 months or a little longer for him to get to 240 with the same body fat %, unless he currently doesn't lift at all in which case he could gain muscle faster.

However... I see Dan Cormier crushing Dan Henderson.

:D

jbj outstrikes DC. Stays on the outside and has the speed to stuff all DCs TDs.

easy fight for JBJ!

Right now, I'd say Cormier. Just gut feeling. But the result of this night will give us a better indication.

Back