**Daniel Cormier Has A Man Crush On Dan Henderson** w/ Comier vs Jones poll

Did not read.

Not sure who Jone Jones is.

Poll should be Cormier vs Chael. Duh...

At 205 Jones kills him like he does anyone else, but at HW things would get interesting.

cormier gasses jones and gets a tko late in the fight.

Jones would win the standup. It comes down to if Cormier can get it to the ground. Which he can. So Cormier.

If Cormier can take Jones down once, Jones's striking will be nullified because of attempts to defend TD's kind of like JDS's did vs Cain in their 2nd fight.

One problem that I see is that Cormier will be losing weight instead of cutting and that could be a problem due to a size and a weight disadvantage since Jones would probably be 220+ come fight night and Daniel would be 210-ish. Despite that however I still think Cormier would beat Jones since he really seems to be a better wrestler than Jones. And he also lands quicker than Jones in the stand-up and would be even quicker when he's lighter. Ultimately it would come down to how much Jones has improved since the last time he fought, because at the moment I'm slightly leaning towarss Cormier. My vote goes to Cormier, he's just used to fighting bigger guys and I doubt Jones could surprise him in any department.

The fight I'd really like to see first would be Cormier vs Evans.

The fight I'd really like to see first would be Cormier vs Evans.
You might be right..If Cormier is able to take down and handle evans..
then we know Cormier stands a good chance against jones
If Cormier is not able to take down evans then there is no point for this fight

Geordie "Shadow" Munro;78430565 said:
z2EPE.gif

LOL oh man haha

unsee.jpg

Cormier takes it but I'd rather not see him take this fight under 215 pounds comes fight night..

He will need his strength advantage against JBJ

the longer Cormier trains his striking the better chance he has, remember Cormier was an olympian wrestler/athlete while Jones was in highschool

I think Cormier is an amazing fighter and seems like a great dude. I would certainly root for him against Jones. But, with that said, Jones is possibly the most talented fighter in MMA history and I would favor him over everyone in any weight class other than maybe Cain (who I may favor slightly).

As much as I can't stand Jones, this fight is not much different to Jones v Evans to me.

You might be right..If Cormier is able to take down and handle evans..
then we know Cormier stands a good chance against jones
If Cormier is not able to take down evans then there is no point for this fight

Exactly, it would be a great gauge to see just where Cormier fits in at 205. Evans is extremely quick and has a very decent striking game, and obviously the wrestling as well, and puts it all together very well. He was also unable to do anything with Jones other than get his ass kicked. Evans and Cormier are also similar in height, so it would be a very interesting and telling fight.

Back