Daniel Cormier Fires Back At Jones' 'Athlete' Remarks

Daniel Cormier has the same figure as Arthur Jones come to think of it...
Arthur is a 6'3, 300 lb monster with a 5.06 40 time and he's still not A-level. But he earned B+ ranking at least which is more than Cormier and his little brother can say.

The only way to keep it competitve for a true A-level athlete coming into MMA is for them to be really old.
Herschel_Walker_MMA.jpg

50 years old and undefeated.

I'm so tired of all of this A-Level athlete non-sense.

It's a bad joke that's well passed it's expiry date.

Jones' two brothers (both NFL linemen) have made fun of him in numerous interviews, saying he can't play basketball to save his life. Weird that a guy so creative in athletic MMA moves can't manage to dribble or dunk.

As for JJ's lack of calves, I'm not convinced that he'll be dominant at HWT due to big strikers chopping his legs down.

I'll just say that it's one thing to be able to dunk, it's another to be able to fight.

Kevin Randleman can jump very high, but he wasn't that great of a fighter.

Make fun of Jones all you want for being incapable of putting a ball through a hoop, but he can kick the shit out of 99% of men on the face of the planet.

[YT]UwjS5eLQrck[/YT]

Jones not being able to dunk is not because of his lack of athletic ability. It is very hard to jump the way he did off 1 foot with no running start. He didnt gather his step as we say in basketball. Being able to jump and grab the rim at 6'4 without running isnt bad.

Jones not being able to dunk is not because of his lack of athletic ability. It is very hard to jump the way he did off 1 foot with no running start. He didnt gather his step as we say in basketball. Being able to jump and grab the rim at 6'4 without running isnt bad.

hmm actually being a young 20 something "athletic and explosive" 6'4 guy with insane reach, to grab rim without running aint nothing really. Serious, plenty of people I see 5'10 to 6ft (young fellas) can grab rim with a single step and they are not even the "explosive and athletic type" lol (whites and Asians).

I'll just say that it's one thing to be able to dunk, it's another to be able to fight.

Kevin Randleman can jump very high, but he wasn't that great of a fighter.

Make fun of Jones all you want for being incapable of putting a ball through a hoop, but he can kick the shit out of 99% of men on the face of the planet.

Ill just say that its fucking dumb to mock someones athleticism while being lesser athlete yourself. Talking shit about not getting a medal in the olympics while he couldnt even outwrestle Matt Riddle. All the hate Jones gets, he deserves.

hmm actually being a young 20 something "athletic and explosive" 6'4 guy with insane reach, to grab rim without running aint nothing really. Serious, plenty of people I see 5'10 to 6ft (young fellas) can grab rim with a single step and they are not even the "explosive and athletic type" lol (whites and Asians).

But the difference is those guys play basketball. Jones doesnt. If you play ball you would know he isnt even jumping right. He's doesnt even bend his knees much. When u watch basketball players jump, its not just pure natural ability, you gotta jump, practice, work on your calves etc.

If you are trying to imply that jones isnt athletic because he is jumping wrong and isnt even use to jumping, i want you to watch videos of basketball players and football players hitting mitts or the heavy bag, they cant punch for shit. do you remember chris childs vs kobe bryant around 1999? Those punches look like they came from a school yard. Ive seen bum fights who throw better punche, doesnt mean kobe and childs isnt athletic.

But the difference is those guys play basketball. Jones doesnt. If you play ball you would know he isnt even jumping right. He's doesnt even bend his knees much. When u watch basketball players jump, its not just pure natural ability, you gotta jump, practice, work on your calves etc.

If you are trying to imply that jones isnt athletic because he is jumping wrong and isnt even use to jumping, i want you to watch videos of basketball players and football players hitting mitts or the heavy bag, they cant punch for shit. do you remember chris childs vs kobe bryant around 1999? Those punches look like they came from a school yard. Ive seen bum fights who throw better punche, doesnt mean kobe and childs isnt athletic.

Good luck talking to the worst minds America has to offer, you're gonna get your point ignored and he's going to continue to believe something you JUST disproved.

Back