Daniel Cormier Fires Back At Jones' 'Athlete' Remarks

I still think Jones is trolling about not being able to dunk. He's tall, he's long, he can jump high. But whatever. Both guys are athletic in their own ways, despite Jones being a bit more ectomorphic than "ideal" and Cormier being a bit more endomorphic by the same standard.

He has a video of himself trying to dunk and he fails miserably. He basically gets rejected by the rim.

Cain-Velasquez-smile.jpg

LMFAO. Not sure why, but this time it made me laugh harder than ever.

Lmao it seems like DC has been reading the D-level athlete threads on sherdog

I'd be very interested in seeing DC dunk a basketball. He's a big dude, not saying I don't believe he could get that weight off the ground but, no that is what I'm saying.
He says he can grab the rim, he didn't say he can dunk. That's not bad for a guy his height, his age, with stocky limbs. If he were Jones' height and length and age, he'd be dunking with ease. There are a lot of guys his age who used to be able to really fly and now they can barely get off the ground.

He has a video of himself trying to dunk and he fails miserably. He basically gets rejected by the rim.
I think that was part of the troll. I've seen footage of Jones jumping super high. I know how tall and long he is. He's always tried to sell himself as sucking at all other sports besides wrestling and MMA. But even if you suck at basketball, you can still easily dunk when you're his size and have his level of athleticism.

Daniel Cormier has the same figure as Arthur Jones come to think of it...

I'd be very interested in seeing DC dunk a basketball. He's a big dude, not saying I don't believe he could get that weight off the ground but, no that is what I'm saying.

DC didn't say he can dunk, he said he could grab the rim.

Mr Miaygi say
"Basketball no hit back."

I think that was part of the troll. I've seen footage of Jones jumping super high. I know how tall and long he is. He's always tried to sell himself as sucking at all other sports besides wrestling and MMA. But even if you suck at basketball, you can still easily dunk when you're his size and have his level of athleticism.

D-level

Jonny unexplosive, chicken legged C-level athlete will still destroy Chubby manlet D-level athlete Cormier.

Kobe Bryant would wreck both with 2-3 months of training via being an A-level athlete.

Youre a complete idiot. Cormier would wreck any man in the nba or nfl

Ive seen fat 220+ guys dunk before.

Jonny unexplosive, chicken legged C-level athlete will still destroy Chubby manlet D-level athlete Cormier.

Kobe Bryant would wreck both with 2-3 months of training via being an A-level athlete.

Not surprising reading that an F-level intellect would call a 2 time Olympian a D-level athlete and a dude who was junior college wrestling champion with 2 brothers in the NFL a C-level athlete.

It almost takes an effort to be that stupid...except when a person really is.

I saw a documentary on Hakeem Olajuwon. In it, he says that when he first played basketball, a coach or recruiter asked him to dunk. The recruiter used a chair to show him. Initially, Olajuwon couldn't dunk; and he went on to become part of Phi Slama Jama. Jones looks like he's barely ever played basketball. At his height, and with his reach, I'm sure that he could dunk easily with a little practice.

Back