daniel cormier "after SF bout, I want Frank Mir april 20th in San Jose"

I like it a lot.

I'd bet on a Mir knocking Cormier out if it stays standing. It should be interesting to see how Mir handles a wrestler that's not 280 pounds.

Good joke bro. Cormier KOs Frank brutally.

He isn't asking for Mir because he's tailor made for him, he's asking for him because it was a fight that was already in the works against a top 5 or so guy. I have no problem with it. Problem will be a dominant win puts him in line for a title shot he doesn't want.

i could see mir pulling off a sub if (when) it hits the mat. i wouldnt bet on it, but definitely possible.

Cormier is gonna wreck Mir.

Anyone thinking this fight will be competitive is only relying on the fact that anything can happen in MMA.

On paper Cormier is the worst possible matchup for Mir. A fighter Mir cant takedown and is too fast for Mir to handle on the feet.

You think it'll go down like the Carwin fight?

i could see mir pulling off a sub if (when) it hits the mat. i wouldnt bet on it, but definitely possible.

MIRacle sub a la Murr/Lesnar I

Cormier's going to put the beating his been waiting for on Mir whenever they do fight.

Cro Cop got knocked out by Randleman before Mir and Mir is known for his great BJJ, but his wrestling is nowhere near that level and unlike either of those two Cormier is in his prime, so, terrible post.

Cro Cop got knocked out by Randleman before Mir and Mir is known for his great BJJ, but his wrestling is nowhere near that level and unlike either of those two Cormier is in his prime, so, terrible post.

just a fan making a bold prediction...chill out people

but what about Cormier-Jones?

It is nice to see fighters calling out other fighters are on 4/20. Now we know Cormier isn't a pothead.

I really love both Cormier and Mir so I really hope this fight does not happen. I think DC standing would beat up Frank due to his agile and explosive hands. I just don't see Mir surviving against DC. Then again if the Mir that showed up against Kongo shows up, DC is in a whole world of trouble (I am not talking about that Mir due to his huge 265 frame since Mir can be 300 pounds of muscle and still won't take down DC).

If I had to choose who I would WANT to win, it would have to be Mir since DC still has a future if he loses. If Mir loses especially in devestating fashion, Mir should retire. Don't really know what is left for a HOF and legend like him.

lol at thinking Mir would knock out Cro-Cop standing or sub Big Nog to...it's MMA

No one should ever underestimate Mir. The guy can change a fight in the blink of an eye. That being said, I think Mir does not really have much left anymore. I am a big fan of Mir and I just kept hoping for that hailmary he landed on Kongo to land on JDS chin. Unfortunately, it just never happened.

The African American Fedor should be careful what he wishes for. Mir via superior BJJ.

been saying this for a while.

Gil/Bendo
Cormier/Mir
Rockhold/Lombard
Thomson/Miller

I would pay good money to see that.

Another card they could do:

Gil/Bendo
Barnett/Mir
Jacare/Okami
Thomson/Lauzon

Back