daniel cormier "after SF bout, I want Frank Mir april 20th in San Jose"

Cormier should drop to LHW as soon as possible, he could destroy guys

While fans are in love with the idea (brought about because of DC) seeing him in interviews it is clear he doesn't want to move down.

After Cain won he was on Fuel and he clearly wants to be a HW. He doesn't want to cut weight (his words so no one respond he can just lose weight or with a pic).

Either Barnett or Bigfoot would Knock Mir out though. Who really cares if he has more technical stand up.

Mir has NO chin and we'll see that again if he fights Cormier.

Cormier will be at least a 3 to 1 favorite if this fight happens

Just means ill make more money by betting on Mur.

Big foot got knocked out by DC, his chin is gone...right?

Barnett got knocked out by Rizzo, his chin is gone...right?

Sounds like those fights would come down to technique then. Which you already gave to Mir...so..

Makes sense. Mir is a high profile opponent who Cormier has only a miniscule chance of losing to.

While fans are in love with the idea (brought about because of DC) seeing him in interviews it is clear he doesn't want to move down.

After Cain won he was on Fuel and he clearly wants to be a HW. He doesn't want to cut weight (his words so no one respond he can just lose weight or with a pic).

Yeah, Cormier is right where he needs to be at HW. It also isn't safe to assume he will be the same fighter at 205. His situation with Cain is a shame.

I would strongly favor Cormier over Cain if they fought, assuming Dan was interested in winning.

Of course he wants frank horrible stand up and his chin has seen better days. Why not call out someone who is well rounded?

Who is more rounded in the HW division? Werdum or Overeem who already have fights?

Cormier has already beaten BigFoot and Barnett who are well rounded fighters.

been saying this for a while.

Gil/Bendo
Cormier/Mir
Rockhold/Lombard
Thomson/Miller

make it happen

on a side note anyone know if the odds for SF are out yet? interested to see just how big of a favorite DC is as well as Barnett.

who else is available to fight in April?

Nice ass card, Would like to see them throw a womens title eliminator on there as well.

Cormier is gonna wreck Mir.

Anyone thinking this fight will be competitive is only relying on the fact that anything can happen in MMA.

On paper Cormier is the worst possible matchup for Mir. A fighter Mir cant takedown and is too fast for Mir to handle on the feet.

way to fighter bash you idiot! Frank Mir is still a very elite fighter. He is not a museum, where only his past if good. He just recently broke Minotauros arm, knocked out Crocop and decisioned Nelson.

He is pretty legit to me. Not saying he will be the favorite against Cormier, but he can definitily get a win and I would not be surprised.

I really dislike Frank Mir but I have respect for him as a fighter,because he is a great a fighter.

Lmao wow what part of what i said was fighter bashing?? Mir is one of my favorite fighters so your argument just went to shit. I didn't say mir was washed up or in a museum i said his striking isn't the greatest and his chin has seen better days wtf part of that is fighter bashing?? :rolleyes:

He said in a previous interview he wants Mir because they were suppose to fight already. Also he said he knows Mir is a big name and he is not.

Who would you prefer? (real question)

I'd like to see him face travis browne if he is ready. I just want mir back on the wining track since he just got ko'd by jds and i think dc speed will be too much for mir at this point i mean lets be honest big nog was working mir on the feet and mir looked slow for some reason i love mir and don't want him losing by ko again at the moment

I'd like to see him face travis browne if he is ready. I just want mir back on the wining track since he just got ko'd by jds and i think dc speed will be too much for mir at this point i mean lets be honest big nog was working mir on the feet and mir looked slow for some reason i love mir and don't want him losing by ko again at the moment

I see that from a Mir fan perspective but Browne does nothing for DC. DC crushed Bigfoot which is a bigger win than Browne at this point.

DC/ Werdum would interest me or Carwin in a comeback (less so). But Mir is a big name even coming off a Ko. HW is not full of big fights so guy are put back into important fights quick.

way to fighter bash you idiot! Frank Mir is still a very elite fighter. He is not a museum, where only his past if good. He just recently broke Minotauros arm, knocked out Crocop and decisioned Nelson.

He is pretty legit to me. Not saying he will be the favorite against Cormier, but he can definitily get a win and I would not be surprised.

I really dislike Frank Mir but I have respect for him as a fighter,because he is a great a fighter.

At last! I just can't believe all the hate Frank gets around here. He's one of the last HW legend still relevant. Fedor is retired. Nog has been vanquished. Overeem has tested positive. Crocop just beat the dangerous 0-0 Shinichi Suzukawa (0-1 since). Barnett is in limbo. Werdum is still there but is he a legend? He built his name in 2010 for crying out loud!

Let's be honest, Frank Mir is the last one standing form that era. And he's standing tall. Don't tell me his loss against former HW champ Dos Santos is shameful. Mir got there on short notice and got beat, that's part of the job. There is no quit, no defeat in Frank Mir. You have got to knock him out or else he'll keep on coming.

Ask Nog who's the toughest fighter: normal Frank who TKO'd him or Zombie Mir who broke his arm? The answer is, both of them are incredible fighters. Yes, a little past his prime but Mir is the sole non-retired legend still fighting relevant guys.

Sure you're bound to lose in devastating fashion when you fight Dos Santos and Carwin. It's much more risky than fighting Ishii and Rizzo, wouldn't you agree?

This actually can be a not that bad of a match up for Mir if he decides not to trade in the standing and tries to take the fight to the ground, wis winning chances can improve dramatically.

Either Mir by submission / Decision or Cornier by TKO via GnP

I knew it, I knew thats the fight they were gonna make for the main event on that Fox show.

Makes sense, Mir is a name, HW fight, DC is a guy they want to showcase. I like it.

I'm a huge Mir fan but this is a terrible fight for him.

Mir has decent enough stand up but he is much slower than Cormier. He won't be able to get the fight to the ground unless Cormier wants it there, and after seeing what half consious Mir did to Big Nog I doubt anyone will volunteer to go to the ground with him anytime soon.

The only way I see Mir winning is if he drops Cormier with something on the feet and is able to submit him like he did Kongo, or if Cormier hurts Mir and wrecklessly follows him to the ground.

Back