Daniel Cormier: “Jones Won’t Win The HW Title”

I think you misunderstood what was typed.

Champions DONT leave it in the hands of judges, period...

ie. Chuck, Rampage, Rashad, Lyoto, Shogun, Jones, Jan and Glover

Thats not a appraisal of judges, thats a appraisal of REAL champions.
They TAKE the belt
Not really.

You can win the belt without finishing the fight,you can defend the belt without finishing the fight.

What you just said is made up.

Why would Jon take that fight? It's not smart. That doesn't mean he couldn't be convinced. He said that as part of his nice guy act. I don't believe what he's saying or that a third fight would have even been considered. I don't see DC saying he wants to fight Jon at HW either. He says he'll lose, then why not throw his hat in the ring?
Why? To be the HW champion? Duh?
Convinced? What is there to talk about? If he felt he could whup DC at HW there is 0 reason for him not to take it. DC was the champ champ,he dont need to call out anyone. W two belts,they can come to him.

Jon: I wont do it,DC would be too difficult at HW,hed have the advantage.
Jon's Fans: omg he is lying,of course he'd flatten DC easy. He is just too nice,so thats why he wont do it. Thats why he waited till DC retired to move up. The man is a saint.

There is absolutely no intelligent reason for Jones to have crushed DC a 3rd time
Its an idiotic proposal

his detractors just want to create a fantasy narrative "he's afraid"
They said he was afraid of Rashad, Lyoto, Gus, DC even Chael. Its just bizarre at this point.

Jones is making the most intelligent career moves of just about any fighter and theyre angry and confused.
And what moves are these?
How has it benefitted him?

Well,besides not getting flattened by DC at HW.

Why? To be the HW champion? Duh?
Convinced? What is there to talk about? If he felt he could whup DC at HW there is 0 reason for him not to take it. DC was the champ champ,he dont need to call out anyone. W two belts,they can come to him.

Jon: I wont do it,DC would be too difficult at HW,hed have the advantage.
Jon's Fans: omg he is lying,of course he'd flatten DC easy. He is just too nice,so thats why he wont do it. Thats why he waited till DC retired to move up. The man is a saint.
So you're saying he ducked DC so he could fight Francis or Stipe? Two harder fights at this point? You're crazy. He was clearly being nice, he said he didn't want to be disrespectful to DC's skills. Lol what are you on

So you're saying he ducked DC so he could fight Francis or Stipe? Two harder fights at this point? You're crazy. He was clearly being nice, he said he didn't want to be disrespectful to DC's skills. Lol what are you on
Being nice for what?

Who DOESNT fight for a title because their nice? What are you talking about?? When has that ever happened????

Jones nice??

Jon Jones right? The dude who got suspended for 2 yrs for roiding to beat DC in the 2nd fight?

We are talking about the same guy right? The same guy who couldnt fight at ufc 200 against DC cos he roided,that same jones?

WHat you mean something along those lines? I posted the entire link that contains his actual statement. Just read it,you cheat supporting infidel.

Read some Link posted to someone else? I responded to you.

in the fight world if a fighter bludgeoned a thousand hobos I don’t care. I watch fighting for entertainment. Not a moral conduct code. I bet you’re a real pain for your parents and when you get old enough to vote.
I couldn’t imagine your stance on free will and recreational doing whatever you want.

what’s you’re point in jones quote? That he thinks he will lose to dc as dc is the better fighter the third time around?

And what moves are these?
How has it benefitted him?

Well,besides not getting flattened by DC at HW.
He stayed in his weight class securing 5 more wins making him the longest reigned UFC champion ever, the most title defences

Further as he gets older naturally gaining weight and getting slower, he can transition to the slower, less athletic, older HW division.
Which is a logical and intelligent move

Timing, pragmatism is everything in prize fighting. This is plan ol common sense
Jones has patterned his career intelligently which is why hes the best ever and never been defeated

Whether it makes you feel emotionally a certain way or not

He stayed in his weight class securing 5 more wins making him the longest reigned UFC champion ever, the most title defences

Further as he gets older naturally gaining weight and getting slower, he can transition to the slower, less athletic, older HW division.
Which is a logical and intelligent move

Timing, pragmatism is everything in prize fighting. This is plan ol common sense
Jones has patterned his career intelligently which is why hes the best ever and never been defeated

Whether it makes you feel emotionally a certain way or not
Pragmatism?? Looool

Read some Link posted to someone else? I responded to you.

in the fight world if a fighter bludgeoned a thousand hobos I don’t care. I watch fighting for entertainment. Not a moral conduct code. I bet you’re a real pain for your parents and when you get old enough to vote.
I couldn’t imagine your stance on free will and recreational doing whatever you want.

what’s you’re point in jones quote? That he thinks he will lose to dc as dc is the better fighter the third time around?
Lol hey if you can't be arsed to read Jones actual view on the matter that is some high level denial there pal. Whew.

Anyway I don't know how I even need a point. Jones stated everything very clearly. A 5 yr old could understand.

It's the nutfleas that are trying to "read between the lines"

And for all those "I dont care what he does out of the ring" marks,well it sure as hell does matter when he keeps getting stripped and suspended all the time. Do you guys just wipe that from your memory?

Does it hurt that bad?

Pragmatism?? Looool
To someone who doesnt understand combat sports or sports in general the idea of pragmatism is laughable, I get it.
In fact its totally baffling to someone completely unfamiliar with the concept.

Ten years at the highest level of any sport is a product of methodical, pragmatic decisions and exceptionally rare.
ESPECIALLY in combat sports.

To someone who doesnt understand combat sports or sports in general the idea of pragmatism is laughable, I get it.
In fact its totally baffling to someone completely unfamiliar with the concept.

Ten years at the highest level of any sport is a product of methodical, pragmatic decisions and exceptionally rare.
ESPECIALLY in combat sports.
It's pragmatic as fuck to get suspended like 3 times for several yrs. What a genius.I know when I finally got back to being able to fight I'd be pragmatic as fuck,hahahah

It's pragmatic as fuck to get suspended like 3 times for several yrs. What a genius.I know when I finally got back to being able to fight I'd be pragmatic as fuck,hahahah
You got confused again.
Pragmatic about his career, not his personal life.

Most title defences in UFC history.

Whether you emotionally like it, or not.

I think you misunderstood what was typed.

Champions DONT leave it in the hands of judges, period...

ie. Chuck, Rampage, Rashad, Lyoto, Shogun, Jones, Jan and Glover

Thats not a appraisal of judges, thats a appraisal of REAL champions.
They TAKE the belt
I understand what you are saying now

Not only won’t Jones win the HW title, but he won’t ever have a meaningful HW fight.

He was a force of nature. He’s well past his prime, and it’s a testament to his greatness that he was still co legit I’ve in his last title defenses, but he should have been handed a loss against Reyes.

No disrespect to Reyes, who’s a fantastic fighter, but if he as essentially a counter wrestling kickboxer could beat Jones, it doesn’t portend well against the likes of Gane and Francis.

Being nice for what?

Who DOESNT fight for a title because their nice? What are you talking about?? When has that ever happened????

Jones nice??

Jon Jones right? The dude who got suspended for 2 yrs for roiding to beat DC in the 2nd fight?

We are talking about the same guy right? The same guy who couldnt fight at ufc 200 against DC cos he roided,that same jones?
I said he was being nice in the interview, not by ducking DC lol. The fight was never offered. You hate the guy, so clearly you have some bias.

Suddenly HW is stacked according to Jones haters lol

I said he was being nice in the interview, not by ducking DC lol. The fight was never offered. You hate the guy, so clearly you have some bias.
Why would they offer a fight to someone who just said in the interview NO I WONT DO IT?

You have yet to explain why Jon would be nice,considering he tried to cheat against DC at UFC 200 and got caught,and then cheated to beat DC when they finally had a 2nd fight after he got off his suspension.

What a fuckin GREAT guy!

Bias? Common bloody sense more like it.

Back