Daniel Cormier: “Jones Won’t Win The HW Title”

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
“I believe that Jon Jones will fight at heavyweight, and he’ll fight for the belt, but he’ll lose to Ciryl Gane or Francis Ngannou,” said Cormier. “And I just think that the time away, with the weight difference, and those guys being who they are, that’s the problem.

“It’s not that Jones has gotten worse – it’s just that these guys are a different level of heavyweight.”

140377272_1228627024199510_5173659681012140326_n.jpg

Read More - Here

Edit: Bisping claims DC is letting the rivalry with Jon skew his judgement

Last edited:
“I believe that Jon Jones will fight at heavyweight, and he’ll fight for the belt, but he’ll lose to Ciryl Gane or Francis Ngannou,” said Cormier. “And I just think that the time away, with the weight difference, and those guys being who they are, that’s the problem.

“It’s not that Jones has gotten worse – it’s just that these guys are a different level of heavyweight.”

140377272_1228627024199510_5173659681012140326_n.jpg

Read More - Here

I'm currently wearing those exact sweat pants, my wife bought them for me for Christmas.

I would be hyped if somehow D.C. came out of retirement and Jon does make it to fighting at heavy weight. Let's say Jon loses to Nganno or Game and then fights d.c. trying to redeem himself and gets cracked by d.c.

Well, he'll never fight for it, so yeah.

Dream Scenario for DC:
Jones wins the Heavyweight Championship by split decision and calls DC a jelly belly.
DC comes out of retirement on late notice and KOs Jones and retires as Champion.

I agree. Against Big Frank, just look how difficult it was for Stipe to engage in any sort of grappling in the rematch, and that's against an opponent he had already 50-44'd with pretty much all wrestling. Now try to imagine JJ being anymore successful than a natural HW. He's definitely not striking with him. Jon is better, but he gets hit on the feet, one club from Francis and you're staring at the ceiling.

Cyril is a more winnable fight, simply because he's lighter and JJ is a much better grappler, but Cyril has such great distance management that I doubt JJ gets him down. Plus he'll be eating jabs on the way in. Both fights ultimately end in a finish or dominant decision for the natural HW's. That's without me even taking into account Jon's time off. He's better off retiring or attempting to become a 3 trine LHW champ.

Back