"Danaher: Very good MMA ahtletes are competitive with elite boxers the first 3 or 4 rounds sparring"

A lot of boxers duck a lot because it's not punished. MMA fighters hardly duck because it's severely punished by kicks, knees and a bad clinch position.

Has nothing to do with why they don't generally stand a chance against boxers in boxing.

I would totally take a random Sherdogger's opinion over Danaher's just cos he's a grappler. Go hard bro, bring Sherdog home the UFC belt!

No because that's a complete fucking myth. Chin has nothing to do with neck size/neck strength. I have read research on this subject and the best theory so far is that's it's related to blood vessels in the brain, how quickly the brain shuts down.
How come every big tight neck for a body proportions wise or a hunched fighter has a tremendous chin then? Every skinny and non firm neck has a bad chin? It obviously matters.

Even then, what you are saying now contradicts your previous statement that MMA fighters have bad chins since you're saying training doesn't determine someone's chin. What about brain damage? Boxers take much more head trauma, and you are saying that doesn't matter?

How come every big tight neck for a body proportions wise or a hunched fighter has a tremendous chin then?

Mike Tyson got KOed all losses he had, including against Holyfield who was not a particularly big puncher. I gather you've seen Tysons neck.

Even then, what you are saying now contradicts your previous statement that MMA fighters have bad chins since you're saying training doesn't determine someone's chin.

No, natural selection does.. People who gravitate towards and stay as boxers tend to have much stronger chins than average or else they wouldn't make it in the sport.

Complete yet can't kick a grounded opponent or punch the backside of the head so the grappler craps his pants..

This in no way relates to what you quoted. Furthermore, it's wrong. You absolutely can kick a grounded opponent.

Mike Tyson got KOed all losses he had, including against Holyfield who was not a particularly big puncher. I gather you've seen Tysons neck.

No, natural selection does.. People who gravitate towards and stay as boxers tend to have much stronger chins than average or else they wouldn't make it in the sport.
Tyson's chin doesn't look particularly hard. In his prime when he was young and fit it looked good, but later it looked like an average neck not showing firmness. But it's pointless to argue now since you show that your head is a mess and will find anything to say, however stupid, to confirm your bias. You're punished for a weak chin as much if not more in MMA looking at top boxers like Fury Joshua and Khan with brittle chins. Like I said, don't even go here because you know damn well you're not looking for an argument.

Tyson's chin doesn't look particularly hard. In his prime when he was young and fit it looked good, but later it looked like an average neck not showing firmness. But it's pointless to argue now since you show that your head is a mess and will find anything to say, however stupid, to confirm your bias. You're punished for a weak chin as much if not more in MMA looking at top boxers like Fury Joshua and Khan with brittle chins. Like I said, don't even go here because you know damn well you're not looking for an argument.

You are not punished for it as much for it since few can really box in the organization and because there are many other ways to win.

Give Jon Jones 2 years and he would desrtroy Deontay Wilder in a boxing ring.

Maybe you just underrate Floyd's chin lowkey.
Plus it was just one strike with boxing gloves. No matter what anyone tells you the glove size changes the game. And it changes your striking style. Conor never was going to knock May out with repeated strikes because May is just too good at rolling with the punches. In MMA it's nowhere near as practical to roll the way you can in boxing.

Floyds style has nothing to do with gloves sizes buddeh.

In his experience, he said. He has much more than you.

I don't understand how biased can you be. Look how far Joshua Wilder and Foreman went just by physicality alone. The chin comment is also incredibly stupid. Boxers take more brain trauma than MMA fighters and have deteriorated chins. Plus MMA fighters naturally have stronger chins through grappling and consequently neck training. MMA fighters just in general have different approach to fighting so you can't properly judge their stand up. It's a lot of distance management for kicks, set ups, clinch where you are not broken up by the ref like in boxing, and you actually use dirty boxing and sneak punches in with small gloves. A lot of boxers duck a lot because it's not punished. MMA fighters hardly duck because it's severely punished by kicks, knees and a bad clinch position.

<36>

D9uCeVJUYAAw7ah.jpg

"MMA stance" .. you guys realize there are many MMA fights who stand like boxers, tkd, wrestlers etc.

MMA fighters dont have the chin for boxing? Dafaq you are smoking?

The rest i could mostly agree with tho.
But for different reasons. The striking of MMA fighters isnt "shit" is actually way more functional than pure boxing in a sense that there a way more things to set up and the distance managent is completly different.
Ofc pure boxing in itself is more elaborate

<36>

most MMA guys dont even understand distance and how to control ... its super super rare here.

Last edited:
Sometimes it takes that amount of time to know what they've got. Once they do it's over. Danaher's breakdown of Floyd vs Conor was spot on (before the fight).

I don't understand how biased can you be. Look how far Joshua Wilder and Foreman went just by physicality alone. The chin comment is also incredibly stupid. Boxers take more brain trauma than MMA fighters and have deteriorated chins. Plus MMA fighters naturally have stronger chins through grappling and consequently neck training. MMA fighters just in general have different approach to fighting so you can't properly judge their stand up. It's a lot of distance management for kicks, set ups, clinch where you are not broken up by the ref like in boxing, and you actually use dirty boxing and sneak punches in with small gloves. A lot of boxers duck a lot because it's not punished. MMA fighters hardly duck because it's severely punished by kicks, knees and a bad clinch position.

I disagree that boxers don't exercise the neck, like you think there's no clinching in boxing lol, and, if you don't have a muscular neck, taking a shot from a Tyson in his prime could kill you.
Watch Floyd, Loma, Tyson, and especially Holyfield, who always gave up a lot of size, he trained his neck muscles like a dog.

Yeah Jones hands are world class

Jones is not a big puncher and if you take away his other tools (elbows, eye pokes, knees, kicks, roids, 'rasslin) he would be a pretty average fighter imo. He could potentially be a volume puncher like Fury but Fury would be more technically sound even if Jones trained for two years. I think the statement works better in the other direction. Give Wilder two years of MMA training and he could beat Jones, especially considering his power with smaller gloves.

Back