"Danaher: Very good MMA ahtletes are competitive with elite boxers the first 3 or 4 rounds sparring"

I think Danaher means that MMA guys are unpredictable because they don't necessarily do the 'correct' thing at any given time. Which can throw a boxer off because he has spent so long assuming his opponent will do a certain thing at any given time. So boxers start off cautiously, maybe even get a little bit flummoxed. It takes them a few rounds to get a feel for them, then they really turn it up and dominate the sparring thereafter.

It sounds about right. We're talking about sparring, not fighting.

All the power in the world isn't gonna keep him off his back. The nuthuggers of both sports are super annoying. Just accept that while they share some similarities (throwing and defending punches), outside of that they're very different sports requiring very different skill sets. Both groups of nuthuggers would be very butthurt about the results of their treasured sport in a mass crossover to the other's world.

Ngannou would not take him down

There are many former MMA fighters who do well in Bare Knuckle Boxing - Bec Rawlings, Artem Lobov, Jason Knight, Jim Alers, Joey Beltran... I mean, if they focus on boxing, you never know. But I am talking about bare-knuckle boxing. Boxing with gloves? I believe an MMA fighter would really have a hard time, especially due to different gloves and different rules.

How often do you see the sloppy brawler beat the more technical fighter... a lot.
it's not too damn far from this.
I mean look at Rampage in K-1, beat Cyril Abidi... twice.
Tom Erikson who had ZERO fucking standing beat Jan Nortje.
looking good on mitts or the bag doesn't always equate to practical application.

Didn't that fucking t rex armed Lobov guy beat a former world champion (granted way out of his prime)

K-1 heavies were always overrated. And Adibi... The guy was a total flake with a 50/50 win/loss - not really a great win at any point in time.

Lobov vs washed up Paulie... I won’t even.

It’s funny to me how many MMA fans dispute the part about chin. Boxers have way better chins. You don’t get far in the pro ranks without an extraordinary chin. Even Floyd, a defensive genius, had a cast iron chin. How many MMA guys would eat that McGregor uppercut without at least dropping? And Conor had a good 15-20 lbs on Floyd come fight time.

That’s kind of true with a lot of boxers. The first 3 rounds don’t mean a lot. A great fighter vs a good fighter the first 3- round will generally be close. As the fight goes on especially the last 6-8 rounds the talent gap is generally show and you see who the better fighter is usually.

So they’re competitive until the boxer is warmed up. Seems about right.

Back