"Danaher: Very good MMA ahtletes are competitive with elite boxers the first 3 or 4 rounds sparring"

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry just found this one and It's fucking unbelievable https://www.sportsjoe.ie/boxing/eer...or-vs-floyd-mayweather-unlikely-source-135320

Talking about boxing: "My experience of watching very good MMA athletes spar elite boxers is always the same - they are competitive for the first 3 or 4 rounds and do surprisingly well"

End of quote.

I've seen "MMA guys" on the heavy bag and they look like dog shit. Seen them in the octagon and and not a single one would make a direct transition to boxing regardless of the nr of rounds. They don't have the chin first of all.

It's clear the dude does not understand what he's watching, which makes sense since he's a grappler.

There is NO WAY "very good MMA athletes" are competitive with elite boxers for ANY round of boxing when the boxer decides the playing is over. I know that since most Kickboxers are not!

Sorry just found this one and It's fucking unbelievable https://www.sportsjoe.ie/boxing/eer...or-vs-floyd-mayweather-unlikely-source-135320

Talking about boxing: "My experience of watching very good MMA athletes spar elite boxers is always the same - they are competitive for the first 3 or 4 rounds and do surprisingly well"

End of quote.

I've seen "MMA guys" on the heavy bag and they look like dog shit. Seen them in the octagon and and not a single one would make a direct transition to boxing regardless of the nr of rounds. They don't have the chin first of all.

It's clear the dude does not understand what he's watching, which makes sense since he's a grappler.

There is NO WAY "very good MMA athletes" are competitive with elite boxers for ANY round of boxing when the boxer decides the playing is over. I know that since most Kickboxers are not!
pipe down kid. Its your fuckin bedtime

MMA fighters stand up looks like shit because they're setting up things that isn't a rear overhand.

MMA fighters dont have the chin for boxing? Dafaq you are smoking?

The rest i could mostly agree with tho.
But for different reasons. The striking of MMA fighters isnt "shit" is actually way more functional than pure boxing in a sense that there a way more things to set up and the distance managent is completly different.
Ofc pure boxing in itself is more elaborate

Last edited:
How often do you see the sloppy brawler beat the more technical fighter... a lot.
it's not too damn far from this.
I mean look at Rampage in K-1, beat Cyril Abidi... twice.
Tom Erikson who had ZERO fucking standing beat Jan Nortje.
looking good on mitts or the bag doesn't always equate to practical application.

Didn't that fucking t rex armed Lobov guy beat a former world champion (granted way out of his prime)

They don't have "boxer chins" is such a stupid talking point. If you dropped that I feel the rest of your point.

Didn't that fucking t rex armed Lobov guy beat a former world champion (granted way out of his prime)

No. He won a highly disputed decision in bare knuckle boxing. Paulie is not only retired, he didn't understand the scoring.

Boxing stand up is awful. They are mostly in a position where they could be leg kicked or taken down instantaniously. Boxers don't know anything about good stand up fighting.

They don't have "boxer chins" is such a stupid talking point. If you dropped that I feel the rest of your point.

They don't. Conor got a free uppercut on Mayweather and he laughed.. This is the power punching guy MMA folks were talking about would put Mayweather to sleep if he lands clean..

Boxing stand up is awful. They are mostly in a position where they could be leg kicked or taken down instantaniously. Boxers don't know anything about good stand up fighting.

Name, join date, and post all check out.

<mma4>

No. He won a highly disputed decision in bare knuckle boxing. Paulie is not only retired, he didn't understand the scoring.

Either way, on paper he should have fucking slaughtered Lobov.
regardless of scoring, he should have been able to hit him more than being hit through better offense and better defense.

Point being.... aggression and athleticism can carry someone a bit more than their technical abilities... for a while. Any disciplined boxer should take over after a few rounds.

Except Samart fought out of a boxing stance and not only won a world title in boxing but also dominant Muay Thai fighter.

Lomachenko would've KOed TJ Dillashaw in the 1st round in a real boxing match ...

Either way, on paper he should have fucking slaughtered Lobov.
regardless of scoring, he should have been able to hit him more than being hit through better offense and better defense.

Point being.... aggression and athleticism can carry someone a bit more than their technical abilities... for a while. Any disciplined boxer should take over after a few rounds.

There's blood on and other intruding variables to bareknuckle boxing. Brendan Schaub didn't think Paulie would win and Schuab was a golden gloves champ. He knew that the sport was too different andt that paulie wouldn't adjust right away.

Isn't Danaher strictly a BJJ coach? If so what the fuck does he know about boxing?

Back