Media Dana White "We could do Jon Vs Stipe too"

Lol many of you are tripping... the LHW undefeated goat is looking for a BIG Payday and to win the HW strap not a dangerous tune up fight.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Not surprised. I was pretty sure the original plan was for Jones to fight Stipe. Knew as soon as Ngannou flattened Stipe that Jones wasn't going to be into it.

Jones shouldn't be allowed to run. Ngannou or retire.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>
This, I agree.

lol, I said this before but it was so obvious Jones wanted Stipe to win. Jon would have immediately accepted that fight. It's a much better matchup for him, his game plan will obviously be the same as always, oblique kicks and fingers extended in case Stipe tries to close the gap. When Ngannou won I knew for sure Jon wanted nothing to do with him. The same goes for DC, neither DC or Jones wanted to fight against Ngannou, especially not at this stage of their careers. He's just too dangerous.

In my opinion, Stipe is a much more difficult fight for Jones. The path to victory against Francis is very clear, even if it's fraught with danger. If Jones were to complete a single takedown on Francis, there's a very good chance Francis gets finished and/or gassed relatively easily. On the other hand, the path to victory is much murkier against Stipe. Stipe has the wrestling to make takedowns very difficult, and we've consistently seen that guys with similar height/length give Jones problems on the feet. If someone like Reyes could outstrike Jones on the feet, I have a hard time believing Stipe wouldn't do the same.

fight doesn't do anything for Jon. Why would he care to fight a guy who went 2-1 with DC ? All its going to do is add more mileage on him. Stipe is a tough SOB and Jones doesn't have KO and power. Its going to be a grueling fight.

If jon wants to achieve mma greatness and be the undisputed goat he needs to get the HW belt now.

It don't believe that fight will happen.
But if Jones signed for it after declining 8-10 millions to fight Ngannou for the belt, it would say a lot about how terrified he is of Francis.

Sure I 'd love to see the fight. So would Dana and so even would Stipe. BUT why would Jon, who's been a) trying to wrangle a huuuuge payday, likely the biggest ever in UFC history, and b) already offered a chance at an insta–title shot, decide to take a fight that will provide neither?

Jon should have a tuneup fight against Andrei Arvloski.

Stylistically I think Stipe is a worse matchup for Jones than Frank, Jones should ask 40mil.

Wait so Jon won't fight Frank because he won't get paid enough but will fight Stipe for not as much?

So he's ducking Fransis?

Wait so Jon won't fight Frank because he won't get paid enough but will fight Stipe for not as much?

So he's ducking Fransis?
Lmao he was always ducking Francis. i mean he prepared for long over a year now to specifically fight Stipe and than the guy gets knocked out. Bad for Jonny. So he just made up the excuse of not getting paid enough...

I don't get people saying "good fight for Jon".

The only way you beat Stipe is to ko him and Jon doesn't have ko power.

Stipe is the better boxer and a good enough wrestler. Jon was beat up by Santos and Reyes at lhw ffs.

Jones is playing slow pitch until he's grown into his final form but if the belt isnt an option this year he should take it..

Back