Dana White Says Colby Just Ducked Woodley

How much of what Dana just said do you believe?

• Total voters
1. Dana doesn't like Colby (because he doesn't sell and because he is bad publicity for UFC - yes, bad publicity exists and no, bringing the Trumps to your fight means shit if you can't sell) and offered him very few money for the Usman fight. He prefers to see Usman vs Gamebred or someone who could sell better, like Nate.

2. Dana doesn't really care about Colby, he offered him the same amount of money he would offer to every contender, but Colby turned the fight down because:
a) he believes he is so popular in his head and he should get paid more
b) he is afraid uf Usman

Shouldnt be matched up with him in the first place and he knows it.

Why would he fight Woodley at this point? Dana, just pay the man. I would still like to see the best vs. the best. With so much money sloshing around, I don't see why a bit more can't go towards the fighters. Damn.

Woowww this sounds really scummy.

Offer a fighter chump change and when they decline go out to the media and tell everyone that the fighter just doesn't want to fight.
He's been doing it to Nate for years.

"I'll give you $10k to fight Kamaru or you can fight Tyron for free and not get your title shot" - Dana White, most likely

Why the fuck would he fight Woodley when he’s earned a title shot?

Woodley is dangerous and could probably take his head off with a single blow.

Woodley is a win that means nothing and potentially a shattered jaw with brain damage from a vicious right hand.

A nice big fuck you from Dana.

tenor.gif

Did Colby fight Lawler on short notice? I think he did but I am not 100% sure. If so that could have earned him a higher paycheck and it wouldn't surprise me if Dana offered him less to fight Usman.

I think Colby turned down the fight because he was low balled and turned down Woodley because the fight does not make sense. I would not conciser that “ducking” though.

I don’t want Colby vs. Woodley now because it could lead to a Woodley vs Usman rematch zzzzz.

I hope Ferguson doesn’t get lowballed.

Voted none. Didnt need to read.
Fatso is the fakest fuck of our generation.
Probably as rotten as some kadyrov evil.

Dana White is a fucking liar, but I have a hard time believing that they offered Colby LESS money to fight Usman seeing how his reported pay for the Lawler fight was 45/45.

After Colby Covington beat Robbie Lawler at UFC Newark, all signs pointed to him fighting welterweight champion, Kamaru Usman next. Many also expected that fight to be at UFC 244 in Madison Square Garden.

Yet, that is not the case. Instead, negotiations between the two fell apart and the UFC booked Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal as the main event of the card.

Now, speaking at the UFC 244 press conference, UFC president, Dana White explained why Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington did not come to fruition.

“So here’s the thing with that,” White said during the news conference (h/t MMA Junkie). “Obviously, you heard me say in interviews after [Diaz defeated Pettis] that was the fight I was going to make.

“So Colby Covington can say whatever he wants, but we make fights for a living. That’s what we do. We go after guys and we say, ‘This is next. This is the date. Do you want the fight?’ Obviously he wanted more money to fight Usman. We went back and forth.”

Dana White was obviously not pleased he could not get a deal with Colby Covington or Kamaru Usman. But, ‘Chaos’ says he turned it down because it was not a negotiation. Instead, it was a take it or leave it offer, and it was less money then what he was paid against Lawler.

However, according to White, Colby Covington also turned down a Tyron Woodley fight after the Kamaru Usman negotiations hit a snag.

“This is the second time he’s done it,” White said. “He had a fight in Dallas, too. So we said, ‘If you don’t want to fight Usman then we’ll give you Tyron Woodley’. He turned down Tyron Woodley, too. You either want to fight or you don’t. When Colby Covington is willing to fight, he’ll let us know.”

-BJPenn.com
He's the interim champ and wants to unify, why would he take a career risk in fighting Tyron for penny's when he doesn't have to? Colby would happily fight him as a challenger once he's the champ I think he's shown he's not scared of fighting top guys.

Christ can't believe I'm defending Colby hahaha

{<jordan}

It's most likely Dana spewing bullshit and distorting facts but this is funny as hell.

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle but seeing as they're both full of shit there's a fair chance absolutely none of this happened in the first place.

The two of them are boring dumbasses

This was a chance for one to become the undisputed champ and start having more leverage to make demands.

They both jumped the gun one fight early which means they were both scared of losing

I'm talking about Snoozeman and Colby, Tyquil is irrelevant

So true

Why should he fight Woodley? He’s more than earned his shot and fuck the UFC for trying to lowball him for a title fight.

you forget about ufc 228. ufc cant help that colby is scared.

Back