Dana White Says Colby Just Ducked Woodley

How much of what Dana just said do you believe?

• Total voters
Why would he possibly accept the Woodley fight...
Wouldn't you wanna fight T-Wood for 45k to show/45k to win after failed negotiations for a title fight?

Come on, bro. Quit being a duck.

Typical case of talked the talk, but couldn't walk the walk. If you gonna play the game "I'm the biggest draw, I put asses on seats", don't go cry foul play when it backfires because people would rather watch a punctured tire deflate than your snoozefest fights. Colby wanted the privileged treatment Dana reserves to his golden children and he would have been perfectly fine with it if he could pull it off. Instead, he failed and now he flips his act throwing a slave-labor tantrum, as if all of a sudden he's the blue-collar type fighter à la Miocic or Lawler. He liked the rules of the game only as long as they worked in his favor. As soon as they stopped he's like the child who cries because he lost and who leaves the game taking the ball home with him. Sad.

Lol even his own people hate this guy.
What a douchebag.
putl2.gif

Colbys really gonna end up in Bellator soon isnt he...........

hed fit right in

method=get&s=justin-mccully.jpg

If Colby and Usman somehow disappeared from the UFC tomorrow, I wouldn't give the slightest fuck.

Because he fights for a living. That’s his job. He doesn’t own the UFC. You and I can’t tell our bosses what we will and won’t do and then expect a reward for being belligerent. He should not either.

you definitely can't trust Dana. But Colby would have taken the title shot if he thought he would win, if he won the title then he would have leverage. Now he has none because next to no one wants to watch him.

Usman has the title and doesnt seem to have much leverage himself. I mean the UFC is replacing a legit title fight between the 2 best guys in the division with Masvidal and Nate and are literally creating a fake BMF title for it

Conor and to a lesser extent Honda were the only ones in MMA who had even a semblance of leverage against the UFC and Conor after the Floyd/Khabib fights doesnt have much of it like he used to

Usman has the title and doesnt seem to have much leverage himself. I mean the UFC is replacing a legit title fight between the 2 best guys in the division with Masvidal and Nate and are literally creating a fake BMF title for it

Conor and to a lesser extent Honda were the only ones in MMA who had even a semblance of leverage against the UFC and Conor after the Floyd/Khabib fights doesnt have much of it like he used to
Usman has a whole hell of a lot more leverage than Colby. And don't assume Usman is really pushing for the Colby fight, no one will buy it so he won't make anything on PPV points. Fighting the winner of Masvidal and Nate (especially if it's Nate) will make him way more money.

He’s not a draw! He has no leverage asking for more pay. If he wins the actual title, then he deserves more pay.

After not getting what he thought he was worth, he was offered Woodley. He didn’t like the idea of not fighting for the title bc he’s an entitled biznatch. IMO, I would be done tryin to give this “interim” champ a fight and just keep lowballing him until he fights or quits. He’s not a draw!

Time for Colby to call Trump to put bald greedopotamus to place
and pays those millions Colby deserves!

Why should he fight Woodley? He’s more than earned his shot and fuck the UFC for trying to lowball him for a title fight.
If they offered him the title shot and he turned it down, that’s on Colby. He wants more money, and there’s nothing wrong with that, but he very simply doesn’t have the following or bring enough eyes to the sport to warrant a big payday. People simply don’t care about Covington. He isn’t very exciting in the cage, so he loses fans there, and he acts like a total dickhead outside of the cage, so he loses fans there. Compare that to McGregor. He’s a dickhead outside the cage but always put on an exciting fight, win or lose. He brings eyes to the sport, so he makes bank.

We won’t even talk about the ESPN event Covington headlined, because 10am and all, but here’s some numbers for you.

Covington’s IG: 240k followers

Masvidal: 725k
Usman: 668k
RDA: 597k
Diaz 3.5 million
Till: 658k
Wonderboy: 463k
Maia: 359k

Out of the WW top 10, the only fighters people give less of a shit about are Three Piece and Ponz. Colby wants big money, but doesn’t move the needle enough to earn a big payday, despite what his 10 fans on here parrot day in and day out. The UFC literally sees more value in a fake belt fight between Diaz and Masvidal (two highest followers in the division) then shelling out more money to get Covington to sign.

After Colby Covington beat Robbie Lawler at UFC Newark, all signs pointed to him fighting welterweight champion, Kamaru Usman next. Many also expected that fight to be at UFC 244 in Madison Square Garden.

Yet, that is not the case. Instead, negotiations between the two fell apart and the UFC booked Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal as the main event of the card.

Now, speaking at the UFC 244 press conference, UFC president, Dana White explained why Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington did not come to fruition.

“So here’s the thing with that,” White said during the news conference (h/t MMA Junkie). “Obviously, you heard me say in interviews after [Diaz defeated Pettis] that was the fight I was going to make.

“So Colby Covington can say whatever he wants, but we make fights for a living. That’s what we do. We go after guys and we say, ‘This is next. This is the date. Do you want the fight?’ Obviously he wanted more money to fight Usman. We went back and forth.”

Dana White was obviously not pleased he could not get a deal with Colby Covington or Kamaru Usman. But, ‘Chaos’ says he turned it down because it was not a negotiation. Instead, it was a take it or leave it offer, and it was less money then what he was paid against Lawler.

However, according to White, Colby Covington also turned down a Tyron Woodley fight after the Kamaru Usman negotiations hit a snag.

“This is the second time he’s done it,” White said. “He had a fight in Dallas, too. So we said, ‘If you don’t want to fight Usman then we’ll give you Tyron Woodley’. He turned down Tyron Woodley, too. You either want to fight or you don’t. When Colby Covington is willing to fight, he’ll let us know.”

-BJPenn.com

Why make a clickbait thread on sherdog?

We don’t get paid for clicks?

they should do marty vs askren after he beats maia. theres real heat there and askren will take the fight no matter what.

I am waiting until the fighters have to wear masks for the fights. Or how about buying comic heroe rights and let Batman fight Superman.

The sky is the limit with giving a fuck about titles and lowballing the fighters more and more.

They can even create a character with a mask and if the "actor" wants too much money he just gets replaced. Hobo acting. Have to talk to Dana about that idea.

I don’t believe anything Dana has to say.

Back