Dana White Says Colby Just Ducked Woodley

How much of what Dana just said do you believe?

• Total voters
Usman vs Covington shaping up to be the Khabib vs Ferguson of the welterweight division minus the injuries.

Typical case of talked the talk, but couldn't walk the walk. If you gonna play the game "I'm the biggest draw, I put asses on seats", don't go cry foul play when it backfires because people would rather watch a punctured tire deflate than your snoozefest fights. Colby wanted the privileged treatment Dana reserves to his golden children and he would have been perfectly fine with it if he could pull it off. Instead, he failed and now he flips his act throwing a slave-labor tantrum, as if all of a sudden he's the blue-collar type fighter à la Miocic or Lawler. He liked the rules of the game only as long as they worked in his favor. As soon as they stopped he's like the child who cries because he lost and who leaves the game taking the ball home with him. Sad.
You said a lot but all it did was confirm your own stupidity. He won two interim titles and will get passed over for the title shot twice now for bullshit reasons. You can't call this a sport anymore, it's sports entertainment and yet you are bashing him for an obvious shtick that only morons like you take at face value, created to save his job because the UFC told him before the Maia fight he was going to be cut win or lose. Performance wise he has more than earned a title shot.

1. Dana doesn't like Colby (because he doesn't sell and because he is bad publicity for UFC - yes, bad publicity exists and no, bringing the Trumps to your fight means shit if you can't sell) and offered him very few money for the Usman fight. He prefers to see Usman vs Gamebred or someone who could sell better, like Nate.

2. Dana doesn't really care about Colby, he offered him the same amount of money he would offer to every contender, but Colby turned the fight down because:
a) he believes he is so popular in his head and he should get paid more
b) he is afraid uf Usman
This isn't about selling any ppvs or being a draw or even the money. It is simply about leverage.

You have no idea how much Colby was asking for more than his usual or how it compares to other "contenders". Those numbers are never the same.

I don't believe people like you post these ridiculous posts. You actually believe a professional fighter is afraid of fighting. This is nonsense.

Probably offered him $5000 to fight him

Am I too late before all the savvy businessmen came in here to defend Dana and his excuses for shit fighter pay?

I don't even like Colby, but fucking pay your top tier fighters Dana. Greedy piece of shit.

This isn't about selling any ppvs or being a draw or even the money. It is simply about leverage.

You have no idea how much Colby was asking for more than his usual or how it compares to other "contenders". Those numbers are never the same.

I don't believe people like you post these ridiculous posts. You actually believe a professional fighter is afraid of fighting. This is nonsense.

Yes, I have no ideea, this is why 3 are 3 options.
2a
2b

Yes, professional fighters might be afraid of fighting certain fighters.
Ducking exists, it's not a myth.
Do you really think Bisping wasn't afraid of fighting Romero?
And it Colby's case MIGHT be (again, MIGHT, not IS... read carefully, 3 options) about another type of fear. Not the fear of getting destroyed by Usman, because the guy is a decision wrestler. But the fear of losing to him and having to invent some sort of excuse, after all that trash talk. Colby has the loudest mouth. Imagine him losing to Marty FakeNewsman or how the fuck is he calling him. What will he say afterwards...

So no, it's not non-sense.

After Colby Covington beat Robbie Lawler at UFC Newark, all signs pointed to him fighting welterweight champion, Kamaru Usman next. Many also expected that fight to be at UFC 244 in Madison Square Garden.

Yet, that is not the case. Instead, negotiations between the two fell apart and the UFC booked Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal as the main event of the card.

Now, speaking at the UFC 244 press conference, UFC president, Dana White explained why Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington did not come to fruition.

“So here’s the thing with that,” White said during the news conference (h/t MMA Junkie). “Obviously, you heard me say in interviews after [Diaz defeated Pettis] that was the fight I was going to make.

“So Colby Covington can say whatever he wants, but we make fights for a living. That’s what we do. We go after guys and we say, ‘This is next. This is the date. Do you want the fight?’ Obviously he wanted more money to fight Usman. We went back and forth.”

Dana White was obviously not pleased he could not get a deal with Colby Covington or Kamaru Usman. But, ‘Chaos’ says he turned it down because it was not a negotiation. Instead, it was a take it or leave it offer, and it was less money then what he was paid against Lawler.

However, according to White, Colby Covington also turned down a Tyron Woodley fight after the Kamaru Usman negotiations hit a snag.

“This is the second time he’s done it,” White said. “He had a fight in Dallas, too. So we said, ‘If you don’t want to fight Usman then we’ll give you Tyron Woodley’. He turned down Tyron Woodley, too. You either want to fight or you don’t. When Colby Covington is willing to fight, he’ll let us know.”

-BJPenn.com
To be honest if I was promised a title shot and sat out of it for a while I wouldn't accept a non title fight

QNxzuAo.jpg

He is the most selfish guy in the business, extermely bad for the sport, full of lies.

The fun part is how Dana , at the same time, talks about legitimizing boxing with his Zuffa Boxing approach because boxing is not focused enough to put the best boxers against each other (Took Fury as an example) <Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Then goes on to create a retard belt without any meaning and lowballs the legitimate 2 best fighters at WW :D

That is pure satire but even that gets eat up by some fanboys. Just take is as a comedy show. We just need the laughter tape played with the next Dana interview.

The whole WW division needs to be nuked. What a fucking mess.

You said a lot but all it did was confirm your own stupidity. He won two interim titles and will get passed over for the title shot twice now for bullshit reasons. You can't call this a sport anymore, it's sports entertainment and yet you are bashing him for an obvious shtick that only morons like you take at face value, created to save his job because the UFC told him before the Maia fight he was going to be cut win or lose. Performance wise he has more than earned a title shot.
Yes, it's sport entertainment and if you cared to read, that's exactly my premise. He worked the sport entertainment angle and he was fine with it until he realized it wasn't working as he wanted, because he's simply not very entertaining. From there he switched from the entertainment to the sport angle. If that's supposed to generate any sympathy, then it fails again. He made his bed, time to lay into it. As far as I'm concerned, if you talk a big game you better stick to your guns, or I don't have time to care about you. Also, nowhere in my post I bashed his schtick, just pointed out that when it failed he just panick-flipped the script in a move that is hardly interesting and comes off as petty. You're just contradicting yourself when you talk about entertainment and deserving performance-wise. The only performance that matters in entertainment are the numbers you generate. So, performance-wise he deserves little. Beside your obvious ad hominem, you're just projecting your feelings, as you're the only one doing the bashing here.

Colby just got a new manager

"Ballengee Group, a company that manages top fighters such as Tony Ferguson, Eddie Alvarez and Curtis Blaydes."

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/...-interview-management-american-top-team-fight

This is the same outfit that sued Nate Diaz which lead to him sitting out for 3 years.

I thought Nate sitting out 3 years was mostly due to him being rich and half assed..
I heard him mumble about being sued etc but I thought it was typical Diaz bull

1. White probably offered Colby a very low ball number knowing he'd resist and maybe even not accept it.

2. White probably knew if he offered Colby Woodley then Colby would not agree because he wants a titleshot, and that he (Dana) would then be able to tell the media Colby ducked Woodley just to troll Colby.
<{Heymansnicker}>

I believe Dana,hes just leaving parts out of it haha.

I know people hate Colby but if you're buying what Dana's selling, you're a fucking moron.

This is the same shit he's been doing forever: step in line or I'll bury you in the press. Dana always wants to control the narrative and most of these sheep just go with it. Sad!

Colby said that he was offered "basic challenger's rate"........ that rate is probably more than what he was offered in the RDA fight. And he made 350k in that fight which is already not a small sum of money.

I know people hate Colby but if you're buying what Dana's selling, you're a fucking moron.

This is the same shit he's been doing forever: step in line or I'll bury you in the press. Dana always wants to control the narrative and most of these sheep just go with it. Sad!

And what leverage does Colby have to avoid stepping in the line? The longer he doesn't get his title shot the less people will see it as unfair for him to be skipped over. Colby is playing a stupid game if he thinks he can demand anything from the UFC.

Colby said that he was offered "basic challenger's rate"........ that rate is probably more than what he was offered in the RDA fight. And he made 350k in that fight which is already not a small sum of money.
Look up the word probably and compare it to my post.

"Not a small sum of money" has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

If Lebron James was offered $350,000 to play in the NBA, it wouldn't be a small amount of money. And it would be rejected.

Back