Dana White: "If Matt Brown Beats Carlos Condit, That Will Change His Life"

i hope brown does beat condit, never got into all the condit hype, plus the aftermath on here would be so tasty.

Bro, watch a condit fight. Best striker at WW easily.. who has come as close to beating GSP did as him with that headkick since Serra?

I see no way Maia/Shields is not a complete garbage fight. 2 guys with sloppy standup and if either bring it to the ground, they will win via top control.

Both fighters = yawn, to me

but i think if maia wins convincingly he deserves a shot. at least he has the grappling angle to create an interesting match up. browns kind of good at a lot of stuff but not really better at anything than gsp

the only guy to beat shields convincingly was ellenberger so if maia can do it he has something to be proud of

it will take the best fight of matt browns life to defeat carlos condit though

He's Condit + 1 win away from a title shot. He hasn't beaten any really good WW's yet and needs to before he get's his shot.

The funny thing is, despite Condit's popularity (except for his fight with Diaz), everyone will be rooting for Matt Brown in this fight.

Also, interesting note, Brown has the most losses in the top 10 and the worst win loss ratio.

Also his six fight streak is only equaled by Hendricks, and surpassed by GSP and Askren at 170.

Six fight win streaks in the UFC (except by the top guys in the division) are pretty rare. A case can be made for him not fighting top guys but even the "B" guys in the UFC are pretty damn tough.

He's done damn well for himself, especially given he was facing being future endeavoured.

Change his life =/= title shot

I think Maia gets it if he taps Shields and condit/brown winner is fighting lawler/macdonald winner for nexties.

A crazy KO win for anybody could change that though.

Maia deserves the shot if he beats shields. If he loses then brown should get it.

Point is moot though because brown is getting stopped.

Something tells me you may be a little bit biased......

Don't worry, I bet Condit will have the same judges working for him that Jon Jones had for his fight with Gus. So Brown's life will not change anymore than Gus' did.

Condit will beat the shit out if brown. Should look like hardy vs condit

but i think if maia wins convincingly he deserves a shot. at least he has the grappling angle to create an interesting match up. browns kind of good at a lot of stuff but not really better at anything than gsp

the only guy to beat shields convincingly was ellenberger so if maia can do it he has something to be proud of

So did Shields, and we all saw how that fight ended up a jab clinic.

Don't worry, I bet Condit will have the same judges working for him that Jon Jones had for his fight with Gus. So Brown's life will not change anymore than Gus' did.

file.php

Yes. I'm rooting for Condit in this, as always haha. But if Brown wins, 7 in a row. You can't create that level of promotion. Matt Brown should absolutely get a title shot, if that happens.

I agree with all of this. WW is actually in a tough spot, because it would have two guys with an equal standing (Maia and Brown if they both win) in terms of title claim. Still, if Brown beats Condit I'd favour him to get the shot off the name value of that win.

Worse still, what if Hendricks wins? Then GSP will get an immendiate rematch and neither Brown nor Maia will have a shot for about 12 months...

Brown beating Condit would be huge.. and to be frank I just don't see it happening, outside of pulling off a Serra.. no offence to Matt, he is a tough SOB, who has done far more than almost anyone expected out of him... but Condit is a different animal, and in a completely different pool of talent than the guys Brown has been beating during his streak. Does beating Condit make Brown worthy of a title shot? Well, I guess that question would be for anyone in the division. Should any of the top tier of the division beat Carlos Condit, I think it would be fair to say that that fighter would be on the short list for a crack at the title.. but if you are wondering who should be next in line after GSP vs Hendricks plays out, it is without question Damien Maia (assuming Maia beats Shields)... Brown has been on a nice run, but it has not been against the upper tier of the division... If Maia beats Shields, then he would have a far better argument, with wins over Fitch, Story and Kim... that being said, I think this is highly speculative, because unless I am completely wrong, Brown is going to be in a very, very, very tough position to pull out a win over Carlos... Sorry, but while I am impressed that Brown has beaten guys like Jordan Mein, Mike Pyle and Mike Swick... those guys are a long, long, long way from Condit... If Brown pulls off the win, then he should face Rory while Maia gets his crack...

Tissue, do you need it?

If Brown beats Condit, that would be one win over a top-10 opponent. Maia will have more than that in his current streak (although Fitch and Kim are no longer in the top 10), plus his notoriety from his time as a middleweight. A win should make Brown a top contender, but if Maia also wins, he should have the title shot before Brown.

You could make the argument that Condit would the more important win now, since he's currently top-10 and none of Maia's welterweight opponents are, but it's because of Maia that they were ranked down. I would still go with Maia.

I agree with all of this. WW is actually in a tough spot, because it would have two guys with an equal standing (Maia and Brown if they both win) in terms of title claim. Still, if Brown beats Condit I'd favour him to get the shot off the name value of that win.

Worse still, what if Hendricks wins? Then GSP will get an immendiate rematch and neither Brown nor Maia will have a shot for about 12 months...

If Maia, Brown, and Hendricks all win and St. Pierre gets an immediate rematch, I would pay damn good money to see Maia and Brown fight each other.

If he beats condit he definetly deserves a title shot imo.

Back