Dana White: "If Matt Brown Beats Carlos Condit, That Will Change His Life"

Condit will submit him in the second or third. Very tough fight Brown. He would've had a better chance against someone like Kampmann.

But, an upset would be interesting.

I really hope we see Maia vs Condit.

Too much non sense about Maia catching Condit on Sherdog.

Maia with a win deserves the next TS. If Maia loses and Brown wins give it to him, he's already beaten a guy better than GSP anyways.

He without a doubt deserves a shot if he beats condit that being said I don't see him beating Georges I think the best shot of that is throwing Maia in there and hope he gets a sub in 25 minutes so if Maia beats jake convincingly I won't be mad if they give him the shot and make brown wait

Simply not gonna happen, and Dana knows it..what a dick haha

So did Shields, and we all saw how that fight ended up a jab clinic.

shields has always had the wrestling bjj combo so its not like he had any sort of grappling edge vs gsp. nobody gave shields much of a shot. if maia dominates shields in graplling it will generate a lot of interest

but yeah if maia wins a lackluster decision i agree

He won't. He will will out classed, easily.

My gut says Brown is not on Condit's level, but he has every chance to prove me wrong. Matt Brown is awesome, and if he performs well in this fight then he has evolved into quite a fighter. It would mean he's really one of the best in the world at WW. The UFC will make the fight they want in the end, but how could you deny the guy that beat the clear #2 guy in the division.

Condit is a HUGE step up. If Brown beats Carlos that put him ahead of Maia in my books, and should face GSP. However he has very little chance and I much rather see Maia against the champ (If Big Rig doesn't KO him, which I still find unlikely).

Would be sick if he wins, but he won't win.

Matt is a cool dude. I've met him in person after he was on TUF. I'll certainly be cheering for him. Condit is just a bad match-up for any fighter he goes up against.

so is no one gonna talk about how much better looking Logan was than Arianny?

I think Brown is getting subbed within 2 rounds, but his recent run is nothing short of amazing. Win or lose vs. Condit he should still be proud of his career resurgence.

Condit is one of my favorite fighters... but I have to root for Matt in this one... him winning would be surreal...

Should be a FOTY candidate regardless

Unfortunately for Brown, his life will remain the same. Well, actually slightly worse after Condit blasts him.

If Browne beats him convincingly ie dominant decision or finish then I would definitely agree with him getting a title shot.

LOL @ people thinking Immortal has a hope in hell.

yeah just like people weren't giving gus a shot against jones and he gave him the fight of his life. brown most certainly has a chance. if condit is smart he'll take it to the ground asap. idt he will because it's not his style and the longer it stays on the feet the better chance brown has of scoring the upset. you can't deny that win or lose brown will give condit a fight. i really hope this fight goes 3 rds and gets fotn

Back