Dana White: "If Matt Brown Beats Carlos Condit, That Will Change His Life"

Brown should have gotten a title shot a long f*cking time ago. This guy is tearing sh*t up & ending fights. But most of you sissies would rather watch GSP and talk about how "athletic" he is. That's gay. I'd rather watch someone who can actually end a fight and tries to!

Brown vs Condit will be a poignant display of the difference between attitude and technique.

Brown should have gotten a title shot a long f*cking time ago. This guy is tearing sh*t up & ending fights. But most of you sissies would rather watch GSP and talk about how "athletic" he is. That's gay. I'd rather watch someone who can actually end a fight and tries to!

You're gay.

Brown should have gotten a shot a long time ago? For beating whom exactly? Pyle was considered a big step up for him, absolutely crushing bottom feeders in the stacked WW division wasn't going to get him there.

He was on the edge of being cut, ergo he was brought along slowly. How's seeing the sense in that 'gay'?

I fucking hate this fight. I do not want either guy to lose.

Condit is too crafty though. Brown will not beat him.

Condit is just too good. I really like Brown, but he won't win.

I agree. Condit is faster and more technical, besides being arguably just as tough. Brown is a super tough guy, incredible heart, etc. but it won't be enough to cancel out Condit's advantages, because Condit's pretty damned tough himself.

Really??? Quantity is no substitute for quality.. end of story... Brown has not beaten, more less finished anyone remotely relevant to the title picture... until someone finds a way to beat GSP, he is going to continue to hold his belt.. and giving a guy a title shot based upon the merits that he can end fights by cleaning out the bottom tier of the division, is hardly going to be the logic behind ending GSP's reign...

Diaz lost to Condit, got a title shot, Hendricks beat condit, got a title shot.

Matt Brown would get a title shot if he beats Condit. Especially as I can't see him decisioning him, he would have to somehow be the first man to KO Condit and that deserves a title shot IMO.

i hope brown does beat condit, never got into all the condit hype, plus the aftermath on here would be so tasty.

Condit gave GSP his most competitive fight since Matt Serra I. I'm not sure how anyone could think of Condit as just hype.

I would love to see brown vs gsp, but I don't see him beating condit though. Condits bjj will be the difference and wins by sub late in the fight.

I agree. Condit is faster and more technical, besides being arguably just as tough. Brown is a super tough guy, incredible heart, etc. but it won't be enough to cancel out Condit's advantages, because Condit's pretty damned tough himself.

Browns strengths:

Relentless
Tough
Heart
Finisher

Condit's strengths:

More relentless
Tougher
More heart
Finisher against much higher level opponents
Monster Cardio
Massive high level experience edge, especially lately

Unfortunately for Brown, Carlos is like his superior mirror image with more technical striking, superior grappling and unstoppable cardio.

If Brown pulls it off, title shot for sure, although beating Carlos is not really great prep to fight GSP / Hendricks.

Its crazy, but, ...... IN A MAIN EVENT.............................................

Carlos beats Mia.......

IN A NON MAIN EVENT.......................................................

Mia maybe beats Carlos.

IF MATT BROWN WINS.........

HE GETS HIS CHANCE!!!!

Ya, he's so sloppy that he only has the highest significant strike accuracy % in the whole division :rolleyes:

Really? Interesting stat.. even though he hasn't really fought any of the elites yet.

don't get me wrong, I am rooting for him, but you are going to tell me that guy isn't sloppy? He just looks like he leaves himself wide open.

Condit is going to wreck this guy....can't wait to see the reactions on here.

Beating Condit justifies getting a shot. Beating Condit to top off the run he's on should be a guaranteed shot

That's what I think too.

If he demolishes Condit then I don't see how you can deny him. If he wins with less than that then I would say one more fight.

Matt Brown is a pretty neat fella. I wish he wasn't fighting Condit because I personally wouldn't like to see either lose right now but oh well.

As long as guys like Maia and Shields get their shots thwarted, I'm happy. Can't stand either guy.

What I truly love about him is he hasnt forgot where he came from, trains about an hour from my house, comes to the local promotions fights, goes backstage and talks with the fighters and anyone who comes up to him. Really down to earth guy, never seen him turn anyone away at the shows, or act superior to any of the fighters there. Will always root for him after seeing him with the fans.

If he beats Condit... How do you not consider him the next guy. If Condit and Rory win... I hope we finally get the rematch..

Back