• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Dana White has someone picked out to replace him...

I’ve said for a while his successor will probably be nothing like Dana. Will likely be much less outspoken and more behind the scenes. Somebody like Dana is controversial and is only in that position because of what he’s done for the company. Highly unlikely they bring in anybody else like that.
Yeah, wouldn’t want to actually have someone who people care to listen to speak. Much better to have the quiet, behind the scenes type to promote the organization……

It’s kinda crazy to me that people give Dana all that credit for where the ufc is when Dana himself was a beneficiary of the ferrite’s know how and contacts in Vegas, Dana would never be where he is if he weren’t a friend of the ferritas, those guys are the ones that put the ufc on the map, Dana is a lucky Buffon who got famous for saying “fuck” too much on tv and, I have to admit, such behavior helped the popularity of the UFC. He did his part and he still plays it well.

But he alone isn’t capable of launching a hot dog stand, much less a multimillion fight promotion.

Yeah, wouldn’t want to actually have someone who people care to listen to speak. Much better to have the quiet, behind the scenes type to promote the organization……

Lots of sports have presidents that are more business like and behind the scenes including boxing and other mma promotions.

There are so many people ahead of Stann on the corporate ladder. Actually being a fighter is, I can assure you, probably in the lower 2% of matters of priority in considering candidates for executive positions in a company of this size and publicity.

Of course, I'm discussing this with someone who began his retort with "bro."

There are many people ahead on the corporate ladder but it's not as if they are definitely going for a random competent suit.

"There is no school for fight promotion" - uncle chael.

Hence Dana White and Eddie Hearn

The position requires a specific set of attributes that an outsider would not necessarily just be able to acquire.

An impulsive, persuasive, macro thinker with a natural aversion towards micromanagement wiith a certain level of disagreeableness, experience in this unique particular industry who is comfortable with 70 hour work weeks

That being said it's obviously hunter..

Last edited:
Is Dana about to walk away then? Doesnt he know the best promoters go on untill they hit at least 90+?

:rustled:

Conor fan reaction when they know it's not him.

If this guy is smart, he will get a mouthpiece for himself. Like a DC or something. Or better yet, just put chael in the spot
DC cant do it. He'd take things too personal and wind up fighting someone.

Chael is perfect for that role.

Khabib

Hopefully Khabib's first act is to get rid of WMMA

The WWE will take them in, if their willing to play by the rules. WooOOOOooo!

flairlita.gif

images

OrganicNippyFieldspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Most likely when/if Dana goes we'll see a shift to some more backroom person taking over formally as CEO or whatever and then there will be a "spokesperson" role created with someone taking on Dana's PR job, probably an ex fighter.

What a day that will be, love him or hate him he is the UFC. In a interview (in the video) Dana say's that even if he told us who no one would even know the guy, he's completely under the radar.

For those who don't want to watch MMA On Point's video here's the recap:

Hunter Campbell
View attachment 919079

He does ALL the fighter contract negotiation, even the biggest stars.
He is a part of match making.
He handles tons of legal matters.
Pretty much he's involved in almost everything that dana is involved in except for the promoting.

Whoa. Didn't expect him to be so young

If he goes internal, I was thinking Craig Borsari. He's been the VP of ops, production and content for years but he has almost no media presence. He has less than 1,000 followers on Instagram.

The issue is there may be a lot of people qualified to be president of the UFC from a purely executive/administrative perspective. I don't know that those people will be qualified promoters and storytellers.

If he goes internal, I was thinking Craig Borsari. He's been the VP of ops, production and content for years but he has almost no media presence. He has less than 1,000 followers on Instagram.

The issue is there may be a lot of people qualified to be president of the UFC from a purely executive/administrative perspective. I don't know that those people will be qualified promoters and storytellers.

Again really what I suspect you might see a clearer spilting of roles, I think most would agree Dana has always been a bit of a figurehead and has moved more towards being so over the years but I suspect if he retires we might see a divide between it being made clearer someone is running the show from the backroom and that theres a PR figurehead out front, probably called "UFC spokesperson" or something.

Back