Dana White: "Gilbert Melendez will probably get Lightweight title shot right away."

or maybe they thought Gil lost his last fight.

i have no problems with this as long as it happens in April and Pettis(if he beats Cowboy) doesnt have to wait past July/August.

Or the fact that he's pulled out of his last title defense twice.

I'd rather see him Vs. Cowboy purely for entertainment.

I would enjoy that.

Melendez has been ranked in the top 10 in the division, and p4p longer than everyone currently in the top 10 has been competing in this sport. He's been ranked #1 and the champ at both 145 and 155...

He deserves the shot more than anyone.

Melendez has been ranked in the top 10 in the division, and p4p longer than everyone currently in the top 10 has been competing in this sport. He's been ranked #1 and the champ at both 145 and 155...

Droppin knowledge.

It's easier to be at the top of your promotion if you are fighting mid-tier competition. Granted, I think Gil has had some fantastic fights, but I think he needs at least one fight in the UFC before he gets a title shot. I nominate Healy.

Anyone who has a problem with that is an idiot

Melendez is the most overrated fighter in MMA.

Sorry Pettis/Cerrone, whatever Dana says goes. Until he says something else. And then something else again.

It's easier to be at the top of your promotion if you are fighting mid-tier competition. Granted, I think Gil has had some fantastic fights, but I think he needs at least one fight in the UFC before he gets a title shot. I nominate Healy.

We're certainly going to get to see just how "mid tier" the likes of Thomson, and Masvidal are since they are coming. The talk is over.

He's beat the very best and top ranked fighters in various eras of this sport. He's gone virtually undefeated.

He's well beyond some type of UFC litmus test. He's already fought on stages bigger than that in his career.

Best match-up available.

Also:

Shields had a shot

Nick had a shot, has another one

Nate had a shot

Gil gets a shot

There should never be any whining from that camp.

We're certainly going to get to see just how "mid tier" the likes of Thomson, and Masvidal are since they are coming. The talk is over.

He's beat the very best and top ranked fighters in various eras of this sport. He's gone virtually undefeated.

He's well beyond some type of UFC litmus test. He's already fought on stages bigger than that in his career.

When we are talking in terms of competition JMMA does not qualify as "bigger stages".

The problem with Gil is he was dominant in SF.That's not proof that he can hang in the ufc.

Best match-up available.

Also:

Shields had a shot

Nick had a shot, has another one

Nate had a shot

Gil gets a shot

There should never be any whining from that camp.

And lets not forget Ronda was just given a belt.

Sounds cool. He has the tools to give Bendo a tough fight.

Cesar Gracie must have something incriminating on Dana.

If Pettis wins big at the next Fox show, I think he'll get the next shot. If he loses or has a bad fight I think they'll slot in Melendez. Either way I think Bendo is fighting again in May.

i dont even think ravden himself can defend all these gil haters.most these guys been only watching ufc like 2 years

Back