Dana White: "Gilbert Melendez will probably get Lightweight title shot right away."

Has potential to be a phenominal fight. No doubt about it that Gil deserves the shot.

book it right now!

Bendo via total domination

tumblr_mfd3nbjfxW1rxbdtjo1_250.gif

and i'm not even a melendez fan.

I'm sorry but only a troll thinks Gilbert is #1 right now. This are the same trolls who think Aoki is GOAT lw or #1 at any point.

I'm a Gilbert fan but you can tell he is weak just like the rest of his team and he will get rag dolled by guys like Bendo and Gray.

melendez has very good wrestling, unlike either diaz brother. his jiu jutsu is just as good as henderson's, and his striking is on par as well. it should be a close, competitive fight.

if Gil comes out the way he did in the last Thomson fight and Masvidal fight, then he probably will get dominated.

that's a big "if". i think that strikeforce's imminent demise was preying on his mind, as well as the possibility/probability of going over to the ufc. he may have looked past his opponents (big mistake) and underestimated them. i doubt he makes the same mistake vs henderson. he may not win, but he won't be getting destroyed.

the first fight was definitely not close enough to go either way though and i never said it invalidated what happened in the 2nd fight, just stated my opinion that it shouldnt have happened. Ben got the decision in the 2nd fight though, so it is what it is.

if u read my first post i said i was fine with Gil getting the shot as long as it happens soon and Pettis doesnt have to wait 8 months to fight him(if he were to beat Cerrone) because hes coming off almost a year layoff.

The majority of MMA outlets had Edgar winning in the live scoring. That on its own would suggest that the fight wasn't a blowout. Justify rounds 1, 3 or 5 conclusively for Bendo and I might agree that there was it was "defenitely not close enough".

melendez has very good wrestling, unlike either diaz brother. his jiu jutsu is just as good as henderson's, and his striking is on par as well. it should be a close, competitive fight.
Keep drinking the kool-aid buddy. Henderson is gonna maul Gilbert in a one sided beat down just like his teammate.

that's a big "if". i think that strikeforce's imminent demise was preying on his mind, as well as the possibility/probability of going over to the ufc. he may have looked past his opponents (big mistake) and underestimated them. i doubt he makes the same mistake vs henderson. he may not win, but he won't be getting destroyed.

He went into that fight with a back injury, Thomson is also capable of beating any LW in the world when he's on his game and not injured. I don't think people realize how good Gil is, avenged both his career losses and he's never been finished. Guy was in the P4P talks back in like 2007, lately he's just been fighting a bunch of guys who are a combination of very tough and underrated in the sense that they don't have the same name value a lot of the guys in the UFC do. Bendo might win, but it wouldn't come easy and he wouldn't dominate.

Keep drinking the kool-aid buddy. Henderson is gonna maul Gilbert in a one sided beat down just like his teammate.

what kool aid? i already made it clear that i'm not even a melendez fan; i'll probably be rooting for henderson if the match up ever happens. however, i'm not an idiot, or a blind nut hugger. melendez has some serious skills, and he can match benson anywhere in the octagon. it should be a fun, close fight.

The majority of MMA outlets had Edgar winning in the live scoring. That on its own would suggest that the fight wasn't a blowout. Justify rounds 1, 3 or 5 conclusively for Bendo and I might agree that there was it was "defenitely not close enough".

the majority of mma outlets are more likely to go with who they think the judges picked as opposed to who the criteria would have winning. that's why they'd award a round to edgar despite the fact that he got outstruck just because he scored 1 or 2 td's. they probably were under the illusion that that would win him the round.

long story short: mma outlet "judging" can be just as bad, if not worse than real judging.

the majority of mma outlets are more likely to go with who they think the judges picked as opposed to who the criteria would have winning. that's why they'd award a round to edgar despite the fact that he got outstruck just because he scored 1 or 2 td's. they probably were under the illusion that that would win him the round.

long story short: mma outlet "judging" can be just as bad, if not worse than real judging.

Okay. You still haven't explained how Bendo easily won that fight or the rounds 1, 3 and 5.

After Aldo finishes Edgar in first round, he will move up to LW and take the title whoever is the champ at that time.

That said i wanna see Bendo vs Melendez.

Back