Dana White - 'fake **** (WWE) should be $9.99'

Back in the 90's no one knew for sure if Wrestling was fake. People assumed, but never could figure everything out.

It was exposed in the 2000's. Once kayfabe died, everyone moved on to the real shit.

Just like Brock Lesnar said, "Wrestling's fake.. This is real." and he beat the FUCK out of Frank Mir. Literally bashed his fucking face in till it looked like Jam and enjoyed doing it.

I'd rather make that in 1-2 fights in the UFC than be a pro-wrestler on the road all the time.

Yeah, it`s not an easy life, that`s for damn sure.

Considering all the people a fighter has to pay though, it might be decent trade off.

Back in the 90's no one knew for sure if Wrestling was fake. People assumed, but never could figure everything out.

It was exposed in the 2000's. After the Attitude era. Once kayfabe died, everyone moved on to the real shit.

Is that why the WWE still makes more money than the UFC?

Dana is right here. There was a lot of talk at the time that the WWE was devaluing their product by only charging $9.99. The WWE's problem was they had too many PPVs and combined with having so many free shows, no one was buying them other than the big shows.

What they should have done was $9.99 for WWE Network and you get all of the minor PPVs a year. The 4 big ones, you get a discount but they are still on PPV. They lose massive money now on shows like Wrestlemania and Summerslam since the casual fans that previously bought them only have to pay $9.99 rather than $60-70.

UFC's PPVs are the bread and butter of their business. As much as I would pay $9.99 a month for all of their stuff, it would literally kill their company.

Those are hardly fair examples. Mark Henry was signed to a ridiculous contract right off the bat, because he was a world record holding Olympian. Kane is a future HOFer.

To be fair, you should be looking up guys like Kofi Kingston, or Adam Rose.

Overall though, I think WWE is far more generous. Even the NXT guys make around $40,000 a year.

Apparently, Kofi contract is about 250k/yr. Ziggler is about 500k. The Miz is 700k ffs. All guys typically to be found on the midcard. And they probably get sponsorship money, and a percent of merch sales on top of that. A typical UFC midcarder might be barely clearing 6 figures in guaranteed money.

And aren't the NXT guys basically just trying to earn a spot on the roster? When they start paying TUF guys 40k, let me know.

I've always thought it funny that people pay to watch a WWE 'pay per view' as if it were an actual sporting competition or something.

Still, I get the idea, it's entertainment and they're paying for entertainment, nothing new, but the pretension of sporting legitimacy in the concept of a 'WWE PPV' amuses me.

Apparently, Kofi contract is about 250k/yr. Ziggler is about 500k. The Miz is 700k ffs. All guys typically to be found on the midcard. And they probably get sponsorship money, and a percent of merch sales on top of that. A typical UFC midcarder might be barely clearing 6 figures in guaranteed money.

And aren't the NXT guys basically just trying to earn a spot on the roster? When they start paying TUF guys 40k, let me know.

I wasn`t disputing anything, just saying that two WWE 15-20 year veterans who have had their fair share of the ME spotlight, should not be comparable to scrubs in the UFC.

I've always thought it funny that people pay to watch a WWE 'pay per view' as if it were an actual sporting competition or something.

I didn`t realize that the only entertainment people pay for are legitimate sporting events. I better cancel that fake ass HBO subscrption I`ve got. Movie tickets? Never again.

It was exposed in the 2000's. Once kayfabe died, everyone moved on to the real shit.

Just like Brock Lesnar said, "Wrestling's fake.. This is real." and he beat the FUCK out of Frank Mir. Literally bashed his fucking face in till it looked like Jam and enjoyed doing it.

Who thought it was real?

The first time I watched wrestling as a kid my dad told me it was fake.

I wasn`t disputing anything, just saying that two WWE 15-20 year veterans who have had their fair share of the ME spotlight, should not be comparable to scrubs in the UFC.

Fair enough, but from the top of the roster to the bottom, WWE guys are clearly better compensated than their UFC counterparts.

lol I think you got your decades off by 10 years

Dana is right here. There was a lot of talk at the time that the WWE was devaluing their product by only charging $9.99. The WWE's problem was they had too many PPVs and combined with having so many free shows, no one was buying them other than the big shows.

What they should have done was $9.99 for WWE Network and you get all of the minor PPVs a year. The 4 big ones, you get a discount but they are still on PPV. They lose massive money now on shows like Wrestlemania and Summerslam since the casual fans that previously bought them only have to pay $9.99 rather than $60-70.

UFC's PPVs are the bread and butter of their business. As much as I would pay $9.99 a month for all of their stuff, it would literally kill their company.

Except they are making more revenue off their network now than they were with their PPV model

Wtf? Everybody knew wrestling was fake in the 90s. Everybody knew it was fake in the 80s as well, it's just that Vinnie Mac had to admit that it wasn't a real sport to avoid being regulated by the athletic commissions. That was like 88 or 89. You seriously think people over the age of 7 though Stone Cold or the Rock were fighting for real?

Dana shouldn't be talking shit about how much certain ppv's are worth. Haven't watched wrestling in forever but as I remember they left the squash matches on free TV, not headlining a $60 ppv

lol at all the pro wrestling neckbeards coming out in force to defend their shitty psuedo sport.

You're asking me if I'm sensitive after you had a reaction to someone liking WWE? Nice one.

I simply poked fun at a random WWE fan on an MMA forum criticizing MMA... obviously it struck close to home for you kid...

So whos your favorite "fighter" bud... John Cena or The Underaker perhaps?:icon_lol:

Incidentally, most real sports don't use the PPV model to begin with.

You mean, the sports that don't belong at the top of pantheon? The best competition sports (i.e. fighting sports) are all about PPV.

Back