News Dana White confirms Jon Jones vs. Stipe Miocic at UFC 309 on Nov. 16 from MSG

Who Wins?

• Total voters
"If he wins there's no way in hell he's not fighting Aspinall" = "if he wins he is definitely not going to fight Aspinall."

I do not care about charles vs. chandler 2, and I care even less about Jones vs. stipe. I clearly am not the kind of fan that the UFC is targeting lately.

<WhitmanDefeat>

I ain't paying to watch elder abuse, and hopefully everyone else follows suit

Worst title fight since Bisping v GSP

Both were fun fights but neither represent the champion of the division.

If Stipe gets injured, that just means Jones is waiting until mid 2025 to fight Stipe.
Well, at least Tom knows when his next fight might be.

I am certain Tom stayed fight-ready after Blaydes, and the UFC will have a damn near impossible time doing social media gymnastics trying to justify delaying the Jones/Miocic fight instead of slotting in the healthy, reigning (and defending) interim HW champ.

I don't see how the UFC can even get away without stripping Jones if he ducks a healthy Aspinall while a hurt Stipe sorts out his life. If the "champ" is healthy and ready to go, Tom is ready to go but Stipe isn't... and Jones or the UFC bitches out, they deserve all the ridicule they will have earned. Dana or the UFC publicly naming Aspinall as the back up fighter is a valuable chance for Dana to regain some control over one of his biggest prima donna's, and right the HW division at the same time.

Put Jones on notice and tell him he's fighting who's ready to go on that date and let's end all this fan fuckery.

I know Stipe is a fighter, and he'll always have that "Rocky" underdog gnawing feeling that eats away at aging fighters longing for that last shot at glory. If Stipe is healthy, he will go out on his sword or his shield. It just sucks donkey balls this fight never happened when it actually mattered. 4 or 5 years ago, when both were at the top of their games (physically) it would have been a huge deal.

This is just some fucking PR joke to hype Jon at Stipe's expense now, and if I am honest, I hope something happens where Stipe is forced out of the fight and officially into retirement. I ilke Miocic, and I wouldn't want anything ill to happen to him, just something enough for him to say, "I want to, but...". It would be a shame to watch his career end being used as a sacrficial lamb only to herald a HW fraud, lol.

And when Jones does go out and batter Miocic, calls it a career and lays the gloves down in the center of the octagon, he will certainly have made his mark on the UFC's legacy. But if Jones does lay them down forever, after waiting out Francis and ducking Aspinall, yet continue to pretend he's the greatest of all time.. he'll spend the rest of his life fighting with 12 year olds on social media and forever be dogged with that reputation.

I hope Sipe wins convincingly or that either one of them gets injured, and the fight never happens. Jones deserves to go out on a bad loss, such as getting starched by Aspinall or Pavlovich. Hopefully jail is not too far away from that either.

Fuck this fight and its beyond-apparent attempt to try and be a cheap-ass hollow GOAT commercial from a desperate and defensive promoter.

"Where the best fight the best" fucking lol

Somebody should make a list of all the people saying how much they don’t care and won’t watch and then chech what they write after the fight. As if anyone will miss a Jon Jones fight.
Mental midgets really struggle with simple concepts like this. I don't blame you for being born dumb. It's not your fault.

Those of us that dislike pictogram will watch on the off chance he loses to grandpa Stipe. But it doesn't mean we agree with the matchup. Thinking is hard, I know.

Jones retires before he fights Aspinall im pretty sure
I think Jon Jones is too much of a narcissist to simply retire. He's not going to do the honorable thing like GSP and vacate the belt after deciding to retire.

He will hold the belt hostage for a year and constantly drunk tweet teasing random matchups and ducking Aspinall, until the UFC is forced to strip him of the title. Then (before they can strip him) he will suddenly vacate the belt after the division has been held up for a year.

You know I'm right.

What a goddamn waste of time. I don't like either guy, but I hope Mumbles My Old Chick wrecks Jon badly. For Aspinall it shouldn't matter who wins because he'd beat both of those guys on the same night. My only fear if Jon does lose, is that Uncle Fester will book an immediate rematch so Jones doesn't have to retire on a loss.

If I were Tom, I’d walk into the octagon after the fight, confront Jon, tell him “leave my belt here before you walk your ass out or fight me you coward”, and then push Jon Jones in the chest🥏

RDT-20240914-1908191440221747200753024.webp

Jones is taking this fight because it's against a retired 42 year old who hasn't fought since he lost 3.5 years ago. Jones thinks it's an easy fight worth waiting for.

Back