Is Jon Jones the Most Blatant Example of a Champ Ducking Ever?

Absolutely they have, but vacate the belt if you want to chase gimmick fights and let the best fight the best for the belt
I agree with that statement but Jon did win the HW title fair and square to the most worthy contender available at the time. He is ready to fight and has been ready to fight for at least a few months.

Don't worry this will all be over soon. Aspinall can wait till November where he'll be promoted to champion and he can fight Gane volkov winner in his second defense

Jones vacating the belt and fighting stipe for bragging rights changes NOTHING for tom aspinall. He will still be promoted to champion and he will still be fighting Gane Vs volkov winner in his next fight. So just sit tight.

Tito Chuck, prime years duck, with jokes, he’s at the end

I am ducking my mother in law for years. It is almost time for a confrontation, but I’ll give it a few more years. I guess I’ll be safe when she hits 80. Jon is nowhere near. There are levels to this.

Jon is the most blatant everything.

*Most blatant cheat. ✅
*Most blatant cherry picker.✅
*Most blatant fake guy.✅
*Most blatant closeted gay man.✅
Screenshot_2024-06-13-02-25-18-00_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

I agree with that statement but Jon did win the HW title fair and square to the most worthy contender available at the time. He is ready to fight and has been ready to fight for at least a few months.

Don't worry this will all be over soon. Aspinall can wait till November where he'll be promoted to champion and he can fight Gane volkov winner in his second defense

Jones vacating the belt and fighting stipe for bragging rights changes NOTHING for tom aspinall. He will still be promoted to champion and he will still be fighting Gane Vs volkov winner in his next fight. So just sit tight.

Are you pretending that Tom winning the belt ofJon is the same as just getting the vacated belt handed to him?

The difference in exposure, legacy building and monetary gains is huge between the two.

Are you pretending that Tom winning the belt ofJon is the same as just getting the vacated belt handed to him?

The difference in exposure, legacy building and monetary gains is huge between the two.
I'm not sure why any of that is relevant to the discussion at all.

Jones isn't fighting tom aspinall because it does nothing for his legacy that's why, I understand it does something for tom but it does nothing for Jones. So why would Jones do that? He's fighting his retirement fight.

I'm not sure why any of that is relevant to the discussion at all.

Jones isn't fighting tom aspinall because it does nothing for his legacy that's why, I understand it does something for tom but it does nothing for Jones. So why would Jones do that? He's fighting his retirement fight.

Because you just said "Jones vacating the belt and fighting stipe for bragging rights changes NOTHING for tom aspinall."

So why say that of you think it's not relevant?

While it does change a whole lot for Tom, like I said.

Because you just said "Jones vacating the belt and fighting stipe for bragging rights changes NOTHING for tom aspinall."

So why say that of you think it's not relevant?

While it does change a whole lot for Tom, like I said.

It changes nothing. Tom aspinalls next fight will be against the winner of gane Vs volkov. It will be for the undisputed title. You realize Jones fights in like 2 months right? Jones relinquishing the title today does not change any of this.

I don't think he is ducking Tom. The UFC needs to pay him enough to take the fight though. He is pretty much set on retiring after the Stipe fight. He isn't going to take regular pay for the Aspinall fight. Jon's legacy is pretty much set in stone even with a loss to stipe.

It changes nothing. Tom aspinalls next fight will be against the winner of game Vs volkov. You realize Jones fights in like 2 months right?

So having the (very significant) chance of putting a W over a GOAT candidate on your resume, getting all the media exposure and the PPV points that go with that is the same as just fighting Volkov or Gane, who aren't particularly well known and definitely don't have a comparable legacy to Jon.

You understand money and legacy are two of the biggest motivating factors for fighters to go into and stay in MMA right?
But you are just 'straight faced' trying to tell me that's just "NOTHING"...

Last edited:
Aren't we done with this discussion given Jones has said what he has said all along recently, that he would fight Stipe and quit? It's kind of like talking about water being wet.

How about a good butt instead of commenting on this:
qBULv74.gif

No. Not even close.

GDR turning down Cyborg. Tito dodged Chuck for ages. Bisping took two payday fights over fighting a top contender.

Jones is booked against the guy he was "booked" against the night he won the belt. I think Jon wants a big fight against a guy with a legacy and a name that casuals know.

I think Jon sees Tom as the flavor of the week (bear in mind a few months ago you all swore Sergie was the guy and Jon was Blatnantly ducking him). If Tom lost a fight tomorrow, you'd all move on to the next name and say Jon is ducking them.

So having the (very significant) chance of putting a W over a GOAT candidate on your resume, getting all the media exposure and the PPV points that go with that is the same as just fighting Volkov or Gane, who aren't particularly well known and definitely don't have a comparable legacy to Jon.

You understand money and legacy are two of the biggest motivating factors for fighters to go into and stay in MMA right?
But you are just 'straight faced' trying to tell me that's just "NOTHING"...
I'm not sure you're following the conversation of the person that i was replying to you or anything but no one (in the conversation that i am having) is suggesting that jones fight aspinall. the suggestion was that Jones should vacate the title so tom can be undisputed. with that I agree.

Tom is not fighting jones. I am navigating the discussion under this pretense.

so to be clear, Once again, no one is talking about jones vs tom. We're talking about Jones vs Stipe in a non title fight.

I never once said Or insiuated, that Tom beating jones would be the same as him beating gane vs volkov winner. I only ever said that Jones vs Stipe in a non title bout does not change anything for tom other than him becoming HW champion 2 months sooner. his opponent for his second defense will not change. neither will when that fight takes place.

I really hope that helps you out here.

Ducked rematches with Reyes and Santos, ducked Ngannoi, ducked Tom.

Definately the worst duck ever but gets away with it because he's Dana's boy.

Dan Henderson was 46 years old and moved up to rank 13 or 14(?) before fighting Bisping for a second time. The dude was in no condition to be anywhere near the title by that point. Then Bisping expertly pulled out with injuries and excuses until the fight with GSP materialized

Back