News Dana White confirms Israel Adesanya will challenge Jan Blachowicz for light heavyweight title

easy fight for izzy

giphy.gif

Why the fuck is he going to 205 and fighting anyone not named Jones? Who even asked for a fight with him and Jan? Izzy is lame if he takes this fight and not a fight with Jones after running his mouth about him forever.

At least he's going up and fighting for the belt and Jan just KO'd the guy that everyone said Jones lost to.

Sill better than Jones saying he'd move up to HW for the past 5 years.

Who is Whittaker going to fight?

Costa?

Seems like a no win situation for him.

MW getting roadblocked again

His wife is giving birth in 2 months I think.

Probably the reason why he wasn't chomping at the bit to get an immediate title shot against Izzy.

Yawn. This slows things down in the MW division, and I want to see Jan vs Santos at LHW.

Halfway through the thread but someone else can confirm that Izzy fought at heavyweight in kickboxing at times. How heavy is that?

Why the fuck is he going to 205 and fighting anyone not named Jones? Who even asked for a fight with him and Jan? Izzy is lame if he takes this fight and not a fight with Jones after running his mouth about him forever.
He wants the 2 Belts mang.

Adesanya will jab him, kick his legs and just pick him apart. Jan will out of frustration charge in, exactly as he did against Santos. Jan has power but Izzy has the movement not to get hit with powershots.

Jones is a heavyweight

The worst LHW champ in decades who hasn’t defended his belt once against a MW who still has A LOT to prove in his own division? I honestly think Jan will take it though, but this is a stupid fight that I wouldn’t mind down the road but it makes no sense whatsoever for it to happen now.

Dana re-writing history again...I've been nothing but be good to Anderson Silva?...He has shitted on Silva many times before...after only one or two boring fights and most of it wasn't his fault...in fact, Dana's mouth is what got Forrest Griffin embarrassed the way he did. Dana is a real piece of work...and by work I mean shit

This is happening in part because 185 and 205 dont have any exciting challengers at the moment. And of course Dana will do anything for some extra buck$ in 2020

Last edited:
lol Israel @ trying to take out an easy champ.. hope he gets KTFO as a result

You know he wouldn't have the balls to go up if Jon was still champ

And YES Jan is an easy champ.. great story but lets be real a few years ago with Jones, Cormier, Bader, Rumble.. even the likes of Glover around he would not get a sniff of the belt (and didn't)

Finally someone ought to test Izzy grappling. It will be fun to see how Izzy handles it.

Jan has sound all-aroundness. Technically proficient. Easy better catch him coming in or he will be going fast to the canvas.

Whether Jan can keep him down, I have no idea...

He could do both. If Izzy is a double champ (inc. Jon's rightful belt) and fighting against Jon, the hype would be crazy. It would also be extra motivation for Jon to actually take the Izzy fight instead of a HW (title) fight.

Back