News Dana White confirms Israel Adesanya will challenge Jan Blachowicz for light heavyweight title

Casuals need to learn what a “Superfight” is, thinking it’s champ vs champ, pfft.

A superfight example is Anderson vs Jones, GSP vs Anderson etc.

Casuals even thought Conor vs Eddie was a Suoerfight, noooope.

Lol. Maybe, you know, defend your own title more than 2 times before going up for another one? Lol and Jan not even being champ for a month and now he's gonna defend against another champ? UFC is grasping at straws, everything need to be a superfight. No legitimacy.
Like the first double champ Conor did?

lol i bet jon jones is pissed off and kicking himself right now, he got served a plate of comeuppance.

No, Israel has like 2 defenses

I'm not sure how well your historical MMA knowledge is but there was a little organisation named Pride that once existed. Also, who else should Israel fight considering Whittaker is the 1# contender who is reluctant to fight, plus Israel has just beaten.

I like jan but this match upp is horrible for him , izzy Will make it look easy

Could be a bad move for Izzy, Jan is a powerful dude, dangerous fight imo.

The UFC should just have an open weight belt at this point and label it the real BMF belt.

And Jan will most likely win. He put up a dominant performance against Reyes(who beat Jones), has shown good improvement, and the fight will take away Adesanya's reach advantage from MW. Polish Power will get the KO.

Don't know the result but for sure Jan will put up a better fight than Costa.
I wonder if it will be boring though. Because you either got counter attack knocked out by Adesanya, or it will be boring fight because you won't give what Adesanya wants, and it goes to decision then.

They need a high level wrestler to beat Adesanya, while Jan is not a bad wrestler, but he is not that good at all.

Could be a bad move for Izzy, Jan is a powerful dude, dangerous fight imo.
It's a perfect fight for Adesanya, I see ony two scenarios;

- Jan tries to put pressure on Adesanya, or try to outsrike him, gets knocked out early because of Adesanya's perfect counter strikes and longer reach
- Jan does the right thing, fights defensively, doesn't give what Adesanya wants, Adesanya outstrike him with leg kicks from distance and takes the win by decision in a boring fight.

I don't see Jan is winning, but I am guessing that he will give more trouble than that Costa, who fought without any game plan. That could lead to a boring fight though.

Last edited:
Jan is being slept on, but Izzy should win this fight, would be pretty funny if Jan pulled off another big upset.

Back