News Dana White confirms Israel Adesanya will challenge Jan Blachowicz for light heavyweight title

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Fatback96, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Fatback96 Brown Belt

2. Tyr XIII Real Pain To My Sham Friends

I feel like Israel will make this look easy

3. Blanqa Blanqua Sherdog God Belt

BOOM!

Now lets see what Bones has to say about this

<bball2>

<Dany07>

Skuhf, RichyN, peterparker66 and 13 others like this.
  4. MGS Her name is Dakota Skye

Lol. Maybe, you know, defend your own title more than 2 times before going up for another one? Lol and Jan not even being champ for a month and now he's gonna defend against another champ? UFC is grasping at straws, everything need to be a superfight. No legitimacy.

5. Dorkman Silver Belt

Wonder if he plans to put on any weight. If he dosen't feel like he'd come in at like 195lbs.
    Although normally i'd agree. With the way things have worked out with whittaker knocking off what people thought was the next contender, and Whittaker willing to wait out Israel doing 205 it seems like it's fine. Top 5 at MW is Bobby, Costa, Cannonier, Hermanson and Romero. Costa just got iced by the champ, Cannonier just got hard blocked by Bobby, Hermanson is in no position to really be legitimately challenging in the near future. And neither is Romero given he also lost to the champion, and hasn't won in ages. Till also needs time to put wins together. And past that Brunson, Gastellum, and Weidman would all have to be a good 3-4 good wins at least in a row away from hoping for a title shot. So Robert is really the only challenger so what are we really missing if Robert is fine with Israel Challenging Jan?

6. JKS 77+&--#rT....

Interesting fight. I think if Jan cracks him he'll put Izzy out cold. Izzy's chin wont be able to take that power.

7. dominion Green Belt

Brass balls move by Izzy. Like him or not.

MeanStreets, DLX, Tibbles and 28 others like this.
  8. AJ Garcia Level 10 Keyboard warrior Professional Fighter

Why the fuck is he going to 205 and fighting anyone not named Jones? Who even asked for a fight with him and Jan? Izzy is lame if he takes this fight and not a fight with Jones after running his mouth about him forever.

9. DebtCollectorMMA Green Belt

Juju vs forest.

10. Blanqa Blanqua Sherdog God Belt

or...

Jones left knowing Izzy was coming

<BC1>

11. JSN choo-CHOO!

Champ vs champ is beyond ridiculous at this point, but it would for sure be a fun fight.

12. Feardafighta1126 Blue Belt

Wtfff... beyond stupid.

the golden era of mma has gone. Now we have the circus freak fights to grab money. Pathetic.

13. Dirge Silver Belt

That's fucking stupid.

Jan just literally won the belt.

Adesanya has had exactly 2 title defenses.

How about they both fight in their division for a bit. Jan can't move down to 185 so what happens to Israel's belt if Jan wins?

If Israel wins he's going to defend both belts? Makes no sense at all.

If Israel wants to move up to 205 and relinquish his 185 belt to go after a 205 belt that's fine but this champ champ shit is simplyl... shit. Conor proved it best.

14. ElLunico Purple Belt

that's a very dangerous fight. Jan actually has legit KO power and although he not the fastest guy out there he is good at placing his shots.

As a fan of Izzy that's the kind of fight that will keep me on the edge of my seat because I know Jan can shut Adesanya's light out with 1 punch.

MeanStreets, Kwic, D-Volt and 7 others like this.
  15. MescalineDreams Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

That's crazy

They're backing Jones into a corner

I'm 90% certain Jones wins the HW title. If all goes according to plan, we may end up with another GOAT candidate and first 3 division champ.

I said it long before Izzy became champ that stylistically he may pose a threat to Jon down the road.

315MMAFighter likes this.
  16. Huligani Number One Bullshit

Dana says that Whittaker said he doesn't want to fight Adesanya, even though Whittaker really said the only fight that makes sense for him is Adesanya. What Dana should've said is that Whittaker doesn't want to fight until March/April because he's having another kid in January. Dana being Dana.

17. MescalineDreams Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Yeah, no.

Hes fought far more dangerous guys.

Jan has power, great left hook, improved boxing but hes predictable and stationary.

A movement , counter and chess match style of fighter will eat Jan up. Especially at that level. All due respect.

18. dominion Green Belt

Because if he holds Jon's lhw belt, Jon would have to come to him. It's psychological.

19. Tevfik1907 Orange Belt

It could be better than Costa fight if Blachowicz can utilize his wrestling and judo somehow.

20. ElLunico Purple Belt

Dont get me wrong Adesanya would be the favourite but Jan is a lot more dangerous than any of those MW's who by the way Adesanya has beat anyway lol.

It's not like Izzy has any more exciting fights on the horizon at MW. Nobody wants to see Whitaker rematch.

Jan's size, power and length is going is not easy to deal with