News Dana White confirms Israel Adesanya will challenge Jan Blachowicz for light heavyweight title

Izzy about to become champ champ and place himself among greats

I believe he will also defend the 205 title

Love him or hate him, he's legit

Best striker in ufc and with Khabib retired currently best fighter imo

I see this type of shit happening all over again.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2.gif
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz31.gif
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz1.gif

Khamzat Chimaev reaction on losing the potential fight against Izzy. The realization of when his prey has slipped

giphy-downsized.gif

Ridiculous, just make champs defend their belts, instead of all this moving around nonsense. No one can even get more than a few title defenses these days.
Yeah must sell though I don't watch much anymore because of shit show it is and according to Dana UFC is bigger than ever.

Wonder if he plans to put on any weight. If he dosen't feel like he'd come in at like 195lbs.

Although normally i'd agree. With the way things have worked out with whittaker knocking off what people thought was the next contender, and Whittaker willing to wait out Israel doing 205 it seems like it's fine. Top 5 at MW is Bobby, Costa, Cannonier, Hermanson and Romero. Costa just got iced by the champ, Cannonier just got hard blocked by Bobby, Hermanson is in no position to really be legitimately challenging in the near future. And neither is Romero given he also lost to the champion, and hasn't won in ages. Till also needs time to put wins together. And past that Brunson, Gastellum, and Weidman would all have to be a good 3-4 good wins at least in a row away from hoping for a title shot. So Robert is really the only challenger so what are we really missing if Robert is fine with Israel Challenging Jan?
Indeed. The MW division is filled with cans and geriatrics. There is no one there to challenge Izzy.

Why the fuck is he going to 205 and fighting anyone not named Jones? Who even asked for a fight with him and Jan? Izzy is lame if he takes this fight and not a fight with Jones after running his mouth about him forever.
If he wins it's a great way to set up the Jones fight.

That's fucking stupid.

Jan just literally won the belt.

Adesanya has had exactly 2 title defenses.

How about they both fight in their division for a bit. Jan can't move down to 185 so what happens to Israel's belt if Jan wins?

If Israel wins he's going to defend both belts? Makes no sense at all.

If Israel wants to move up to 205 and relinquish his 185 belt to go after a 205 belt that's fine but this champ champ shit is simplyl... shit. Conor proved it best.
Who is Izzy supposed to fight at 185? He cleaned house already.

Wtfff... beyond stupid.

the golden era of mma has gone. Now we have the circus freak fights to grab money. Pathetic.
Sorry man but this whole organization was built on “freak fights”
What was the golden era in your opinion?

man o man lots of babies on this site. every single move by ufc is nagged to death here. champ fighting a champ is great and should happen more often..imagine khabib vs usuman, bring it on and go change your diapers whiners

Why the fuck is he going to 205 and fighting anyone not named Jones? Who even asked for a fight with him and Jan? Izzy is lame if he takes this fight and not a fight with Jones after running his mouth about him forever.
You think it's up to him ? Lol naive child

Sherdog will be so mad when Izzy UDs Jan with his fancy Karate strikes lol.
This is the most likely outcome.

Then he’ll probably call out Jones, but Jones will say “I’m a HW now, I’m done fighting MW’s” or some shit like that.

doesn't make sense from business point of view

Yeah for sure,

Just seems that if Costa and Cannoneir fight, and Izzy and Jan fight, then likely Izzy will fight the winner of costa / cannoneir, with Whittaker sort of in a no mans land

lol I doubt anybody would want to see Izzy rematch Costa and that includes Dana. Izzy fighting Jared next after just losing to Whittaker also wouldn't make sense.

Who knows what's going to happen after Izzy fights Jan anyways. He might just vacate the belt if he wins.

dude... you are embarrassing yourself

I believe in the smesh brudda.

This is the life now in the UFC smesh everybudda, take the bonus and drink coconuts

Aside from jokes Khamzat pushes izzy's shit in. I see him destroying izzy everytime I envision that match-up

I just want to see Izzy fight Jon. If Jan beats Izzy then it will never happen.

I think Israel is actually a comfortable favorite here. Hopefully this leads to a Jon Jones fight

Back